Wheelie+Throttle sticking=Road Rash!

Started by MxRacingChick21, October 04, 2005, 08:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacingChick21

Saturday night I was with a bunch of friends (all on quads) and I was showing off doing wheelies. On my last one I was in 3rd gear, pulled it up rode a couple of feet and felt the quad coming up too high so I let off the throttle but the throttle had stuck and a second later the bike came back hard, hit the grab bar and exhaust, slaming me into the ground on my back. I slid on my back about 8-10 feet watching my bike summersaulting(sp?) through the air. I was wearing my helmet (thank god), t-shirt, sweatshirt, jeans, gloves and boots. I have road rash from about the middle of my shoulder blade all the way down to the top of my thigh, my forearms and my hands. Plus my hip took the brunt of the impact and is pretty sore.  My friends confirmed that the throttle had had stuck becuase even after I hit the gound the bike accelerated in a wheelie (on the grab bar) for a few seconds until all h*!! broke loose. My seat ended up off in the ditch on the side of the road, my headlight is pretty much smashed, handlebars tweeked/bent, and grab bar and exhaust are really scratched up. That's all I know of right now. (It was dark) As for the acceleration sticking I dont know what to think because the bike rode fine afterwards(???). Hear is a picture of my back. It looks a lot better in the picture than in person. For some reason the camera didn't pic up a lot of the bruising and smaller scratches.
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

FORD4X4GIRL

I've been there before.... Make sure to keep a dressing on it that is moist, it won't leave such a scar
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

Eworm

Wow, that sucks but hey its riding. Good going with the helmet! Should have slamed the back brakes HARD! Maybe not enough time though. Hope you recover well.

MxRacingChick21

Quote from: Eworm on October 04, 2005, 08:32:49 PM
Wow, that sucks but hey its riding. Good going with the helmet! Should have slamed the back brakes HARD! Maybe not enough time though. Hope you recover well.

Yeah afterwards I was thinking that I should have pulled in the clutch and hit the back brakes but by the time I relaized what was going on it was too late! Oh well! I have had my quad for about a year and half and this is the first real painful accident. I think thats pretty good considering the way I ride.
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

Mrs.Nightbreed

OUCH!!!!!

I hate when I get road rash!! I feel your pain  :'(

I know you raced so I know you have one....WHERE WAS THE KILL SWITCH???


(and you were worried abou getting hurt at the track :P )

:-*

grsricky

Look at the brighter side of things, at least your tatoo is intact! I just finished recovering from a broken colar bone @ Seminole. I really don't know what pissed me of more, the pain or looking at what was left of my bike. Fixed everything now but it really hurts the pocket. Good Luck and I hope you ride ASAP!
2005 Raptor 660r AC nerf; full UM skids; pro aluminum rear bumper; White Bros.; Pro design proflow kit
Yamaha follow no one!
'98 Mazda P/U somethings gotta carry my Quad
'03 Porche 911 Carrera 4S

MxRacingChick21

Quote from: grsricky on October 04, 2005, 09:50:24 PM
Look at the brighter side of things, at least your tatoo is intact!

Yeah I was definetly happy about that. I was asking all of my friends if my tattoo was ok before even seeing or asking about my quad! I really thought my bike was going to be a lot worse than it was. I will get pictures up of the damage of the bike asap. 
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

SSRancher

Sorry to hear about the bike, but glad to see that you were ok.
03' Rancher with lift, 26" vamps, clutch kit, jet kit,  warn un-locker, ramsey 2500lb, front spool locker, k&n filter, conferderate flag
98' Chevy S-10 4x4

MxRacingChick21

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on October 04, 2005, 09:13:00 PM
I know you raced so I know you have one....WHERE WAS THE KILL SWITCH???

It wrapped around my handlebars like usual  :-[ but I definetly had it hooked to me the rest of the night.
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

wilburz

My daughter has bigger scrapes on her legs from falling off her scooter! ;D

Hope you feel better.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Chuck_Norris


BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

qt314nfla

Sorry to hear about the wounds to both you and the bike.  Hope that doesn't change your racing season.

team_quad_green

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80

gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

L.E._YFZ_2005

ouch i did that on my honda  when i  first got the new carb on it.. man it hurts i dont knwo which was more painful    falling or watcing the quad flip .... remeber 


ITS NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS... ITS THE SUDDEN IMPACT
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

LE450-RACER#77

If you think falling from the 4 wheeler hurt then don't try it on the 1000 because that hurts alot more.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

MxRacingChick21

Yeah the wheelies wont be happening on the street bike. (Or atleast not for a couple of months  ;)   :P )
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

Roostin300ex

was it on you yfz or z.  Hope you feel better
1997 Honda 300 Ex...some mods...FOR SALE
1993 KX-125 pro circuit exhaust, renthal bars, khlein carb, flywheel, excel rims, powdercoated rims and forks, moose bar guards, ceet, oh yea a spare engine!

2006YFZ450

'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

L.E._YFZ_2005

hehe  i always sad i wouldnt do them on my  r6 but that was short lived the rush is just  great haha..
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

MxRacingChick21

02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

RAP04


MxRacingChick21

Quote from: RAP04 on November 17, 2005, 05:23:31 PM
Chicks and wheelies just dont add up :dunno.gif :dunno.gif

Wow it is becoming pretty obvious you dont have anything better to do than bash other people. Get a life or just keep your mouth shut.
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400