HS#2 - Madison

Started by Albright335, October 04, 2005, 01:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albright335

It is this weekend 10/8...

Who will be making the trip??

Jen  ;)
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

kevoquad

i think all of us open b riders are gunna be there.    if this place is anything like chipley      look out!!!!!       cant wait!!!!!    lets just hope we're not the last ones off the start again    lol
04 yfz450     " quad open #1b "
03 kodiak 400 4x4
04 nissan titan

Albright335

#2
Nice meeting you in Holopaw Kevin.... ;D

Yeah...to be one of the last off the gate was not a good thing...LoL!!!!!

Madison is much tighter than Chipley...from what I can remember it was VERY "woodsy" (if that is a word :P)...stumps...trees...a couple sections to try and make a pass before the tight woods sections start up again...

I anticipate a fun event....I love a good "woods" course!!!!!!  ;)

See you there...it will be a blast!!

Jen
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

kevoquad

nice meeting you as well,         and thanks for the 411.    im headin out now to hit some trails,     see u on the line.     
04 yfz450     " quad open #1b "
03 kodiak 400 4x4
04 nissan titan

svtbolt04

Anyone know why they closed the HS#2 thread on FTR forum?

I want to go, but if I dont get my steering stablizer, I dont think I will make this one in fear of snapping my wrist completely on these stumps.. Happened at holopaw and is still a little sore when I start riding.

As much as I want to go, it all comes down to if I get my stablizer. If that comes in thursday, I will be heading up friday after work.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

YFZ450-Tampa

Well Jen put mi in that line, with Kev and all the other bodies, let me see if I can shrink my front end some  ???
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey "svtbolt04" if you did the first race without the stabilizer, you should do this one just fine, that first track was brutal, but after that, palmettos wont be an isue any more for me...
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

svtbolt04

Yes, but do you remeber the section in holopaw where you JUST came out of a open section and had to make a blind right turn and if you looked down to the left there was a stump with HAZARD on it, I hit that with my front tire, jerked the bars right of my hands and dang near broke my wrists. Funny thing is that the tight section in that course where you went in the trees for nearly 10seconds and then came out sortof like a small hill climb.. I had no problem through there, didnt even rub. Weird.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

YFZ450-Tampa

I think I hited that one and many others ... lol and gues what, there are a lot more to come, I'll see you on the track dude...
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Oldracer#23

Good luck guys and gals.  Wish I could make this one.   :'(

YFZ450-Tampa

Come on Bill !!! you can ride with us, any way, are you trying any of the races???
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

FTR44CRep

SVT,
What kind of stabilizer did you buy?

indianjoe

Good Luck to all.. I hope to join in at the Quad Scramble in Holopaw in January...I'll be the old fat man trying not to get hurt and have fun!!!! ;D ;D

FTR44CRep

Joe,
We have a class for them too!!!!

indianjoe

Ya-I know I some enduro's and a couple of scrambles many years ago...and thought I would like to try some on a quad now...as my wife and friends say what color crutches do you want.....but like I say you don't have to be crazy about it at my age..just ride and have fun

svtbolt04

Hey FTR44CRep, I got the PEP shaft one, didnt have 500 to spend on a great one.  Quick question for anyone, which makes it harder and which makes it softer?
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

YFZ450-Tampa

just turn the shaft, you can feel the clicks, it has like a nob on the end  and has "H" harder "S" softer. Simple
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

FTR44CRep

Clockwise is harder.  Some units don't have the H and S.

svtbolt04

Thanks guys, I dont think mine is adjustable except for the part on the stem.


Well guys and gals, head up safe and lets go racing!!


(leaving in 20minutes.)
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

YFZ450-Tampa

Well well it was a nice race have to do it aganig "svtbolt04" how did you do, I dont remember the positions on your class ?
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

svtbolt04

I got 6th, pulled 3rd in the holeshot. I messed around on my first lap just taking it easy, didnt know I was only going to get 2 laps and then get pulled off. Kinda dissapointed because I was cookin' my second lap.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.