Whos IN? just seeing if anyone might be intrested in camping at the Scrub on New Years Eve, I spoke with Dreth I believe hes in, if we can get a group of people to go we might just make it a definite plan. SOO lets try to get this to be a big turnout and have fun riding and bringing in the new year.
Fun for all ages quads, camping, grilling, woman, more woman, and Drinking what ever you want and you dont have to drive after drinking, just go right back in your tent or camper which ever you have.
Hope to make this a definite plan ;)
man that sounds great! i would join you guys but ill be in connecticut for the holidays. :'(
I'll be at the 18+ Adult Pajama Party at l-cross that weekend. Ask Dreth about the first one, he was there. It'd be nice if some of y'all sport riders came out w/ us. Going to be entertaining to say the least.
Well that sounds like fun Too ;D
I am in! I don't think I could ask for more. Quads, guys and some Captin!!! ;) LOL
IM IN! LETS DO IT!! i dont have any camping gear.................................................................................................................................................YET ;) i will most likely have my son, wife, boots, and myself ;)
Quote from: T2slil'sis on December 12, 2005, 02:34:16 AM
I am in! I don't think I could ask for more. Quads, guys and some Captin!!! ;) LOL
I dont know what you are talking about guys for you will be camping with me, your off limits. :P
Quote from: T2 on December 12, 2005, 02:59:47 AM
Quote from: T2slil'sis on December 12, 2005, 02:34:16 AM
I am in! I don't think I could ask for more. Quads, guys and some Captin!!! ;) LOL
I dont know what you are talking about guys for you will be camping with me, your off limits. :P
you better back up off girl ;) shes mine 8)
i already have plans :( and its with the girlfriend so i cant back out or i'll be "punished" if ya know what i mean. Definitly sounds like more fun then what im doing :-\ oh well you all have fun.
Quote
I'll be at the 18+ Adult Pajama Party at l-cross that weekend.
sorry but it's not a pajama party the theme is redneck games and it is adult only 18 & up.
I will be here with a large group but it is 18yrs plus.
http://www.floridaatv.com/YaBB.pl?num=1132708070/0#0
while i can appreciate the nakedness of the L-Cross event it just doesnt offer enough actual riding for me. its just mud, mud, beer, mud, boobs, mud, beer, mud! replace the mud, beer and boobs with the word riding and im there ;)
Quote from: QT314Nfla on December 12, 2005, 05:54:19 PM
Oh bite me w/ the details. Just because I made a mistake on what they were calling it you gotta call me out? Either way we all know what will be going on out there.
T2's lil sis....you are welcome to join us at the l-cross event. There will be plenty of guys at our event. Your brother knows who I am. So he can yell at me for getting you in trouble.
I don't think he will be yelling at you because he knows I can get in trouble all by myself. Its sad. :( lol :P
Quote from: dreth on December 12, 2005, 12:29:05 PM
Quote from: T2 on December 12, 2005, 02:59:47 AM
Quote from: T2slil'sis on December 12, 2005, 02:34:16 AM
I am in! I don't think I could ask for more. Quads, guys and some Captin!!! ;) LOL
I dont know what you are talking about guys for you will be camping with me, your off limits. :P
you better back up off girl ;) shes mine 8)
You are to cute! :-* Does this mean I can't get some what outta control? I can't show any piercings. :D ;) Just kidding 8)
I'm in as long as I can do Fireworks somewhere. Bought a bunch of goods ones while I was in Alabama earlier in the year.
I talked to Dreth about a week ago and we were discussing a ride for that w/e. If I have my bike back by then I'll be there but will have to cut out afterwards. Will also be bringing a couple w/ me.
Quote from: Hollywood on December 13, 2005, 02:13:46 AM
I'm in as long as I can do Fireworks somewhere. Bought a bunch of goods ones while I was in Alabama earlier in the year.
Its New Year's Eve, you have to set off some fireworks. 8)
Quote from: redneck_girl on December 13, 2005, 10:28:02 AM
Look no need to be a bi**h qt I was just letting everyone know this events is going to a little difference.
But if you would have read you would know that.
and yall are both gonna be out at l cross! i sense a cat fight.....................that would be a muddy cat fight ;) now now ladies, theres enough of me to go around :-*
I personally don't want to pay 30 bucks to sit around some mud when I could not pay anything, AND GO TO BIG SCRUB FOR NEW YEARS!!! I"M IN!!!!!!!!!!! WHOS DOIN IT?!?!?!?!?
Hello everyone
Well i see that Qt and reneck_girl seem to have a little tension going on...
And I would like to say that redneck_girl is right ! There is a differance in venue for the new years party. The theme is "redneck games" There will be prizes and all kinds of fun!
Hey Hollywood... Bring your fireworks!! Just remember be safe with them.
See Ya'll there
"mud"
Mud, so witch event are you going too?
if it happens, I'm rollin to big scrub!!!! woooooooooooo!!!!
Quote from: Agent on December 13, 2005, 11:26:05 PM
if it happens, I'm rollin to big scrub!!!! woooooooooooo!!!!
The more the merrier! Your the man! 8)
I already told my friends, it should be me, girlfriend, and a few other people.. Whats the head count at now? I'm going to cut up a bunch of 2x4's for a bon fire, and then when we get there we can add to it with brush we find laying around...
It sounds like fun. I will check on the old bag (not the wife) (sleeping bag) and tent and see if its still functional. I have not met many people on this site but if its a riding kind of weekend, I will see you folks there.
Well it sounds like for sure plans, So lets get a head count and see how many people are going.
So Far
Myself
Son
Sister
Agent
Hollywood
VforceDave
Ride1Rob if bike is done but not staying the nite.
Ida-man mabe
allright lets get more peps out there I might get there on Fri so I can save some spots.
I may be able to go for the day, what day would the main ride be on? I dont think that my mom would let me stay the night, so id just have to go for the day and leave before it gets dark.
Quote from: T2 on December 12, 2005, 02:59:47 AM
Quote from: T2slil'sis on December 12, 2005, 02:34:16 AM
I am in! I don't think I could ask for more. Quads, guys and some Captin!!! ;) LOL
I dont know what you are talking about guys for you will be camping with me, your off limits. :P
ahem, I'll try to be there :N
Id@
woooo 15!!! this is going to freaking rock! I have been wanting to mean Id@ m@n and dreth for a while, this should be great!
Get there early. I was there last year. I can't make it this year.
FYI.
It was a madhouse. We pulled in Friday afternoon thinking no one would be there, boy I was wrong.
who here is going to camp on friday also? I'm not positive I can get there friday... I am positive however, that as soon as I get off work on friday, I can head out there, and I would assume make it there before 10 at night...
I can get there earlly on fri, I have the day off I just need to find a way to block off some camp sites.
I have a question pertaining to the ride. What type of ride is this going to be? Nice and slow scenery type or blistering and blurry type? :-\
Quote from: Ride1Rob on December 15, 2005, 02:19:02 PM
I have a question pertaining to the ride. What type of ride is this going to be? Nice and slow scenery type or blistering and blurry type? :-\
I would think that the "blistering and blurry" part would come after the drinking starts.
;-)
Id@
Rob it can be what ever you want it to be. We are going to be there for the whole weekend so diffirent groups can go out and ride. There can be speed riding, scenic riding, in between riding. You deceide. ;)
Well you know what kind of riding I want... "If it's gonna be slow.... NO!!!"
I'll prolly take a few slow rides with my girlfriend on the back, and most of the time, I'll be going as fast as my vision allows me...
IM OUT! Ill ride for the day and then its off to the house for a nice soft pillow topped mattress, climate controlled environment and quad safety.
So to answer your question Rob.....................................Im riding as fast as i can safely walk away from ;)
Well I'm still in.
if we can stay at idas cabin and ride his trails then im in! but there will be no tent camping in my future ;)
Dreth ya big wus!
Agent, I thought you use to have a wolverine. If I'm wrong correct me. If you've sold it why didn't you tell me? I want another one.
I'm sorry I'm going to miss you all on this one. I like the group heading out there. I hope we can get another ride together that I can meet up w/ y'all on.
Quote from: QT314Nfla on December 16, 2005, 08:13:46 AM
Dreth ya big wus!
Thank You QT, My thoughts exactly, there is nothing wronge with tent camping if you have alot of people going with you to share the fun. So with that being said whos in for the Scrub with tent camping and whos not.You know what I really dont care anymore I'm going to be there regaurdless who shows up, I'm going to have a good time, so no cry babies :'(. repley
no wolverine here...
t2, you drink?
Have any fireworks? we should probably get some...
and yes, i'm there... rain or shine.
Quote from: T2 on December 16, 2005, 12:12:19 PM
Quote from: QT314Nfla on December 16, 2005, 08:13:46 AM
Dreth ya big wus!
Thank You QT, My thoughts exactly, there is nothing wronge with tent camping if you have alot of people going with you to share the fun. So with that being said whos in for the Scrub with tent camping and whos not.You know what I really dont care anymore I'm going to be there regaurdless who shows up, I'm going to have a good time, so no cry babies :'(. repley
talk about throwing a friend under the bus :'( what did i do to you that would make me deserve that kinda verbal attack :dunno.gif i have always supported you and been there for you and just because i dont want to sleep on the hard cold ground with no hot shower im a cry baby.................
Your right :lecture.gif i am a crybaby :'( !!!!! either way you still love me :groupies.gif :Hug.gif
hehehe dreth, Tony and I won't mention a certain someone who wanted to turn around and go home because of the rain in GA.
or what happened......
behind the wall.
Id@
i cried like a baby the whole durhamtown trip :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( im still whineing about that trip ;D
Ah, a little Ga. clay is good for you. ;D
I guess a lot of it might be another story.
Your right Dreth, I still Love you, sorry about throwing under the bus, I was just venting off, :-* Ok now lets ride.
ummmm fireworks?
Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 15, 2005, 12:24:32 AM
Quote from: T2 on December 12, 2005, 02:59:47 AM
Quote from: T2slil'sis on December 12, 2005, 02:34:16 AM
I am in! I don't think I could ask for more. Quads, guys and some Captin!!! ;) LOL
I dont know what you are talking about guys for you will be camping with me, your off limits. :P
ahem, I'll try to be there :N
Id@
Hope to see ya there ;)
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on December 17, 2005, 01:15:17 AM
Don't forget L-CROSS EXTREME EVENT'S NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY!!!!!!
Adult's only,, 18yrs. and older only. Gates open Dec 30th at 9:00am and close Jan 1st at dark. All three days only $30.00. Includes camping, live music, all the Red Neck games for cash and prizes. You can ride all day and night if you behave. We have scheduled trail rides that take you all over in the wilderness not just a mud hole! Yes, there will be fire works when the
ball drops and we ring in the New Year!! Don't miss this Extreme Event!!
Thanks,
Patti Pearce
It's not polite to highjack someone else's thread. Exspecially when it's to persuade peeps from one gathering to yours.
Ill be stayin in my Camper out at elite maybe ill stop by fir the night time Activitys ;D
sweet!
T2 or T2's sis: Is there a way one of you two could pm me a cell number or something so I can give you a call when I'm close? Whats the best place to get directions for the scrub? Anyway I can mapquest it? Thanks!
Quote from: Agent on December 18, 2005, 04:13:27 PM
sweet!
T2 or T2's sis: Is there a way one of you two could pm me a cell number or something so I can give you a call when I'm close? Whats the best place to get directions for the scrub? Anyway I can mapquest it? Thanks!
Agent I will send you a pm. ;D
thanks! got it!
Sounds like fun! I will most likely be out there Sat and Sun.
Great!!!!! Do you want to meet up with us or do you have your own thing going on?
When is everyone arriving? I'll probably be there early Saturday morning and stay till Monday. I wonder how packed the camp will be maybe whoever is the first one there can try to save a few spots so we can all camp in the same area..
Me, wife and son are in...but we booked a hotel room nearby. We'll be there late Friday.
Yeah, I will meet up with you all
Quote from: Hollywood on December 20, 2005, 06:55:28 PM
When is everyone arriving? I'll probably be there early Saturday morning and stay till Monday. I wonder how packed the camp will be maybe whoever is the first one there can try to save a few spots so we can all camp in the same area..
I personally think it would be far more fun for us all to camp in the same area.. I am thinking I can head up there friday morning also.. But it would be great if T2 could go up also...
We're also going to stay at the hotel with Gregg T so we'll be there late Friday as well. I don't mind the camping much but being there fore 3 days a nice hot shower will be worth it.
are you guys gonna camp on saturday night?
Hollywood har far is the hotol from the Scrub, and how much is it? I did plan on camping out if I dont camp out I might stay at the hotol. If I dont stay at the hotol, mabe I can swing by and take a shower there, let me know thanks Tony.
Hotel is about 20 min. or so from Scrubb just straight down 40 into Ocala. I believe it is 59 or 69 a night...pm Gregg T he'll know for sure. No problem on the shower man your welcome to it if you want.
Vforcedave is out. Did a high side on Sunday and busted up a couple ribs. Its hard to laugh, sneeze, breath hard or sleep. Im on the IR for a while.
Tony,
The Holiday Inn is about 20-30 minutes from Scrub. It's 89 per night (sorry Steve, special New years eve rates). I'm sure between my room and Hollywood's you can pop in for a warm shower anytime.
Quote from: VForcedave on December 21, 2005, 09:09:32 PM
Vforcedave is out. Did a high side on Sunday and busted up a couple ribs. Its hard to laugh, sneeze, breath hard or sleep. Im on the IR for a while.
sorry to hear that :( get better soon and MERRY CHRISTmas to ya ;)
Quote from: GreggT on December 21, 2005, 10:05:35 PM
Tony,
The Holiday Inn is about 20-30 minutes from Scrub. It's 89 per night (sorry Steve, special New years eve rates). I'm sure between my room and Hollywood's you can pop in for a warm shower anytime.
Thanks GreggT for the offer on the shower, I might take you guys up on the offer.
Quote from: GreggT on December 21, 2005, 10:05:35 PM
It's 89 per night (sorry Steve, special New years eve rates).
Figures! lol Still worth it even if just not to hear any complaining from the better half. ;)
Quote from: T2 on December 21, 2005, 01:07:43 PM
If I dont stay at the hotol, mabe I can swing by and take a shower there, let me know thanks Tony.
Hey Tony I've got your shower down in Okechobee at l-cross! ;) ;D :o
come on tony! Camping is where its at bro!!!
Ant, you thought I was going to stay out there without a shower?! Are you crazy?! :o I mean, I don't mind becoming one with nature and sleeping in a tent, but to not shower. ???
I'll have one available,,,,just don't mind the little camera lens in the corner :-[
Id@
looks like alot more sissies are coming out of the wood work :D thats what im saying! all that dust and no shower :cursing.gif
Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 23, 2005, 02:32:21 PM
I'll have one available,,,,just don't mind the little camera lens in the corner :-[
Id@
don't worry Ida. ill give it a little show;) lol
don't worry, I'll turn it off before you get in,,,,wouldn't want to hurt the equipment ;-)
Id@
wow...
Alright can we please get a head count and see how many people are actually are going to camp at the Scrub.
Because I want to ride and party all day and night ;D, the only problem is I would like to get a shower somewhere, and I think Hollywood has me covered with that.
Alright this is next week so lets start counting and get an update. ;)
Me and the girlfriend are most definately in. And with my fabulous gift to her of a phenominal digital camera, we should have plenty of pictures! I've got the wood cut and ready, and I need to grab some brats and buns and stuff... weather is looking perfect, and I got some new mantle covers for the latern. Its gonna roccccccckkkk!!!!!!! I'm gonna bring a little rum and vodka, and a case of bud light. We should be covered! You guys are camping I hope! I am planning on getting there friday mid day, or late friday night.
I will most likely be there on fri if all goes well.
you guys know where I will be,,,and I'll be getting there probably Thursday.
not like I have anything else to do ;-)
Id@
oils changed! I'm ready! castrol high performance in the tank! I think I am going to have to pm you all my number, because I'm not sure who is gonna get there first..
Still don't have my bike... :'(
ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 23, 2005, 02:32:21 PM
I'll have one available,,,,just don't mind the little camera lens in the corner :-[
Id@
Not at all. I might even pose for ya! ;)
shhhh, don't tell Tony
Id@
No ones changing their mind right? weathers gonna be great! I've got the part I needed to fix my savage, so I'm gonna bring that too!
We're planning on getting there Friday afternoon, but we're gonna go straight to Ida's. Someone let us know what time we can all meet up at Scrub Saturday morning. I think Hollywood and his clan will be coming with us also.
I'm going to try and make this group ride with my family. I just have to see if my kids are over there colds by thursday. I will be heading up their on Friday afternoon with my 32' RV and trailer full of quads. If anyone thats is going to be at scrub camp ground early and could save me a spot that is as close to level as possible that would be cool. Let me know. Might be a hot shower for you. ;)
T2 do a roll call and you can Mod it as the week goes.. ;)
1broken250r is in with the family.... ;)
Tent camping is going to be real cold I think.
yeah I know, I've got lots of blankets!
how long will it take me to get to the campground from the Tampa area?
I've got 5 other guys coming up w/ me so far...
Quote from: Agent on December 27, 2005, 11:15:29 PM
yeah I know, I've got lots of blankets!
how long will it take me to get to the campground from the Tampa area?
2 1/2 hrs
Quote from: 1fast250r on December 27, 2005, 08:45:03 PM
I'm going to try and make this group ride with my family. I just have to see if my kids are over there colds by thursday. I will be heading up their on Friday afternoon with my 32' RV and trailer full of quads. If anyone thats is going to be at scrub camp ground early and could save me a spot that is as close to level as possible that would be cool. Let me know. Might be a hot shower for you. ;)
we will be there on Thurs. with are RV we will try to save you a spot if you like. we have to save on for are friends let me know and I will hold one for ya.
How am I going to recognize everyone when I get up there?
Quote from: Agent on December 28, 2005, 02:01:44 AM
How am I going to recognize everyone when I get up there?
could you try to save some space for me to put up a tent and park near?
that place is gonna be packed so someone will need to save alot of space for everyone else that cant get there till saturday morning.
i think i will have 4 trucks with trailors and 8 quads
myself
my dad
my wife
boots
Lil D 400
big D
THEIR BOSS
their buddy
KEEP IN MIND THAT IF THERE IS NO SPACE LEFT WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY ON THE POWER LINES AND CAMP! they dont allow that.
Quote from: dreth on December 28, 2005, 12:17:01 PM
that place is gonna be packed so someone will need to save alot of space for everyone else that cant get there till saturday morning.
i think i will have 4 trucks with trailors and 8 quads
myself
my dad
my wife
boots
Lil D 400
big D
THEIR BOSS
their buddy
KEEP IN MIND THAT IF THERE IS NO SPACE LEFT WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY ON THE POWER LINES AND CAMP! they dont allow that.
Those that might need extra camping space, talk to me.
and yeah, there are freeze warnings out for the weekend up there,,,,,you guys in tents might be a bit nipply in the morning.
It's my plan to be up there sometime Friday,,,probably morning.
Id@
Quote from: GSXR1000 on December 28, 2005, 01:04:43 AM
Quote from: 1fast250r on December 27, 2005, 08:45:03 PM
I'm going to try and make this group ride with my family. I just have to see if my kids are over there colds by thursday. I will be heading up their on Friday afternoon with my 32' RV and trailer full of quads. If anyone thats is going to be at scrub camp ground early and could save me a spot that is as close to level as possible that would be cool. Let me know. Might be a hot shower for you. ;)
Hopefully everyone can be close togather but that probley wont work but if I make it friday night i will hold as much as possible.
If not lets set up a place to meet Sat mid morning as a group. Out in front of the campground or somthing.
we will be there on Thurs. with are RV we will try to save you a spot if you like. we have to save on for are friends let me know and I will hold one for ya.
Alrighty looks like we will have a good turn out after all. I cant wait till friday now, well it doenst matter anyway we are going to the track on thursday also. 8)
I'm going to bring my T-MaxxRC truck as well, so when I'm not riding I can drive the truck and jump it and not get hurt, thats the best thing about that. ;)
Man I lost count on how many people are going, all I know its alot, so we need spaces and banners the let everyone know we are ATvflorida.com.
Oh I forgot this isn't a group ride this is a camping outing. 8)
Quote from: T2 on December 28, 2005, 04:45:34 PM
Alrighty looks like we will have a good turn out after all. I cant wait till friday now, well it doenst matter anyway we are going to the track on thursday also. 8)
I'm going to bring my T-MaxxRC truck as well, so when I'm not riding I can drive the truck and jump it and not get hurt, thats the best thing about that. ;)
Man I lost count on how many people are going, all I know its alot, so we need spaces and banners the let everyone know we are ATvflorida.com.
Oh I forgot this isn't a group ride this is a camping outing. 8)
Are you sure you want to bring that truck? I thought you broke it. LMAO!!! ;)
Man Tony... I should bring my RC quad and do some jumping w/ you. But then again I won't be staying so I'll want to focus on riding the ATV. Speaking of ATV's... Momma (Wifey) called me at work and told me that my bike is finally done ;). After 2 freaking months they've finally got it right. It's definitely going to be a cold day in hell b/f I take my bike back to them again >:(.
Quote from: Ride1Rob on December 28, 2005, 05:55:47 PM
Man Tony... I should bring my RC quad and do some jumping w/ you. But then again I won't be staying so I'll want to focus on riding the ATV. Speaking of ATV's... Momma (Wifey) called me at work and told me that my bike is finally done ;). After 2 freaking months they've finally got it right. It's definitely going to be a cold day in hell b/f I take my bike back to them again >:(.
At least its done in time to go this weekend. ;) See ya out there. 8)
Quote from: dreth on December 28, 2005, 12:17:01 PM
that place is gonna be packed so someone will need to save alot of space for everyone else that cant get there till saturday morning.
i think i will have 4 trucks with trailors and 8 quads
myself
my dad
my wife
boots
Lil D 400
big D
THEIR BOSS
their buddy
KEEP IN MIND THAT IF THERE IS NO SPACE LEFT WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY ON THE POWER LINES AND CAMP! they dont allow that.
I was out there yesterday and that were cutting down a bunch of trees around the camping area. I asked them why they were cutting down trees, and they said they were making room for atvflorida. j/k
you guys freaking suck! I bought new fuel and a gear for the savage, and as I was starting it, I realized I had stored it with no glow plug, and dust got all in it. I cleaned it and everything so it was spick and span, put it together and blew the one way inside of my brand new picco .27... arrrrghhh. I've had it for a while, but just finished breaking it in. Hopefully I can get a new one, or all I'll have is on road for a while...
Dont you need a membership or pass to get in there. Weve never been to scrub, but would like to chek it out. Any info would be appreciated.
No you dont need anything except for 4.00 a day to camp at the Scrub. Its in the ONF off 573&588 SR's. Just bring your bike and a good attiude. ;D
So if im comin from 40 headin east ill want to turn right on 19 and head south, scrub is on the right or left?? Im thinkin i saw it once before on the left hand side headin north. Am i thinkin of the same area??
allrighty, I'm on and should be arriving around 2pm on Friday,,,ya'll that know me know where I'll be.
Id@
Superstar, the only way I know is 40 west of 19 to FR 588, go south about 7-8 miles and you can't miss it.
Quote from: superstar on December 29, 2005, 05:19:15 PM
So if im comin from 40 headin east ill want to turn right on 19 and head south, scrub is on the right or left?? Im thinkin i saw it once before on the left hand side headin north. Am i thinkin of the same area??
Big Scrub is at the corner of FR 573 and FR 588. There are a few ways of getting there. I attached a map, hopefully it helps.
sorry about that, the file was too big.....
;)I will see all of you guys there... hope u guys have fun!!!! :P
Quote from: superstar on December 29, 2005, 05:19:15 PM
So if im comin from 40 headin east ill want to turn right on 19 and head south, scrub is on the right or left?? Im thinkin i saw it once before on the left hand side headin north. Am i thinkin of the same area??
The campground is located right where roads 573 & 588 meet at the bottom of the map http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/oca%20restrict%202005.pdf
Ok guys, I went to walmart, got all the stuff I need, gotta stop by publix o the way tomorrow and I will have everything.. I even bought this cheap propane stove from wally world for 20 bucks! so we can make some use of that for some scrambled eggs! wooooooooo
I should be there about 12-1 in the afternoon, I will have my black Nissan Xterra, with a small grey with wood floor utility trailer, and a red/white raptor with really loud exhaust. I hope to see you guys soon! I am going to try to find the rv guy with the trailer full of quads and get next to him. If anyone sees me driving around please swing by and let me know where everyone is if i'm not with them! Thanks guys! See you all tomorrow!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
We will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Ocala for Friday and Saturday night. I don't know what time we will be gettin in Friday, but we look forward to seeing everyone there, we will have a white crew cab Chevy with green trailer, 2 Vinsons, and new body White Wolverine.
With a 4 hr ride I hope to get their early enough to find a spot to park. Early meaning some where around 10pm Friday night. ???
Looks like I will be there around 9:00am. White F-150 crew and red King Quad. I'm probably just staying the day so somebody can have my spot when I leave.
I'll be all day saturday!! No camp but there all day riding and enjoying it :) heres the list to look out for..
03' Z400 White Pro-Armor Upgrades
05' 400EX HMF Pipe
06' Suzuki 250
06' Polaris Automatic (No idea which one lol)
03' Z400 Stock
02' Honda 250ex
And i'm pretty sure atleast 2 other quads will be with me and my friends family, lets have a good day of riding guys n gals :)
arrrrrrrrrrrg. i really want to go!!!!!! im not even going to have anything to drink that night ???
I'm gonna be leaving in about 40 minutes...
ill be parking on the powerlines at 9am and riding for the day. then im headed to idamans place for the night and riding his trails on sunday.
Hi, Can newbies go on your group ride? My wife and I will be riding the Big Scrub area this weekend and would like to meet up.
absolutely.
everyone, i'm leaving now, black xterra, grey trailer, red/white raptor.. Please some one stop me and tell me where everyone is! thanks!
Cool! I will look around the campground for some banners or something.
I have a blue Explorer with a Fox embelm in the rear window. Also a sheppard that rides on the back of my wife's rancher. Looking forward to meeting up.
We will have a Rapor 660, Red Bombedier Outlander 4oo, a scrambler 400, a trailboss 330, and a a trailblazer 250, with a white chevy silverado, there will be 3 guys and 2 youngans there, come over and say hey!
im possibly gonna be there saturday could anyone give me directions on how to get there from rodmans dam?
Quote from: bigr692 on December 30, 2005, 06:12:37 PM
im possibly gonna be there saturday could anyone give me directions on how to get there from rodmans dam?
Just head south on 19 past 40 and you'll the the sign for Big Scrubb camp on the right. Once you make the right off of 19 just keep heading down that road till you get to the campground.
I will be leaving here with my crew as soon as I get off work and heading to the hotel to meet up with Gregg. We'll see everyone at Scrubb in the morning around 0830 or so. I'll be in a White GMC 4x4 with Yellow 250EX, Blue Blaster and Black 400ex.
ok thanks hollywood ill be there with a yellow 400 ex a red 250 ex and a green prarie.
I should be up there in the am
Blue silverado with a white enclosed trailer, with a atvflorida bumper sticker on the trailer...
Orange kfx 700
white ltz 250
i should be there around 9 or 10, youll see a white silverado packed down with a crap load of utes and 1 raptor. come and say hi
To all that plan on making the 1st ride in the morning... we'll be leaving out at 10am. So you may want to get there alil earlier than 10 ;)
We just got back home. It was a great weekend. Good as always to ride with the old gang and some new ones. Scrub was packed and those stinking whoops suck. But we had some great rides. Thanks as always to Ida for his hospitality. Steve, tell Candace and Holton it was great to ride with them. And T2'slilsis, let us know you got home safely. See everyone at the next one.
Yes, it was a great weekend. Thanks to everyone. You all are really cool people and special thanks for looking out for lil Stanton. He did pretty good for it being he's 1st ATV ever and only having it for 1 week. It was a great group ride and can't wait for the next one.
I'm home and settled,,,,,fun times had by all.
hey Greg, how was the house when you got back ;-)
Id@
First off thanks to T2 starting the post for this fun ride. Great seeing everyone out there. It was good times. We truly have a large number of riders around here when we all get together. Even if some of us had some not so great moments with some of the forest personel overall they let us ride, said hello, gave us informational handouts and I did not see any tickets given even when they were at times deserved. I think it would do us all much good and help our cause to simply send a short email to the Florida Forests Supervisor Marsha Kearney thanking her for the opportunity to enjoy forest lands. Here is her contact info:
Email: mkearney@fs.fed.us
Address:
Marsha Kearney
Forest Supervisor
325 John Knox Road
Suite F-100
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Phone: (850) 523-8500
Quote from: GreggT on January 01, 2006, 09:53:47 PM
We just got back home. It was a great weekend. Good as always to ride with the old gang and some new ones. Scrub was packed and those stinking whoops suck. But we had some great rides. Thanks as always to Ida for his hospitality. Steve, tell Candace and Holton it was great to ride with them. And T2'slilsis, let us know you got home safely. See everyone at the next one.
Hey, Gregg
Thank you very much for all your help! ;) I hope to meet up with you guys again. I had such a blast. Those flippin' whoops did suck, too. My back has been killin' me for the last 2 days. :( But thats the price you pay to ride. ;) Thanks again!
It was a great time! I hope we can do something like that every month!
Quote from: eric on January 02, 2006, 04:00:22 AM
First off thanks to T2 starting the post for this fun ride. Great seeing everyone out there. It was good times. We truly have a large number of riders around here when we all get together. Even if some of us had some not so great moments with some of the forest personel overall they let us ride, said hello, gave us informational handouts and I did not see any tickets given even when they were at times deserved. I think it would do us all much good and help our cause to simply send a short email to the Florida Forests Supervisor Marsha Kearney thanking her for the opportunity to enjoy forest lands. Here is her contact info:
Address:
Marsha Kearney
Forest Supervisor
325 John Knox Road
Suite F-100
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Phone: (850) 523-8500
Email: mkearney@fs.fed.us
Got a reply back today from the the forest supervisor today. I sent them a letter about a week ago thanking them for being able to use forest lands to ride with friends and family. I also thanked them for the kind rangers I met as some were helpful with directions and very polite. No point in mentioning the mean ones..lol Really tho they appreciate the the compliments as they don't often get them so if you have a moment send Mrs Kearney a letter and let her know she can share it with the forest personel. Trust me compliments will get us further than constant complaints. Besides maybe next time a forest ranger is about to write you a ticket for riding too close to the road he will reflect on all the nice letters he got from atv riders and give you a warning instead?.....lol Anyway here is the reply.
"Thank you for taking the time to send a note concerning your experience on
the Ocala National Forest. We are so very glad to hear that you enjoyed
your time on the Forest and hope to see you again soon. mk"
Marsha Kearney
Forest Supervisor
National Forests in Florida
Suite F-100; 325 John Knox Road
Tallahassee, FL 32303
(850)-523-8549
(850)-523-8504 FAX
mkearney@fs.fed.us