Need Some Help/Advice on 400 ex

Started by EVANSTURF, October 18, 2005, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVANSTURF

I hav a 2003 400ex and need a lil more power. I was wondering if anyone would tell me if the big bore kit is worth the money and is it really a big difference. I would like to add a exhaust kit with and need some advice on which one also I was thinking a white brothers or a fmf. Any imput would be nice
HOnda 400ex Tag X5 bars, UMF Air Scoops, ShockWears

Ida_Mann

the big bore 440 kit turns it into a torque monster, and if you want to race, or feel a lot of regular riding power out of it, I wouldn't suggest it.  Better to go with a smaller bore like a 416 or so if you really want to bore it out.

I would suggest that you go with a full exhaust system and see how you like it first,,,maybe a differnt intake and rejet it all to match,,,,you will notice a ton of difference that may change your mind about getting it bored.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."