Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Dewey

#1
Open Discussion / Re: Pray for my Grandma please
August 17, 2007, 10:56:30 PM
Praying for your Gramma and hoping it was just a little "bad pizza"!
#2
Man it's so great to hear of a quick answer to prayer! Sometimes things don't work out the way we want ,you know?Now I'm praying for you bro' that you'd be able to somehow help this young man.[Maybe a letter or a word or two in court] So he can truly see the damage he is capable of doing to others, then get right with God and do what's right with his life. I'm not so sure offering him a knuckle sammich is the best approach >:D Also as for talking to Quads......I do all the time. I ask them, why won't you run right? D
#3
 I sure appreciate all the input. I still think there would be a niche market for the folks that have already done the Disney thing.... talk about expensive? $12.00 for a Mickey-tuna sandwich and $4.00 for a Mickey-coke!!? This is a tourist state and yes Ocala has shut down a considerable amount of trails but still there's a boatload of them, with more on the way. I think ATVing is a great family outing and we've all been hooked from the get-go
#4
Yes, I would purchase a fleet of them then rent them out throughout the year
#5
Open Discussion / Re: Prayers for my Sister...
February 11, 2007, 12:07:40 PM
Praying not only for healing but that she gets comforted too!
#6
Open Discussion / Re: Attn: Parents and Kids !
February 11, 2007, 11:57:37 AM
When we used to ride in Wisconsin, everyone used hand signals. If you encountered someone head-on coming your way, you'd both slow down and put up the amount of fingers equivalent to the number of riders  behind you in your group. It works as a greeting and as a caution. You can leave both hands on the handlebars and do this. Then everyone in the group does the same thing as you pass [if you want]. The last rider puts up a closed fist indicating noone behind them . This work especially well when folks aren't riding very tightly packed together. Youngsters really think this is cool. Dewey
#7
Just wanted to bump this question since it's such a big undertaking. Dewey
#8
Thanks for the input folks. It's kinda what I thought. People won't be beating the door down to rent and that it would be sporadic at best. Still considering it though.
#9
Open Discussion / What type of person would rent a quad
January 19, 2007, 09:51:13 PM
I'm strongly considering going into business near the trail system in Ocala. One of the services I'd offer would be quad rentals. Am I crazy? Just because I really enjoy something doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be a money maker. I know about maintenance and  repair and some of the risk. But I'm really wondering if there's a market for this type of service. I could see tapping into the Orlando tourist market but they are kinda far [about two hours]. I've purchased all my personal quads and have never rented one. Maybe if cousin Shmoey or uncle Re-bob visits, the average local guy might rent one for him, but  I think most of us have our own equipment though. Am I missing something? Any serious help and input would be appreciated. Thanks Dewey
#10
 Delancy is really right in the middle of nowhere.Very nice area though. If you have means of trailering  your quads to a trailhead, I'd suggest staying in Salt Springs[ a couple campgrounds there] or at the Rodman Dam campground. You'd have to trailer about five plus miles from Salt Springs or about a mile1/2 from Rodman Dam[to trailheads]. Delancy is nice because you can ride from your campsite. Can't say about Big Scrub because I haven't made it there yet. I just heard that alot of folks ride out of there. As far as hunters....yeah they're out there too. I wouldn't put the brakes on your trip because of that. I'll be riding with my boys on the 26th. If you stay up near Delancy,PM me and maybe we can hook-up. Welcome and good luck!
Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com