ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: ohioatvdad on September 14, 2012, 06:43:27 PM

Title: 2002 Polaris Predator problems
Post by: ohioatvdad on September 14, 2012, 06:43:27 PM
I have an 02 Predator that I recently replaced the stator in because of no spark. Have spark now and fuel on the spark plug but it will not fire at all. Need help please.
Title: Re: 2002 Polaris Predator problems
Post by: ohioatvdad on September 14, 2012, 06:47:03 PM
It is a 90cc
Title: Re: 2002 Polaris Predator problems
Post by: greenmachine on September 14, 2012, 09:18:29 PM
sounds like a compression issue to me. Check compression should be at least 120. I would bet you need rings or crank seals.
spray a little starting fluid in the carb throat and see if it will fire. If not I bet compression is the issue. Next step is a leakdown test.
Title: Re: 2002 Polaris Predator problems
Post by: Keeter on December 21, 2012, 03:39:11 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on September 14, 2012, 09:18:29 PM
sounds like a compression issue to me. Check compression should be at least 120. I would bet you need rings or crank seals.
spray a little starting fluid in the carb throat and see if it will fire. If not I bet compression is the issue. Next step is a leakdown test.
I agree I had the same issue with a Polaris 400L Spark but not fire.  Compression was crap.  But try the starter fluid idea anyways. Best way to know for sure if it is a fuel delivery issue or compression.