Any nice trails in Polk County???

Started by Ride1Rob, November 02, 2005, 10:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ride1Rob

Myself and a few friends are looking to hit some trails this w/e. Thing about it... with the hunting going on in Ocala we won't be going there. Does anyone know if there are any nice trails around Polk County? Any nice spots in Polk County where quads meet up on the w/e's to kick up some dirt? Thanx guys ;)
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Bigscrb15

Rob, If you find any, let us know. There are some private areas out towards Poinciana, but cops usually patrol that area.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Ride1Rob

10-4 Yeah we used to go out to Poinciana and ride out there quite a bit. It's so dead out there now that some of the trails have grown full of grass. And trees are still everywhere from the hurricanes last year.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

UncleRico

There are some beautiful scenic trails at River Ranch, but I don't think it would be a good idea to ride there during hunting season either.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Ride1Rob

Where's River Ranch and how big is it? Are there quite a few other riders there? Also what kind of riding (Mostly trails, open area, mud, sugar sand etc...) Thanx Uncle Rico ;)
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

LonesomeTriZ

The trails near Poinciana are slowing being shut down due to construction. There is a lot of development going on out there. There are still some damn fine riding spots though. As a matter of fact a bunch of us are getting together out there this weekend for camping and riding. I go just about every other weekend now.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com