Salt Springs/New Riding Area

Started by Hawgin4x4, October 10, 2005, 12:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgin4x4

The riding area in Salt Springs off 88 and 314, is closed. Does anyone know why? Thats my Riding spot!! Also is the Rodman open still?

I am currently looking for new spots to ride. If anyone knows where there are some killer pits hit a brother up!

-400-
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

MotoMike

Man, that area has been closed for a while...I think.  I know of a lot of places that you can go in Ocala and yes, Rodman is still available.

Mike

Hawgin4x4

Where abouts in Ocala. Im tired of riding around big Scrub, its whooped out! About how long has it been closed? That was a good spot to ride.
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

Hawgin4x4

Can someone tell me how to get to the Rodman Dam, or give me GPS to it.
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

GrizzlyBear

Take FR 88 north of 316.  That whole area is open all the way to Rodman on the north and Eureka Dam on the West.  Great Riding.  this is the area of the new trail system.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Hawgin4x4

Where can i park, We have a 2wd SUV, will we get stuck?
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

Eworm

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on October 11, 2005, 04:14:39 PM
Take FR 88 north of 316.  That whole area is open all the way to Rodman on the north and Eureka Dam on the West.  Great Riding.  this is the area of the new trail system.

Hey GB: can I take 40 to 88 and go north from there? If so, is the road dirt or street on 88?

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

GSPKurt

Take 19 to the road the dam is on (Rodman Dam Rd.)  and cross over the dam. Watch where you park, some areas are marked no parking. 88 north of 77 is very soft sand. Don't try it with a 2wd. It is scheduled to be resurfaced with limerock/clay, but not for a while. That is a numbered road, by the way, and you are not allowed on it with a quad or unlicensed bike.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Ida_Mann

are you talking about the little clay pit very near the corner of 314 and 88?

I didn't know that was closed but it's been about 2 months since I rode out there.

I know they stuck a "no parking" sign in the middle of the popular parking spot near there.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

GreggT

Ida,
They put a no parking sign sign at the spot where we always park? The Ida trails (and that clay pit) are really closed?
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

Ida_Mann

I know the no-parking sign is there,,,,as far as the pit I dunno.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."