The future ONF does not look good

Started by stump66, October 11, 2005, 07:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyHighT100

That's it, if LT and his family wind up moving out of state... I'm SO hiding in the trunk and tagging along, lol. ;)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

needforspeed

Quote from: GSPKurt on October 12, 2005, 09:46:28 PM
Take it from me. They will NOT be one way trails. Their belief is 1 way trails encourage racing and they won't let that happen.

I hear alot of talk about no one way trails, can anyone tell me how wide the trials will be????

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

jbbj220

Quote from: GSPKurt on October 16, 2005, 08:31:57 PM
About 60 inches, I believe.
60 in. is not very wide to pass when you meet some one head on. If the trails are not one-way then when you meet someone one of them will have to make a new trail to get past and that is something that the rangers fuss about. I for one hope they will do one-way trail system.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

florida gator

Quote from: Chillinthemost on October 12, 2005, 10:42:57 PM
you have to understand that they only want you to ride slowly through the forest, treading lightly and watching the birds :( you can be sure the trails will have no mud, no hills, basically no challenges. It will be somewhere to take your grandmother riding. We really need a privatley owned riding area, like some old mining property with pits and challenging terrain, like croom only bigger.

Looking into something as we speak. We are traveling to Coal Creek and meeting with some officials from Windrock ATV club to see exactly how they worked this out with the mining company. Can't get into many specifics now but will provide info as we progress.

Chillinthemost

Florida gator, I see you are from Inverness. That is where the best riding in the state is ;D. I sure wish some of that land could be used for an off road park.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Powermadd

One of the most important issues concerning these new designated trails is trail grooming.  Will they be groomed and if so, how often?  If trail grooming does not take place we will be looking at woops worse than Croom immediately!

GSPKurt

Yes, they will be groomed. That is the biggest complaint that is heard. They are getting a special vehicle to bull the groomer so that it will fit on the trails.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

o4250

Quote from: jbbj220 on October 17, 2005, 02:33:15 PM
Quote from: GSPKurt on October 16, 2005, 08:31:57 PM
About 60 inches, I believe.
60 in. is not very wide to pass when you meet some one head on. If the trails are not one-way then when you meet someone one of them will have to make a new trail to get past and that is something that the rangers fuss about. I for one hope they will do one-way trail system.

   Jim,


I aggree

florida gator

Chillin, not sure which area you refer to but there are several great places to ride here. I will post on details as I am able. Can't say much now. We will be in Tn getting ideas for our plan Thurs night.

Powermadd

GSPKURT... Thanks in response to my question about trail grooming.  This is good news. If grooming does take place on a continuous basis as you say this will make the difference from a good trail system to a bad one and keep alot of people happy and save thousands of complaints.  Also I was wondering if all of the trail heads will connect.  This is also another concern to many that I have spoken with.  I am assuming they will and if so this would be another good choice allowing exploration from one destination keeping many happy and allowing the group rides to continue as usual.

GSPKurt

The trailheads will connect. About grooming- they are saying it will be groomed, but right now I don't know how often, or when it will start. Once the trail system is in place, we will be recruiting atv, jeep and dirt bike clubs to help with maintenance and upkeep. Right now, there are less than a dozen volunteers for all of the forest, and it is a little intimidating.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com