Generators,Gererators,Gererators

Started by caospop, November 02, 2005, 04:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caospop

Fema has just anounced that they will pay for a Generator and are willing to pay about 850.00 for one. I was approved by FEMA for one i was just wondering who makes a quality Generator. Feed Back Please.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

2006YFZ450

#1
Yamaha is really good, when Charlie hit it knocked power out for 4 days and that Yamaha was running 4 days non-stop.  I was looking at the GENERX AIR-COOLED 15 KW for $39.20 a month.  It lookslike a good deal and it runs on Natural Gas.  But for $850.00 get a Yamaha or Honda and you can't go wrong.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

You're not goiing to find a yamaha or a Honda for $850. Go to Home Depot Manny, You can get a 7500watt for about $750
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

AintSkeered

A Honda 7000 cost $3.5K. Coleman, PoweBoss and other 5500W brands with Briggs & Stratton engines cost $599 and up to $999.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: AintSkeered on November 02, 2005, 06:51:28 AM
A Honda 7000 cost $3.5K. Coleman, PoweBoss and other 5500W brands with Briggs & Stratton engines cost $599 and up to $999.

Thats correct. I should've been a little more clear on my post. You can get a 7500 powerboss or equivelent at H.D for about $750. You will not find a Honda or Yamaha at anywhere near those prices.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

Northern has Honda starting at $1800.00 for a small 2000 watt. Generac are some what better, but more money. Look for one that has a oil shut off and warning light. What ever you buy, change the oil at the first 10hr and there on at 50hr. Call me if you need help in finding one.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

caospop

Kewl guys thanks for the input. I also think that i can get the 850 from fema and use it towards the purchase of a gen. the 15 k was that on portable ?
2007 Polaris Sportsman

big-daddy

Manny craptor700 is just a kid. Yes, they do make 15k portable you can pm kawgirl that has one. But I'm sure it will be a gas hog. BJs as diesel 3000watt for $900.00.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

caospop

deisel... is it quieter... more fuel efft. ????
2007 Polaris Sportsman

big-daddy

both... I have a 6000 watts, that runs 4hr per gallon of diesel. I paid $1300.00 on e-bay the best gererator I ever had. 
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

gery350

picked up a 5kw at home depot for 559.00. wanted a bigger one but at the time they didnt have any.  i aint complaining. i rigged it to my breaker panel so i turn on my water heater for about an hour and then i turn on everything else, so its almost like having power. just no central a.c.(have a wall unit a.c. rigged in the house for the bedroom.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

kawGIRL

Don't forget they will also pay for your gas, I think we got 10 gals a day for 13 days last year plus the money for the generator.  But you have to have the generator there and they check to see if it has gas and oil in it. 
At that time they did not care to see reciepts.

Also and FYI ....My uncle works for FEMA in Virgina at the main office and he thought it was odd that they have not had many calls ???
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on November 02, 2005, 06:02:02 AM
You're not goiing to find a yamaha or a Honda for $850. Go to Home Depot Manny, You can get a 7500watt for about $750

AGREED. THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK

greenmachine

Honda EN2500(watt) $699.99, eu1000(watt) $789, eu2000(watt) $1079.99, eu3000(watt) $1999.99 w/elect start. EU series are super quiet & use an inverter which produces clean power with no spikes. Briggs & Stratton style generators have problems with running fax machines or computer modems. Larger Honda inverter generators em5000(watt)= $3584.99, em7000(watt)=$3929.99. Honda industrial style jobsite generator eb6500(watt)= $3031.99. I run a small engine shop near Tampa, I also have 5500watt briggs stylein stock. All the above generators are in stock for now. shop #813-677-0326. Sorry but we are not set up for shipping.

2006YFZ450

Quote from: caospop on November 02, 2005, 08:22:17 AM
Kewl guys thanks for the input. I also think that i can get the 850 from fema and use it towards the purchase of a gen. the 15 k was that on portable ?

They do have portables but were getting it hooked up to are house and running it on Natural Gas.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Honda250ex

Well yamaha's are the best but not the cheapest.
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

RL400

#16
Ultra Source 15000 Watt Portable Generator - $1,995  When I try to link to it here it doesnt work, so go to HomeDepot.com and search "Ultra Source 15000 Watt Portable Generator"

Generac 7,500 Watt Extended Life Portable Generator is the only 7500 waww generator i could find on the home depot website.  You never know they may have others on the floor at stores, and different prices.  Its $1,149.00 (Again linking doesnt work so go to HomeDepot.com and search "Generac 7500 watt")

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

kawGIRL

Quote from: RL400 on November 03, 2005, 04:19:26 PM
Ultra Source 15000 Watt Portable Generator - $1,995 

Thats what we got :ThumbsUp.gif Awesome ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

big-daddy

Quote from: kawGIRL on November 03, 2005, 04:28:52 PM
Quote from: RL400 on November 03, 2005, 04:19:26 PM
Ultra Source 15000 Watt Portable Generator - $1,995 

Thats what we got :ThumbsUp.gif Awesome ;)

Kawgirl, how many hours per gal?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

RL400

#20
Quote from: kawGIRL on November 03, 2005, 04:28:52 PM
Quote from: RL400 on November 03, 2005, 04:19:26 PM
Ultra Source 15000 Watt Portable Generator - $1,995 

Thats what we got :ThumbsUp.gif Awesome ;)

thats good to hear, because we're looking at getting one.  Last year we ran the whole house (except downstairs air, but we did run upstairs) on a honda 6kw

RL400

#21
Quote from: big-daddy on November 03, 2005, 04:32:26 PM
Kawgirl, how many hours per gal?
16 gallon tank offers 10 hour run time at half load

kawGIRL

Quote from: big-daddy on November 03, 2005, 04:32:26 PM
Quote from: kawGIRL on November 03, 2005, 04:28:52 PM
Quote from: RL400 on November 03, 2005, 04:19:26 PM
Ultra Source 15000 Watt Portable Generator - $1,995 

Thats what we got :ThumbsUp.gif Awesome ;)

Kawgirl, how many hours per gal?
I think it's about 10 hours? We did not need the air so we were just running it for a couple of hours for the hot water heater and using the small one the rest of the time for the frige.
I felt like I was on Green Acres... LOL
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

big-daddy

38 gals in 24hrs...  are you sure thats right?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com