Saturday night I was with a bunch of friends (all on quads) and I was showing off doing wheelies. On my last one I was in 3rd gear, pulled it up rode a couple of feet and felt the quad coming up too high so I let off the throttle but the throttle had stuck and a second later the bike came back hard, hit the grab bar and exhaust, slaming me into the ground on my back. I slid on my back about 8-10 feet watching my bike summersaulting(sp?) through the air. I was wearing my helmet (thank god), t-shirt, sweatshirt, jeans, gloves and boots. I have road rash from about the middle of my shoulder blade all the way down to the top of my thigh, my forearms and my hands. Plus my hip took the brunt of the impact and is pretty sore. My friends confirmed that the throttle had had stuck becuase even after I hit the gound the bike accelerated in a wheelie (on the grab bar) for a few seconds until all h*!! broke loose. My seat ended up off in the ditch on the side of the road, my headlight is pretty much smashed, handlebars tweeked/bent, and grab bar and exhaust are really scratched up. That's all I know of right now. (It was dark) As for the acceleration sticking I dont know what to think because the bike rode fine afterwards(???). Hear is a picture of my back. It looks a lot better in the picture than in person. For some reason the camera didn't pic up a lot of the bruising and smaller scratches.
I've been there before.... Make sure to keep a dressing on it that is moist, it won't leave such a scar
Wow, that sucks but hey its riding. Good going with the helmet! Should have slamed the back brakes HARD! Maybe not enough time though. Hope you recover well.
Quote from: Eworm on October 04, 2005, 08:32:49 PM
Wow, that sucks but hey its riding. Good going with the helmet! Should have slamed the back brakes HARD! Maybe not enough time though. Hope you recover well.
Yeah afterwards I was thinking that I should have pulled in the clutch and hit the back brakes but by the time I relaized what was going on it was too late! Oh well! I have had my quad for about a year and half and this is the first real painful accident. I think thats pretty good considering the way I ride.
OUCH!!!!!
I hate when I get road rash!! I feel your pain :'(
I know you raced so I know you have one....WHERE WAS THE KILL SWITCH???
(and you were worried abou getting hurt at the track :P )
:-*
Look at the brighter side of things, at least your tatoo is intact! I just finished recovering from a broken colar bone @ Seminole. I really don't know what pissed me of more, the pain or looking at what was left of my bike. Fixed everything now but it really hurts the pocket. Good Luck and I hope you ride ASAP!
Quote from: grsricky on October 04, 2005, 09:50:24 PM
Look at the brighter side of things, at least your tatoo is intact!
Yeah I was definetly happy about that. I was asking all of my friends if my tattoo was ok before even seeing or asking about my quad! I really thought my bike was going to be a lot worse than it was. I will get pictures up of the damage of the bike asap.
Sorry to hear about the bike, but glad to see that you were ok.
Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on October 04, 2005, 09:13:00 PM
I know you raced so I know you have one....WHERE WAS THE KILL SWITCH???
It wrapped around my handlebars like usual :-[ but I definetly had it hooked to me the rest of the night.
My daughter has bigger scrapes on her legs from falling off her scooter! ;D
Hope you feel better.
OUCH !! sorry to hear about that
Sorry to here that glad all is ok :ThumbsUp.gif
Sorry to hear about the wounds to both you and the bike. Hope that doesn't change your racing season.
and hows the quad?
man that sucks. glad your ok.
ouch i did that on my honda when i first got the new carb on it.. man it hurts i dont knwo which was more painful falling or watcing the quad flip .... remeber
ITS NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS... ITS THE SUDDEN IMPACT
If you think falling from the 4 wheeler hurt then don't try it on the 1000 because that hurts alot more.
I hate it when that happens
Yeah the wheelies wont be happening on the street bike. (Or atleast not for a couple of months ;) :P )
was it on you yfz or z. Hope you feel better
Glad your ok.
hehe i always sad i wouldnt do them on my r6 but that was short lived the rush is just great haha..
Chicks and wheelies just dont add up :dunno.gif :dunno.gif
Quote from: RAP04 on November 17, 2005, 05:23:31 PM
Chicks and wheelies just dont add up :dunno.gif :dunno.gif
Wow it is becoming pretty obvious you dont have anything better to do than bash other people. Get a life or just keep your mouth shut.
Ill keep my mouth shut if you learn how to keep your back off of the floor while you are trying to wheelie and show off.
Quote from: RAP04 on November 17, 2005, 05:23:31 PM
Chicks and wheelies just dont add up :dunno.gif :dunno.gif
dude what are you smoking chicks rideing weelies is hot i dunno mayby its me but i think it is anyways. :N. any girl rideing peiod is hot in my opinion.
plus she could out weelie you any day heck id even put money on it :o :o
Quote from: MxRacingChick21 on November 17, 2005, 09:45:15 PM
Quote from: RAP04 on November 17, 2005, 05:23:31 PM
Chicks and wheelies just dont add up :dunno.gif :dunno.gif
Wow it is becoming pretty obvious you dont have anything better to do than bash other people. Get a life or just keep your mouth shut.
i think he likes you............ ;)
Put your money where your mouth is... I used to ride wth some boys from the Zoo crew so trust me I can school just about all of you on street bikes or 4-wheelers..
Shiet, I used to pull 100 foot stopies on my 1000
hmm so your saying you are insecrue then cuz you use to have a street bike ..... seems like you just contridicted your self. from you post on her other thread
Quote from: RAP04 on November 18, 2005, 04:39:43 PM
Put your money where your mouth is... I used to ride wth some boys from the Zoo crew so trust me I can school just about all of you on street bikes or 4-wheelers..
Shiet, I used to pull 100 foot stopies on my 1000
I don't nkow about this one buddy !!!!!!!!!! I don't think that your school is experienced enough for me.
Quote from: RAP04 on November 18, 2005, 04:39:43 PM
Put your money where your mouth is... I used to ride wth some boys from the Zoo crew so trust me I can school just about all of you on street bikes or 4-wheelers..
Shiet, I used to pull 100 foot stopies on my 1000
bring it on out buddy ill take that challenege i got 100 bill that ill school ya on the quad..
hell i got 500 that my 14 yr old neibor will school ya on his 300
One time, I spent $1500.00 at Mons Venus. It was awesome.
hehe you better of got some special treatment with that amount
I guess because Iam not a guy I wouldn't understand but I would have to get some real "special" treatment to be spending that much.
haha
Save your cash, internet betting never works out..... 1500.00 damnn.... Must have been one happy ass ending
I know i had a bad case of road rash before but
[IT DON'T HURT TILL THE BONE SHOWS]
'chicks and wheelies don't mix'?
I think chicks mix just fine. I can hear me now:
"Sorry honey, I would like to go out with you ...but you just
nailed a wheelie."
(I am sure the guys wouldn't razz me too much for that?)
Chuck
<----- keeps tripping over the leg humpers while walking through this thread.
Mxchick- hope everything heels so you can get your arse back on the quad.
Anoriginal- 1500$? huh? ;) I thought I recongized you when I was there. Hats off to ya. ;D -Mark