Thinking about a kids group ride

Started by Chillinthemost, October 03, 2005, 02:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chillinthemost

I know a lot of people have to leave the kids behind to go on the big group rides. I'm thinking of putting something together just for the little ones, or anyone for that matter thats not in a hurry. My idea is to do this before gun season opens, I'll check the dates on that. I'm thinking that we could start at the Eureka pit or Rodman and ride to my cabin (its about 11miles from either starting point) then cook some burgers or something and hang out then head back. It would be short enough that just about any one could do it, but we could make a day of it. My 4 yr old son has made the trip on his 50 many times. Anyone interested, I have 3 children that would go 9yrs and 7yrs girls and 4 1/2yrs old son.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

qt314nfla

That's a really neat idea for the kids.  I had no idea your son was so young.  I thought he was like 6.  He's a darn good kid.

backinsaddle

Depending on the date, we'll be there, my wife, myself, and boys.

girlieblazer

Count us in we have a 5 year that rides a 90.  We usually bring her on the rides but she doubles with daddy.  So she would love to go on a ride with a bunch of kids.  The only day we couldn't go is November 5th, we are having her Birthday Party that day. :)
Polaris Razor

JR

Sound like a great idea.  My son will turn 5 in November and loves to ride.  Little cooler temperatures and before gun seeson sounds smart.   
Don

GSPKurt

The group that rode with me & Stitch Saturday at the Seed Orchard have a 6 year old and he would love to ride with some other kids. He has an Eton 50. I'd be up for that. :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Kat1333

I want to go.  I am sure that my friends will want to go with their yunguns.  We adults can give a little for the kids and go slow for them.  Some of them youngsters can go faster than us.   ;D   I am in as a chaperoun
Not quadless any longer
TRX300EX Kat      ex-small Jr helmet
TRX400EX Aaron  cool metalic helmet
????????? Jason  helmet (everyone's for now)

qt314nfla

I'm sure my friends Chuck and Mike that were there this weekend would like to take their kids too.

Qdawg76

Hey Chillin throw out a date and lets get this ride a plannin. We will Help with the costs of the food and any help you might need, Just Let me know

-Luis
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Chillinthemost

I was thinking Oct. 29th or Nov. 5th. I think either date works for us. Hunting season starts Nov.12th. I'll probably keep my kids out of the forest after that.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

girlieblazer

Quote from: Chillinthemost on October 04, 2005, 01:13:25 AM
I was thinking Oct. 29th or Nov. 5th. I think either date works for us. Hunting season starts Nov.12th. I'll probably keep my kids out of the forest after that.

October 29th sounds great for us, Caitlin's B-Day party is the 5th and we are having a big bash for her.  This should be our last group ride in Florida, we have had an offer on our house.  We are suppose to close in December.
Polaris Razor

Chillinthemost

I think the 29th works for us. Now, we could either start at Eureka or Rodman. Its about the same distance to my place(lunch) from either. I'm thinking meet in the morning and let them ride in the pit for a while, then top off their tanks and go on a trail ride to lunch and work our way back to the pit for more "freestyle". This would be a good ride to bring the grandparents or beginners because I'm going to keep it real slow.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Qdawg76

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Awsome idea. I love to ride with the adults but I like riding with the kids way better. The look on there faces and the dirty little trail smile is what its all about. I am in I just need to ck my schedule.   
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

backinsaddle

#14
Just confirmed, the 29th works for us.  We'll be there.  Chillin, let us know what we can do.

GSPKurt

Quote from: Chillinthemost on October 04, 2005, 09:27:45 PM
I think the 29th works for us. Now, we could either start at Eureka or Rodman. Its about the same distance to my place(lunch) from either. I'm thinking meet in the morning and let them ride in the pit for a while, then top off their tanks and go on a trail ride to lunch and work our way back to the pit for more "freestyle". This would be a good ride to bring the grandparents or beginners because I'm going to keep it real slow.

That's a great plan. How can I help?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Chillinthemost

Looks like this is coming together.  ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

qt314nfla

I'm quite sure my friends and their kids won't be able to make that weekend.  We'll all be out at C&R playing in the mud and doing hay rides w/ the kids.

girlieblazer

Okay so we are having the kids ride on the 29th, what time do we want to meet?
Polaris Razor

Chillinthemost

I'll be going up on Fri. We can meet whenever, say 9 or 10. It makes no difference to me. I dont know how far everyone has to drive.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

girlieblazer

Well we only live 45 minutes away from Rodman,  so it doesn't matter to us.   :)
Polaris Razor

450RRRR

hey chillin we are wanting to bring up our nephew from fort myers. so a later start would help us. do you have a pay pal so that we can help with supplies(burgers /sodas ect,)

Chuck_Norris


Hoosier Daddy

sonds like a plan i have a 5yo who would love it!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Chillin Im in, pm me how I can help you. I will have my 2 kids and Jayz400 (hes a site member but dosent post much) and his 2 kids.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.