Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - JackL

#1
Open Discussion / Re: GOOD TO BE BACK!!
January 18, 2018, 08:43:24 AM
Did anyone go ride based on this thread?

Personally it will take me at least a week to dig the vines and plants out of my quad to get it on the trail again. haha. I should spray it with Roundup before I leave for work and get the process started. ;)

Sure would be nice to get out and ride.

#2
Open Discussion / Re: Blast from the past!
January 18, 2018, 08:37:41 AM
Wow, time really can fly! Feels like I posted this a few months ago! Good to see you guys are still around. Would still like to make it out to Anoriginal's camp and talk about how my Big Pine house spend 45 minutes in the eye wall of Erma and came out with very light damage!



#3
Open Discussion / Re: Any old members still around?
January 18, 2018, 08:34:19 AM
I'm still here...lol.  ;)

Anyone want to ride??
#4
Open Discussion / Blast from the past!
October 24, 2015, 01:05:50 PM
What happened here? Where has everyone gone? I haven't been away that long!

Flashback to the good old days











#5
Quote from: AintSkeered on April 03, 2009, 10:35:14 AM
Wipe with any sheet of paper. Just crinkle it up, tear a small piece out the middle and put aside. Stick your finger threw the hole in the paper, wipe with your finger and paper will protect the anything from getting on the rest of your hand. Now, wipe off your finger with the paper and then use that small piece(of paper you tore out to make the hole) to clean under your finger nail. :)


I guess you could write a thank you message using your technique.

#6
Open Discussion / Re: eiger owners come and get it
April 03, 2009, 10:43:47 AM
Quote from: Keeter on April 03, 2009, 10:10:20 AM
Quote from: JackL on April 03, 2009, 09:18:57 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 02, 2009, 10:07:53 AM
I can't wait to go on a ride with Matt. What a good time we'll have. The trash talking in the group will be enough by itself to make a full length movie out of.


I will walk barefoot from Broward to the middle of BC for some of this action, and the video rights.  ;)



Clear your inbox knob.. A few of us are riding this weekend..trying to invite you.

To ride this weekend I have to fit one of these:





In here:





I am actually going to try and getr done because the one in there now is grinding so bad I am afraid it will lock up if I go and dog it in 2wd like my last few rides...so I might just be in.

Was thinking of the humps Sunday with the rest of the locals. Look in group rides.

#7
Open Discussion / Re: Whaddaya Think??
April 03, 2009, 10:32:41 AM
Quote from: Keeter on April 03, 2009, 10:19:52 AM
Quote from: digginfool on April 02, 2009, 09:34:41 PM
Here it is!  The picture you all waited for!

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25205.0.html


Where's my beer!   :R :R :R :R :R :L :L :L rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 <nanaparty> <nanaparty>


DIGGIN...YOU ARE DA MAN. That picture produced a lot of talk for a while. All in good fun though.  Jack..you gotta laugh at that.  LOLOLOLOL


Oh.I am good for the beer.  :bow.gif :Clap.gif :drink.gif :spit.gif :T :Y rolback1 rolback1


LMAO, If I would have seen this sooner I would have posted it myself and took that beer. ;) I think I have a higher resolution version in my photobucket folder that has the rest of the pics and videos from that ride.

Good times, we should do it again when that rain hits central FL and the mud comes back.

I hear The Plex in North Florida took 11" of rain yesterday. So it won't be long for the rest of us. !!!


BTW: I don't even remember you being around back then...? You have a different name or something?


#8
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 03, 2009, 10:12:49 AM
Oh, and I sometimes sneak over to his house and crap in his trailer when he's not looking. Only I don't use the toilet.


How do you wipe?

#9
Quote from: 4x4Matt on March 31, 2009, 12:03:46 PM
jack ricky is coming to take pics in few days ill post them up     u coming to l cross jack youy can camp,ride, and get drunk with us


It is a little far out for me to say, but if I make it I would definitely ride and get drunk with you guys.


#10
Group Rides & Events / Re: Florida City 4/5
April 03, 2009, 09:29:16 AM
Quote from: TNTaylor on April 01, 2009, 12:20:40 PM
Quote from: JackL on March 31, 2009, 11:22:40 AM
I am going to try and make this. I want to meet all of you guys and do some riding!




You gonna be on your Vinson?  I'll be on a Vinson cammo riding with my son hot rodding around on a blue Raptor.  Flag us down if we cross paths.  I know every trail and mud hole in the Hump.


Yeah, same red Vinson. My front pumpkin is broken right now, but I have another and am going to try and get it swapped in before Sunday.

Where do you enter and park at the humps anyway??

BTW: I was on 344th yesterday and about 1/2 way to Biscayne Park I saw a pretty good looking spot on the right and thought of you and the camo Vinson.



#11
Open Discussion / Re: eiger owners come and get it
April 03, 2009, 09:18:57 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 02, 2009, 10:07:53 AM
I can't wait to go on a ride with Matt. What a good time we'll have. The trash talking in the group will be enough by itself to make a full length movie out of.


I will walk barefoot from Broward to the middle of BC for some of this action, and the video rights.  ;)

#12
Open Discussion / Re: Whaddaya Think??
April 03, 2009, 09:12:56 AM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 03, 2009, 06:40:46 AM
Quote from: digginfool on April 02, 2009, 09:34:41 PM
Here it is!  The picture you all waited for!

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25205.0.html


Where's my beer!   :R :R :R :R :R :L :L :L rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 <nanaparty> <nanaparty>



Wow thats brings back memories  ;D




Yeah it does. I still get all hot and bothered when I see an 8kw+ genset.  ;)
#13
12volts, bah.

$100 Harbor Freight.



2 stroke, six pounds. 31GPM.

#14
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on March 25, 2009, 11:21:12 AM

Is there a face there? :dunno.gif  Did you snap a pic of the skunk ape LOL


Might have been Newmember!!! Good catch.

This was up at the Florida Motoplex.

Bunch of other pics in this album:

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/march3plex/

#15
I have got to see the pink monster. The funny thing is the sun has turned my red Vinson pink also...

#16
Group Rides & Events / Re: Florida City 4/5
March 31, 2009, 11:22:40 AM
I am going to try and make this. I want to meet all of you guys and do some riding!


#17
Open Discussion / Re: Will It Ever End????
March 31, 2009, 11:20:32 AM
Quote from: Turboderf on March 29, 2009, 10:00:18 PM
Well thats a bummer  what is it going to take before they open up some more LEGAL spots to ride


This guy would have NEVER visited one anyway.
#18
Open Discussion / Re: Whaddaya Think??
March 31, 2009, 11:13:38 AM
It is about time I came clean with Y/all. I am actually every single user on here except Mr. Bones.


#19
Quote from: Keeter on March 26, 2009, 11:32:13 AM
Quote from: JoelandNicole on March 07, 2009, 10:04:12 AM
anyone have any input on big cypress?? is it a hassell and is it worth the hassel?

Not worth the hassle. PITA  >:(



Yeah, crap riding there also.


#20
Where to Ride? / Re: atv rule change
March 27, 2009, 10:54:23 AM
Great post.
#21
Open Discussion / Re: winch ?
March 27, 2009, 10:53:02 AM
Yeah, this is the exact reason I ride with a comealong, and leave the winch bolted to my trailer. ;)

http://www.nationalwholesaletools.com/browseproducts/4-Ton-Hand-Puller---Comealong.HTML

Keep your stupid, always broken when you need them winches.


#22
Open Discussion / Re: Sand blasting question ?
March 27, 2009, 10:49:18 AM
BTW: If you can use chemical stripper and just dust the rust pitted areas with a blaster it will make your life even easier IMO.

#23
Open Discussion / Re: Sand blasting question ?
March 27, 2009, 10:43:00 AM
If you don't use blasting sand you don't need to wear any protection because it doesn't hurt when the grains bounce off and hit you, and you won't see nearly as many sparks. 8)

As for the water separator, well it is nice but the blaster I ran as a kid was like a fire hose and it didn't cause any troubles. Granted this was a v8 driven compressor and I was blasting concrete trucks, but the principles is the same. We know you will be using some sort of etching primer after anyway, right. ;) haha

For little handheld units the stuff from home depot for sand boxes works ok and doesn't pit the metal badly as more coarse sand. Depending on what you are trying to clean you might want to look into plastic blasting media.
#24
Quote from: jrpro130 on March 24, 2009, 06:51:08 PM
i dont ride illigally so i dont get caught  and i have stock exhaust now...hmf is too raspy


Me either. ;)


Lets ride.
#25
Open Discussion / Re: One year FREE
March 27, 2009, 10:32:57 AM
One of your best posts ever, BD. ;)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com