2002 Polaris Predator problems

Started by ohioatvdad, September 14, 2012, 06:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohioatvdad

I have an 02 Predator that I recently replaced the stator in because of no spark. Have spark now and fuel on the spark plug but it will not fire at all. Need help please.


greenmachine

sounds like a compression issue to me. Check compression should be at least 120. I would bet you need rings or crank seals.
spray a little starting fluid in the carb throat and see if it will fire. If not I bet compression is the issue. Next step is a leakdown test.

Keeter

Quote from: greenmachine on September 14, 2012, 09:18:29 PM
sounds like a compression issue to me. Check compression should be at least 120. I would bet you need rings or crank seals.
spray a little starting fluid in the carb throat and see if it will fire. If not I bet compression is the issue. Next step is a leakdown test.
I agree I had the same issue with a Polaris 400L Spark but not fire.  Compression was crap.  But try the starter fluid idea anyways. Best way to know for sure if it is a fuel delivery issue or compression.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR