What Oil to use for Raptor 660

Started by 02_Super_Tacoma, October 26, 2005, 07:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02_Super_Tacoma

I'm just wondering what oil everyone uses in their raptor's and the cheapest place to buy it.
02 Supercharged Tacoma

Chuck_Norris

I have run amsoil in my Rappy before it was stolen. Good stuff.

Da_Mtg_Man

I always run amsoil too but about a month ago I found castrol 4 stroke oil in Super Walmart for 2.25 a quart. Thats half of what you'll pay for anything else.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

svtbolt04

I would get golden spectro.... The castrol stuff may say synthetic but is designed for a cars engine. Even the ones to claim "motocycle oil" arent infact made for quads or engines under 1000cc's.

Your clutches will appriciate it better.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

2006YFZ450

Amsoil is the best that money can buy.  I use Amsoil 2-Stroke oil all for my engines including my RC Boat it's the best Oil that you can buy.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

ppark350se

I use MOTUL its only sythetic-blend i think but kinda expensive.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

02_Super_Tacoma

Quote from: Raptor700R on October 30, 2005, 01:49:49 PM
Amsoil is the best that money can buy.  I use Amsoil 2-Stroke oil all for my engines including my RC Boat it's the best Oil that you can buy.


Didn't you just ask someone if this oil is any good???

Quote from: Raptor700R on October 26, 2005, 09:24:39 PM
Is this oil any good?
02 Supercharged Tacoma

2006YFZ450

Yes I did ask if it was good or not.  I bought a quart of it and used it in my RC boat and my Go-ped they ran much better with Amsoil and less smoke.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Honda250ex

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 09, 2005, 01:13:21 AM
Yes I did ask if it was good or not.  I bought a quart of it and used it in my RC boat and my Go-ped they ran much better with Amsoil and less smoke.

You are soo absest with that amsoil!! You Told me you want to be a Amsoil dealer or atleast sell it!
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

svtbolt04

Golden spectro. I love it. Let me tell you what my yammi was doing.. It woud start up then when you pulled the clutch in to go into first, it would stall the bike. Weird huh? Went to my local parts shop, told them what was going on and they said it was somthing that all yamahas have been doing since they came out. He told me to try some golden spectro and it fixed the problem. Bike runs smooth and once you are done filling up your bike with oil, you can use the excess to lube your chain.. Great stuff.


Honda250ex, need some tissue buddy? You got a little excited with your last post.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

2006YFZ450

It depends what your engine needs.  I personally like Amsoil and Mobil 1.  But I'll try Golden Spectro on my Raptor on my next oil change.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Honda250ex

Quote from: svtbolt04 on November 09, 2005, 02:01:15 AM
Golden spectro. I love it. Let me tell you what my yammi was doing.. It woud start up then when you pulled the clutch in to go into first, it would stall the bike. Weird huh? Went to my local parts shop, told them what was going on and they said it was somthing that all yamahas have been doing since they came out. He told me to try some golden spectro and it fixed the problem. Bike runs smooth and once you are done filling up your bike with oil, you can use the excess to lube your chain.. Great stuff.


Honda250ex, need some tissue buddy? You got a little excited with your last post.

What do y ???ou mean my last post!
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Pepe

2004 Green Yamaha Kodiak 450 Auto. 4x4

02_Super_Tacoma

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 29, 2005, 02:27:44 AM
I always run amsoil too but about a month ago I found castrol 4 stroke oil in Super Walmart for 2.25 a quart. Thats half of what you'll pay for anything else.

What type of Amsoil do you use??
02 Supercharged Tacoma