For those who camp and other outdoor stuff

Started by Kawa3, January 12, 2005, 03:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawa3

If you havent tried a thermacell yet and hate them pesky skeeters I would recamend getting one. Our whole hunting camp has them and most wont even hunt if they dont have it that weekend that is how much it helps.But just letting you know about them before yah head up to rodman or any other riding areas that you camp at and stuff
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

jackinthebox23

for those that don't know what a thermacell is (me) can you explain more what you are talking about.   ??? :-/
2005 Polaris Sportsman 400

VelociRaptor350

'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com

Shotgun


Kawa3

lol...its a thing that uses beutane and a little pad and it heats up and keeps skeeters away from yah...i think its a 15ft radius
dont think they have stock. But its really useful in the woods and stuff. You cna buy refills at wal mart most of the time and mabye the thermacell itself im not for sure. We got ours at bass pro
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Shotgun

There's going to be a new Bass Pro Shops off I-75 between Fort Myers, and Naples soon

CABLEGUY1

Ya know,I thought I was prepared and thought of EVERYTHING,but mosquitos didn't even cross my mind . It's like clock work,every time the sun goes down they swarm you and then everyone breaks out the OFF or skin so soft and by that time it's to late,the girls are miserable and complaining. The guys usually are on there way to getting tanked so we just drink more and more until we dont notice anymore that we are getting eatin alive. It would be nice to stop them pesky bloodsuckers before they start. THANKS Kawa3!!!!!!

mainetoo2005

Thermacells work great! I used one hunting in GA and never saw a deer!

CABLEGUY1

You got to stop hunting within a 15 foot radius of your tent.LOL.

Moose

My dad and I have them, they work great, but not when the wind is blowing. It blows the scent away.

Deer cain't smell it. In Ga. it's very hard to see a deer unless there in the rut. That's where we hunt also, haven't seen a deer out of the rut yet.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Thrasher

#10
mosquitos this time of year?

was at MSG camping 3 weeks ago, ocala new years and RR last weekend, they werent an issue.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

mainetoo2005

Ok Moose... I gotta ask ... how do you know deer can't smell it? Did one tell you?  ;D

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteThere's going to be a new Bass Pro Shops off I-75 between Fort Myers, and Naples soon

I heard that we have one going up here in Pinellas county also.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Kawa3

I can smell them all the time but nothing bad. I dont think the deer will smeel it over the chicken farm close to wher ei hunt >:(

But last weekend i went hunting and the skeeters where bad.(osceola)

And here in dover they are really bad for some reason.....
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com