someone slow this thing down, man its fast!

Started by dreth, November 04, 2004, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RL400

QuoteI GOT DSL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
how have you lived this long with out it? :o

congrats.  now you'll enjoy the internet  8)

dreth

I LIVED 2.5 YRS WITH dial up >:( i wont know what to do with the extra time ;D

RL400


Muddbuggy

DAM dreth I thought with as fast as your 450R is..your internet would be just as fast ;D
GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi


SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....

dreth


Ida_Mann

dang buddy,,,,welcome to half of the internet ;-)

Cable modems round here run at least twice the speed of DSL, and my company is getting our T-3 turned up next week to 6Mbps(for the non techies this is about twice as fast as the top speed of a cable modem)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Chuck_Norris

yes it is true there are a few of us dial up guys still around, I am only at 115k.

RL400

#8
Quoteyes it is true there are a few of us dial up guys still around, I am only at 115k.
whats dial up?

 ;D ;D

YAY FOR 28.8k and 56k!! 8)

dreth

Quotedang buddy,,,,welcome to half of the internet ;-)

Cable modems round here run at least twice the speed of DSL, and my company is getting our T-3 turned up next week to 6Mbps(for the non techies this is about twice as fast as the top speed of a cable modem)

Id@

so basically your saying its sykik,hehe ;D

jjamesbar

Quotesome 700+ posts on dial-up.  thats brutal.

i still have dial up. that dam motion video you have kills me. it takes forever to scroll past it. if you have several post in a row i have to get out of the thread.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

GaryinSeffner

I'm also a dial up dumbie.....i think.......there's a phone cord that goes into the wall.....and it takes forever to view all the posts each day.....do I qualify lol j/k.....they dont offer dsl n my neighborhood yet but they say it's coming......AOL Broadband any good b/c I can get that now?!
[url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg[/url]

dreth

i used to spend 4 hrs posting pics on dial up >:( we will see how long it takes after this weekend  ;D. im sure there will be alot of pics

zilla954

Quotei still have dial up. that dam motion video you have kills me. it takes forever to scroll past it. if you have several post in a row i have to get out of the thread.

jeff


I agree!  That clip slows the whole page down.  And I'm running cable!  No offense RL!
Tim
2005 Suzuki Eiger, 1990 lt500r,
1984 atc 200x, 1983 atc 185s
1998 zx9r, 1983 yz 490 -for sale
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/zilla954/eigersig2.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/zilla954/eigersig2.jpg[/url]

crfrdr245

congrads now u get to experience internet that acually works
'04 crf 230f

workin on gettin a new quad - z-400 !!!

copy and paste this in ur profile if dirt riding is ur passion

pics
[url="http://hometown.aol.com/motorider1320/myhomepage/index.html"]http://hometown.aol.com/motorider1320/myhomepage/index.html[/url] - coming soon....

TRX450R_Racer

Congrats Dreth!! I got cable modem 6 months ago. It wasn't available in my area until then, neither is DSL. I had dial up since 1995. I love the cable modem. I had to get a seatbelt for my chair. Also cable modem is 11 times faster than DSL.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

We've had cable for a few years now and love it.
My wife just spent the last 6 days in the hospital for complications from Gall Bladder surgery. I stayed with her at night and had to use dial up from the room. I couldn't freakin stand it. It took forever for the page to open, Every time I read the next post it took at least 45 seconds for it to open.
I will never go back to fial up again.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Ida_Mann

QuoteWe've had cable for a few years now and love it.
My wife just spent the last 6 days in the hospital for complications from Gall Bladder surgery. I stayed with her at night and had to use dial up from the room. I couldn't freakin stand it. It took forever for the page to open, Every time I read the next post it took at least 45 seconds for it to open.
I will never go back to fial up again.

kept meaning to give you a call, but I figured if you werent calling there was a reason.

how is she?

if you prefer not to answer here, or at all,,,,no hurt feelings.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MX411


LakeMaryKid

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

RL400


Shotgun

Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 04, 2004, 05:27:47 PM
dang buddy,,,,welcome to half of the internet ;-)

Cable modems round here run at least twice the speed of DSL, and my company is getting our T-3 turned up next week to 6Mbps(for the non techies this is about twice as fast as the top speed of a cable modem)

Id@

How much does a T-3 connection cost a month?

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: GaryinSeffner on November 04, 2004, 07:07:58 PM
I'm also a dial up dumbie.....i think.......there's a phone cord that goes into the wall.....and it takes forever to view all the posts each day.....do I qualify lol j/k.....they dont offer dsl n my neighborhood yet but they say it's coming......AOL Broadband any good b/c I can get that now?!

AOL Broadband is a service that uses your existing high-speed internet connection. So in a nutshell it isn't broadband, its just as useless as Internet explorer only you pay $25+ a month for it. Yes, I am still on Dial-Up and I play online games, or atleast I tried to because I gave up. Everytime I play Halo or anything else AOL gives me the boot. We have both Cable and DSL connections available in my area but my parents choose not to get either, so I figure its time for me to stop being lazy and pay for my own cable connection.

RL400


Ida_Mann

Quote from: Shotgun on October 30, 2005, 10:08:26 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 04, 2004, 05:27:47 PM
dang buddy,,,,welcome to half of the internet ;-)

Cable modems round here run at least twice the speed of DSL, and my company is getting our T-3 turned up next week to 6Mbps(for the non techies this is about twice as fast as the top speed of a cable modem)

Id@

How much does a T-3 connection cost a month?

depends on how fast you want it,,,at my former employ, the company was paying about $1500 a month.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com