ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: raptor426 on June 14, 2005, 03:13:39 PM

Title: I got screwed
Post by: raptor426 on June 14, 2005, 03:13:39 PM
I was so happy when I got my 2005 Raptor 660r, now I that I got it, Yamaha decides to come out with the new Raptor 700r.  I cant believe it.  I wish they would have come out with the 700 last year.
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: SkyHighT100 on June 14, 2005, 03:15:09 PM
You can always sell yours and buy the new one... I'm sure there will be a ton of people doing that.
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: raptor426 on June 14, 2005, 03:16:17 PM
I think I will just stick with what I have.
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: YFZ450AndyH on June 14, 2005, 04:03:20 PM
Just do a little work to it and you will be able to spank the 700. 
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: PureLogic on June 14, 2005, 09:03:49 PM
I have always wished I had the latest and badest. But I have found out over the years that the Latest and badest Is always getting pulled out by Older and cooler.   ;)
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: CAOSPOP on June 15, 2005, 08:21:33 AM
And its prob. lighter too. I went to get in trouble the other day and saw the new GSXR 1000. Man What a monster. It is lighter than the 750 and faster than the 2003 GSXR 1000.
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: cain73 on June 15, 2005, 08:50:09 AM
They definitely went in the right direction with the upgrades
new :                                         old:
fuel injected 44mm carb             carb  33mm

revs to 9K                                  ???
rear shock 10.1                         8.7 travel
396                                          398 dry weight
LxWxH
72.6 x 46.1 x 44.5                  72 x 43.3 x 45.3
seat height 32                            33.9
wheelbase 50.4                          49

lower, faster, better suspension but comes with an $800 price increase from 6199 to 6999
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: raptor426 on June 15, 2005, 02:20:29 PM
Quote from: cain73 on June 15, 2005, 08:50:09 AM
They definitely went in the right direction with the upgrades
new :                                         old:
fuel injected 44mm carb             carb  33mm

revs to 9K                                  ???
rear shock 10.1                         8.7 travel
396                                          398 dry weight
LxWxH
72.6 x 46.1 x 44.5                  72 x 43.3 x 45.3
seat height 32                            33.9
wheelbase 50.4                          49

lower, faster, better suspension but comes with an $800 price increase from 6199 to 6999

The old reved to 8k
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: Bigscrb15 on June 15, 2005, 03:03:58 PM
Quote from: cain73 on June 15, 2005, 08:50:09 AM
They definitely went in the right direction with the upgrades
new :                                        fuel injected 44mm carb         ...................

I didn't know you could have a fuel injected carb. I thought it was 1 or the other
Title: Re: I got screwed
Post by: cain73 on June 15, 2005, 05:30:10 PM
Says fuel injected but has carb size. Maybe fuel injected into a throttle body like they did on boats and called it fuel injected with the "carb size referring to the throttle body ?