Need some advice. Got scammed on Paypal....UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Old_School, September 28, 2005, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_School

  >:( I am so PISSED!  I bought a pipe for my zilla on Aug 9th and playing email tennis with the seller he advised me that it would of shipped out on 9/16. Well it didn't I called the manufactor and he stated it will ship 9/26 (last Monday). Well I called him yesterday and the seller never sent him an invoice with payment.  Now I first contacted paypal on 9/2 to file a claim. The seller then contacted me after I had filed a claim. He said that paypal froze his account cause I filed a claim but in order to send a payment to the manufactor I have to cancel the claim. Well unbenounced to me I did and now it is over the 45 day time from that paypal has to file. Plus they(paypal) told me that once I cancel a claim that I can't re-instate it? WTF? So I had to email the appeals dept at paypal.  I swear, I'm am so tempted to fly up to Northern PA where this schmuck is and beat my 300$ out of him.  :gr :box.gif Anybody know anyone in Elkwood, PA?

Does anybody have any advice that would help me get my money back? Thanks. -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

TRX350_On_The_Rack

It sucks you got played. :o Try to contact the seller and see the status of your order.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Old_School

Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on September 28, 2005, 09:51:35 AM
It sucks you got played. :o Try to contact the seller and see the status of your order.


I did. No response. I think I'm gonna put his cell phone and email address on everything mailing solicitation list I can find. If I can get a cheap airline ticket I might just fly up there. I'll buy a bat when I get off the plane.  >:(   -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Ida_Mann

please tell me you paid with a credit card?

if you did,,,,dispute it with your credit card company.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Grizzlygirl

What Ida said
   Contact your credit card co. and let let know you did not receive the merchandise. The will freeze the purchase and investigate.
Mama Grizz

Old_School

Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 28, 2005, 10:51:13 AM
please tell me you paid with a credit card?

if you did,,,,dispute it with your credit card company.

Id@

That's the bad part. I had a paypal balance from selling some of my other parts for around 250$ and only put 52$ on the credit card. I know I can the 52$ back but I really worried about the 250$.  I guess I could flood his email with literally hundreds of emails( I would do that) and keep calling him every 1/2 hr through the whole day and flood his voicemail untill the point that he gets annoyed and give me my money back but he could just change his cell and email.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

dreth

buy something else from him and dispute the charge with paypal and they will freeze his account again and then when he contacts you, and he will, tell him that you will keep it froze till you get your pipe or money back!!

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: dreth on September 28, 2005, 11:49:02 AM
buy something else from him and dispute the charge with paypal and they will freeze his account again and then when he contacts you, and he will, tell him that you will keep it froze till you get your pipe or money back!!

I was thinking that, but Paypal will unfreeze the guys account as soon as he shows an invoice showing he shipped the product. Plus who's to say he will do business with a guy he owes money to?
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]


TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: dreth on September 28, 2005, 12:07:57 PM
it was a thought :(

Yes, it was a good thought. I just didn't see a solution out of it for Old_School. Someone here must know of a way. Sounds like a job for Anoriginal  :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

bigscrub79

Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on September 28, 2005, 12:12:32 PM
Quote from: dreth on September 28, 2005, 12:07:57 PM
it was a thought :(

Yes, it was a good thought. I just didn't see a solution out of it for Old_School. Someone here must know of a way. Sounds like a job for Anoriginal  :)
Thats what i was thinking. The man knows his stuff. Why dont you PM him Old_School
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Old_School

Quote from: bigscrub79 on September 28, 2005, 12:19:27 PM
Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on September 28, 2005, 12:12:32 PM
Quote from: dreth on September 28, 2005, 12:07:57 PM
it was a thought :(

Yes, it was a good thought. I just didn't see a solution out of it for Old_School. Someone here must know of a way. Sounds like a job for Anoriginal  :)
Thats what i was thinking. The man knows his stuff. Why dont you PM him Old_School

OK. Will do. I'll shoot him a PM.

In the interim, anybody else have any advice? Or bombs, missiles, long range cannons.  ;D

-Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Mrs.Nightbreed

UGGG :(

I went through the whole claims process once with paypal and it took FOREVER even without the extra stuff you are going through.... >:(

Have you called paypal and spoken to a live person or just emails?

If you need the number: 402-935-2017

It is the customer service number on the back of the paypal checkcard. I know they have no phone number on their site so I hope it helps

Old_School

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on September 28, 2005, 01:28:34 PM
UGGG :(

I went through the whole claims process once with paypal and it took FOREVER even without the extra stuff you are going through.... >:(

Have you called paypal and spoken to a live person or just emails?

If you need the number: 402-935-2017

It is the customer service number on the back of the paypal checkcard. I know they have no phone number on their site so I hope it helps

Ya I called them. They gave me the email address for the appeals dept since I can't re-instate my first claim.  I searched and found his address on the net. What are some good mailing lists to be put on.  ;) -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Bigscrb15

I am seeing a group ride up to PA. Im sure we can find some good trails up there.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

bigscrub79

[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Mrs.Nightbreed

go to the post office and get a change of address form and send all his stuff to Oregon or somewhere crazy.....

Anoriginal

I'd do the following:

1. Hound Paypal. Call them, write a certified letter, then do it all again. Each time repeat yourself and everytime you get another person's name or address send copies of your letter to them.

2. Hound the seller. Call him, write him, etc.

3. If you know where the seller resides, report him to his local better business bureau. If he's operating a legitimate business, it will cause him problem. While you're at it, contact the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office and get in touch with the folks in the fraud department. turn them lose on him too.

4. This is a fun one... Because he was selling to you in Florida, you can argue that he does business in Florida to such a degree to subject him to the jurisdiction of a Florida Court. Go to your county courthouse and pick up a small claims packet and fill it out. Turn it in to the clerk of court and tag him with a small claims lawsuit here in Florida. If he doesn't appear, you can obtain a default judgment against him for what you're owed. With judgment in hand, you can record it in Pennsylvania in the public records of the county/township in which he resides. This judgment wil show up any time his credit is checked. (That really makes people mad). However, as long as you follow the law in obtaining the judgment, you're entitled to collect on the same, including (in most cases) pre-judgment interest and your costs associated with collecting on the judgment.   ;)

Old_School

Quote from: Anoriginal on September 28, 2005, 03:37:19 PM
I'd do the following:

1. Hound Paypal. Call them, write a certified letter, then do it all again. Each time repeat yourself and everytime you get another person's name or address send copies of your letter to them.

2. Hound the seller. Call him, write him, etc.

3. If you know where the seller resides, report him to his local better business bureau. If he's operating a legitimate business, it will cause him problem. While you're at it, contact the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office and get in touch with the folks in the fraud department. turn them lose on him too.

4. This is a fun one... Because he was selling to you in Florida, you can argue that he does business in Florida to such a degree to subject him to the jurisdiction of a Florida Court. Go to your county courthouse and pick up a small claims packet and fill it out. Turn it in to the clerk of court and tag him with a small claims lawsuit here in Florida. If he doesn't appear, you can obtain a default judgment against him for what you're owed. With judgment in hand, you can record it in Pennsylvania in the public records of the county/township in which he resides. This judgment wil show up any time his credit is checked. (That really makes people mad). However, as long as you follow the law in obtaining the judgment, you're entitled to collect on the same, including (in most cases) pre-judgment interest and your costs associated with collecting on the judgment.   ;)

Sounds like this man has done his homework. Thanks. + Karma for you.  ;) But item 4, would you really think that would work being it's out of state?  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

TRX350_On_The_Rack

You get a Karma point for that Anoriginal  :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Mrs.Nightbreed

Quote from: Old_School on September 28, 2005, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on September 28, 2005, 03:37:19 PM
I'd do the following:

1. Hound Paypal. Call them, write a certified letter, then do it all again. Each time repeat yourself and everytime you get another person's name or address send copies of your letter to them.

2. Hound the seller. Call him, write him, etc.

3. If you know where the seller resides, report him to his local better business bureau. If he's operating a legitimate business, it will cause him problem. While you're at it, contact the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office and get in touch with the folks in the fraud department. turn them lose on him too.

4. This is a fun one... Because he was selling to you in Florida, you can argue that he does business in Florida to such a degree to subject him to the jurisdiction of a Florida Court. Go to your county courthouse and pick up a small claims packet and fill it out. Turn it in to the clerk of court and tag him with a small claims lawsuit here in Florida. If he doesn't appear, you can obtain a default judgment against him for what you're owed. With judgment in hand, you can record it in Pennsylvania in the public records of the county/township in which he resides. This judgment wil show up any time his credit is checked. (That really makes people mad). However, as long as you follow the law in obtaining the judgment, you're entitled to collect on the same, including (in most cases) pre-judgment interest and your costs associated with collecting on the judgment.   ;)

Sounds like this man has done his homework. Thanks. + Karma for you.  ;) But item 4, would you really think that would work being it's out of state?  -Mark

8) WOW Thats a lot.....he's going to regret not refunding that 300.00...Its going to cost him  A LOT more

Anoriginal

Quote from: Old_School on September 28, 2005, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on September 28, 2005, 03:37:19 PM
I'd do the following:

1. Hound Paypal. Call them, write a certified letter, then do it all again. Each time repeat yourself and everytime you get another person's name or address send copies of your letter to them.

2. Hound the seller. Call him, write him, etc.

3. If you know where the seller resides, report him to his local better business bureau. If he's operating a legitimate business, it will cause him problem. While you're at it, contact the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office and get in touch with the folks in the fraud department. turn them lose on him too.

4. This is a fun one... Because he was selling to you in Florida, you can argue that he does business in Florida to such a degree to subject him to the jurisdiction of a Florida Court. Go to your county courthouse and pick up a small claims packet and fill it out. Turn it in to the clerk of court and tag him with a small claims lawsuit here in Florida. If he doesn't appear, you can obtain a default judgment against him for what you're owed. With judgment in hand, you can record it in Pennsylvania in the public records of the county/township in which he resides. This judgment wil show up any time his credit is checked. (That really makes people mad). However, as long as you follow the law in obtaining the judgment, you're entitled to collect on the same, including (in most cases) pre-judgment interest and your costs associated with collecting on the judgment.   ;)

Sounds like this man has done his homework. Thanks. + Karma for you.  ;) But item 4, would you really think that would work being it's out of state?  -Mark

It's a jurisdictional issue commonly referred to as "long-arm jurisdiction". Usually, if someone commits a "tort" in Florida, they subject themselves to the jurisdiction of a Florida court. In this situation, you would have to argue that because he's selling his wares in the State of Florida and because his actions resulted in a "wrong-doing" in Florida, such actions subject him to jurisdiction in the state of Florida. It's the old "Throw a rock from out of state and hit someone in Florida and you'll find yourself in a Florida court."

I think you'd have a good shot at going after him in a Florida Court. Also, I'm looking into the fact that he's selling goods over state lines. In some instances there are federal rammifications for wrongful activity associated with commerce over state lines. I'll post more when I get a chance to confirm.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on September 28, 2005, 01:38:18 PM
go to the post office and get a change of address form and send all his stuff to Oregon or somewhere crazy.....

HEY, I told you about that.

This does work, His bills will be late which means his credit will get damaged also.

Another thing is find all the info you can on this guy ie: name,address,ss# and so on. Call his power company and (pretend you're him) Tell them that you're leaving for 2 months and would like the power shut off Friday afternoon by 3pm. That way when he gets home his house will be hotter than hell and there's a chance he'll go all weekend with no power.

I've got a few others but start there.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com