Anti-ATV group

Started by lisa, October 18, 2005, 08:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisa

  Hi guys,

When I found out Defenders of Wildlife was the sponsor of the local Black Bear festival, I told my husband we would not help out. My father-in-law, knowing I defend public access and recreation went to the festival (it is free, so he did not support the cause by paying any fees) and brought home a large pamphlet put out by the Defenders speaking out against ATVs.

  Here is a link to the offending publication. http://www.defenders.org/habitat/florvs/

  Remember to be civil and courteous with any response you make to those antis.
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

Ida_Mann

my favorite was a report about the Everglades a couple of years ago saying in there was more damage done by a 200 pound man walking than a 400 pound quad running down the same trail.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

gery350

boo-hoo-hoo.

bulldozers and concrete have caused more damage then any atv could.
i started to read the report but all i got was:

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

commie bastards! ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

PureLogic

Gerry I am completely with you on this one. I wish they could put all of the blah blah blah  in to blowing me..........

















A very large balloon.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

Dr.Dirt

#4
This is just too funny. I can't believe that even one person could begin to believe the false information that they put on that web site. They said that we "Run over birds" How is it that one runs over a flying animal? They need to realize that ORV's are always going to be around no matter what they think or want and the only way to keep people from riding in illegal areas is to open up legal riding areas..who would have thought? I just really believe that some people get a certain "high" by starting a conflict with someone.

Thrumud

save our riding areas .... shoot a TREE HUGGER !
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

PureLogic

Quote from: Thrumud on October 18, 2005, 09:07:33 PM
save our riding areas .... shoot a TREE HUGGER !

  I would love to combine these two threads... Can we do it MTG MAN?
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,7642.0.html
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

PureLogic

Quote from: Brute Force on October 14, 2005, 08:45:20 AM
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Glock: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free Men Do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies: rust and liberals.

15. Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them..

22. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the "gun control laws" we have, don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

26. ".. A government of the people, by the people, for the people..."



Keep our service men and women in our thoughts

[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

"The growth and profitability of off-road vehicles have given rise to a powerful industry lobby, and years of lax law enforcement and low fines have made Florida's national forests an essentially lawless frontier for ORVs."


i dont think they live in the same florida as me.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Shotgun

Not far from the Yucapan, on the north end of Del Prado Blvd, they have bulldozed thousands and thousands of acres of trees to build housing complexes. Nobody has a problem with this, but my little atv is destroying the world.

MAV400

My husband and I read the report and what I found interesting is, that they are more upset at us for allegedly ruining the habitats of the wild life in the forest than they are of the hunters killing the wild life!

I can understand that people are going to defend what they believe in and that's okay.  Now, who will defend the atv riders?  Is there a known group to voice our side of this?

lisa

  I am glad to see some discussion on this. I am not trying to "start something" so I hope that comment wasn't aimed at me, but at the Defenders' attitude.

  There are some folks working to prevent more closures. I hope those folks come forward and restate who they are and what they are doing to help. I know Lauren is doing what she can. I have some contact information I need to get to her.

  I posted this so that you all are aware that folks are working hard to get your sport banned. ORVs, OHVs will NOT always be around if WE don't step up and stop closures.

  If you search my name and posts, you will see this has been a running theme with me on this board. I stand for you guys, even though I have a Jeep.

  The Florida 4 Wheel Drive Association will work with you all if you want the help. Just email me @ lisa@floridajeepers.net if you want more information on the Fl4WDA.

Thank you.
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

mikeE36

its simple really. These groups and the government dont understand that we are trying to enjoy nature just like they are. often while riding I stop and just take in the view of the forrest. I've seen many animals as well when riding.

MAV400

In no way was the comment aimed at you and if you felt that way I apologize.  I for one am grateful for any information regarding this issue.  I don't want to see our sport limited or eliminated.  As you read any report  or article coming from the forest service you never read about any associations for ORVs or OHVs.  I was just trying to find out if there was any.  So, I will take you up on your offer and e-mail you for more information on the FL4WDA.    

MAV400

#14
I have done the same, Mr. Scary Cakes.  There was this one time at Croom, where my husband and I went by ourselves on a weekday and just enjoyed the beauty out there.  We where fortunate enough to see a family of deer.  We stopped and shut off our bikes and just enjoyed looking at the deers.  It was really a nice experience. :P

Honda328i

Last year after Charley and Frances, there were thousands of downed trees and torn up and eroded landscapes.  Fires have ravaged other parts of the forest and logging is supposedly going on near blue sink. 

AtvFlorida members hauled out 3 pickup trucks full of trash including a TV, chairs, a VCR a gas grill and propane tank, a mattress and 1,000 empty bottles of beer, shoes, etc, etc.

Who is taking care of the forest?  Has this Anti group ever cleaned up anything out there or seen what "mother nature" did to the forest?
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Yamaha72

Tree-Hugging-Hippies  :box.gif :box.gif :box.gif
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

NP04Foreman

THATS CRAPPY GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND BE A TREE HUGGER THERE LIKE IRAQ!
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

raptor426

WTF is this crap!  They do no wat they r talkin about.  A lot of this crap is not true at all.

-RVers looking for a challenge jump off banks and sling mud off their tires, intentionally and illegally operating their vehicles in the most damaging ways in the most sensitive places.
    We r not on the road, its not illegal.
-They run over and crush birds, salamanders, other creatures and plants in their path and tear up the habitat of our imperiled Florida black bears and red-cockaded woodpeckers.
   What is this?  I dont no anyone that does that.
-They roar around the nests of bald eagles and harass osprey, herons and egrets by shining floodlights into their nests at night.
   ???  Wat?


These people can KISS MY @$$!!!!!!
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

o4250

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: raptor426 on October 20, 2005, 08:13:18 AM
WTF is this crap!  They do no wat they r talkin about.  A lot of this crap is not true at all.

-They roar around the nests of bald eagles and harass osprey, herons and egrets by shining floodlights into their nests at night.
   ???  Wat?


These people can KISS MY @$$!!!!!!

These people are a bunch of weirdo's, so be careful what you ask for  ;D

Quad32x

Dirt , get  back  on  the  bus ! >:(
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Honda250ex

If they like the envierment soo much why dont they stick a log up there ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( ;D
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

themensh

also see the post at http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,7798.msg109822.html#msg109822
  some people trying to maybe turn the tide a little.......
  hard to believe all the open land arond florida, and so little open to trail riding.
   Check out the post and lets see what we can do.

                Chuck

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com