Submerged it? Milky Oil?-No Problem!!

Started by fordracing99, October 15, 2005, 12:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordracing99

Just some information for you all...

I have been reading some posts about riders sinking their bikes in waterholes. I had this problem and have done the following for all bikes since I can remember. Oil is expensive stop changing it 4 or 5 times plus two or more filters to get rid of the water...

Instead, drain the oil remove filter drain filter replace old filter and fill the engine with DIESEL fuel instead, all the way to the top. Start the motor and let run for about 10 seconds-NO MORE!! Drain it remove the filter again and repeats process. I have had up to 3 addl. quarts of water in my oil by submerging my bikes-worst case I'll use 6 gallons of DIESEL@even at 3.00 its cheaper than quart after quart of oil and the two filters your going to go through. DIESEL carries some lubricating properties and also works a great detergent.

Those of you that are going to say it'll ruin your engine...I have 4 bikes-2 Yamaha, 1 Honda, 1 Suzuki...I have been doing this since day one as well have all friends, 8 years later a alotta bikes later never have had a engine related problem. 
Just my 2 cents.
p.s. NEVER DO THIS WITH GASOLINE; IT COULD BE A VERY EXPLOSIVE SITUATION

johnnygun

yeah! that's the most hard core, smack you in the face, idea i've seen in a while. good that it has worked for you. i guess i'm a wuss, can't go there. i'll stick to flushing with cheap oil and filters for clean outs. man, i gotta say it again, that is mean. how did you think of that, and how many beers before you dicided to try it for the first time?

nothin but love for ya'... 8)
2005 arctic cat 500LE, snorkel, ITP 589'S,WARN Winch, k&n air, Vision black 161 wheels, SPEEDWERX pipe'd & jetted.
2006 arctic cat 400,WARN Winch, k&n air, cat alloy 7-spoke wheels.
1985 Honda ATC 250sx, UNI air, ITP alloy's.
old everglades swamp rat..area 3-A, camp 23

NP04Foreman

Yahh i dont think thats a great idea either... ill stick with oil myself...
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

Truegrit

I t can be done But I would "Bump" the motor only. W/ the Spark plug wire disconected so it will not start.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

mikeE36

i would never ever do it to the quad. to risky.

Honda250ex

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

jwscroll

I've heard of this procedure on several websites. I've also read that you can do the same thing with kerosene. In either case, deisel or kerosene, pull the spark plug cap off the plug so as not to cause damage to your self or your fourwheeler.
I personally have sunk my machine more times than I can count, I have had good success w/cheap oil flushes. I save my old oil filters and let them sun dry, then reuse them to flush watery oil. I get rid of them after they turn really black or if they get any corrosion on em. I know that my buddies Yamaha has a reuseable filter( lucky bastard ) that came stock, I bought a K&N reuseable because I was going thru alot of filters. Haven't put it in yet, which is kinda funny, I figured out where the water was getting in my quad the week before I got the filter and haven't had to change the oil yet. 8)
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

PureLogic

This technique is all fine and dandy until they slip a Teflon seal or something. Diesel will CONSUME Teflon like gasoline and Styrofoam.  Just beware. I personally like oil flushes. After all oil was engineered to be ran through after all.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]