450R being rebuilt

Started by TRX450R_Racer, June 30, 2005, 08:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX450R_Racer

I have my 450R down to the frame. We just welded a Bare Performance gusset kit on it Tuesday night. I am in the process of grinding the welds down. It will be powder coated Translucent Blue. I will also be getting the sub-frame done the same. I am replacing every bearing, seal and bushing on the quad. It is only 18 months old and the axle bearing on the right side fell a part when I popped the seal out. I would recommend if you ride a lot to change the rear axle bearings once a year.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dreth

Did you crack the frame or just trying to prevent it? did you ever get your shocks? i have my elka rear shock for sale ;)

TRX450R_Racer

The frame isn't cracked. I wanted to get it powder coated so I figured why not do a gusset kit. I am happy with my suspension.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Well, I dropped off the frame, sub frame, exhaust heat shield and HMF silencer at the powder coaters today. MAN, they have WAY too many colors to choose from. I decided on Signal Blue with Blue sparkle for the frame and sub frame. Signal Blue is a little lighter than Royal Blue. I am getting the silencer and heat shield done Flame Red with Twilight sparkle. It glitters shades of red, blue and green. I only saw it on black, but the guy at the shop said it looked awesome over the red. He told me I would have it back a week from Monday. i can't wait to get it back. I will post pics as soon as I get it.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

jon457


TRX450R_Racer

I can't wait to get it back. Here are a couple of pics of the frame after I was done grinding the welds.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

MotoMike

What ever happened to this?

02_Super_Tacoma

02 Supercharged Tacoma

Honda250ex

It will be awsome to see some pics!!
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

TRX450R_Racer

pics of frame done


[attachment deleted by admin]
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

pics of quad


[attachment deleted by admin]
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

xtremeraptor

FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY...................FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT NONE WILL SUFFICE

2006YFZ450

'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com