Can anybody tell me how big the place is, the type of riding there and are there a lot of trails? The website goes more into events than the property conditions. Looks like a fun place so I'd like to get more info.
Property is divided into 3 sections. Mud, MX and trails.
Total property is around 900 acres.
Trails are around 6 - 10 miles.
MX Track is about 1 mile.
Mud section is close to 600 acres.
Hope this helps
we are going l-cross tomorrow your welcome to join us leaving loxahatchee about 630-700 am
Quote from: Turboderf on September 28, 2008, 12:58:04 AM
we are going l-cross tomorrow your welcome to join us leaving loxahatchee about 630-700 am
Thanks for the offer but I can't. My buddy is supposed to race at L-Cross on the 11th so I figured I'd go with him and just cruise the mud or trails while he's racing.
Whats the best way to L-Cross? I live at Northlake and Seminole Pratt, I was thinking 710 to 441 in Okeechobee but some say to go out Belle Glade to 27
It's about the same either way. If i leave from my house, I live at Cocnut & Temple, I go 710 to 441. If I pick up Turboderf on the way, he lives at Sycamore and Manderin, we go Southern to the Whoop rode, that goes through Canal Point. I don't know the name of it. Maybe Turboderf will chime in with the answer.
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 28, 2008, 01:34:56 AM
It's about the same either way. If i leave from my house, I live at Cocnut & Temple, I go 710 to 441. If I pick up Turboderf on the way, he lives at Sycamore and Manderin, we go Southern to the Whoop rode, that goes through Canal Point. I don't know the name of it. Maybe Turboderf will chime in with the answer.
Thats Hwy 98
Thanks for all the input and offers, does anybody know if L-Cross will allow people to ride other areas of the park while there is a race going on? My neighbor is running some race on Oct 11th and I was wondering if I could ride other areas of the park while he's racing.
Quote from: Justardnck on September 28, 2008, 12:18:09 PM
Thanks for all the input and offers, does anybody know if L-Cross will allow people to ride other areas of the park while there is a race going on? My neighbor is running some race on Oct 11th and I was wondering if I could ride other areas of the park while he's racing.
Yes you can ride in the front where the mudding is. I'm not positive but I think the MX track will be closed.
What race is that? Anyone know anything about the race?
Round 2 of SSQSA XC
Thanks
Quote from: LostCause on September 29, 2008, 12:41:16 AM
Round 2 of SSQSA XC
whooot!!! cant wait....2 more weeks and we RACIN AGAIN!!!! ;D
hows the course shaping up Brett??
Yes, you are welcome to come in on Friday and stay the whole weekend the race will be going on Saturday, so no, you will not be able to ride the trails or MX track on Saturday but you can ride both of them on Sunday. You must have full safety gear to ride the track or trails. We do not require safety gear for the mud or just playing in the park.
Quote from: LostCause on September 29, 2008, 12:41:16 AM
Round 2 of SSQSA XC
WHOO HOO we will there friday afternoon cant wait
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 03, 2008, 03:18:35 AM
Yes, you are welcome to come in on Friday and stay the whole weekend the race will be going on Saturday, so no, you will not be able to ride the trails or MX track on Saturday but you can ride both of them on Sunday. You must have full safety gear to ride the track or trails. We do not require safety gear for the mud or just playing in the park.
This is a very stupid question but I don't ride sport bikes so other than a helmet what safety gear constitutes "full" safety gear?
Helmet, boots, shirt, pants, chest protector and gloves. I think that's all.
That gear is required on the MX track and hare scramble trails only. You can ride all over the park with out gear as well as the mud holes.
you really need chest protecter for hair scramble trail;s
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 03, 2008, 10:27:54 PM
Helmet, boots, shirt, pants, chest protector and gloves. I think that's all.
That gear is required on the MX track and hare scramble trails only. You can ride all over the park with out gear as well as the mud holes.
Goggles
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 03, 2008, 10:27:54 PM
Helmet, boots, shirt, pants, chest protector and gloves. I think that's all.
That gear is required on the MX track and hare scramble trails only. You can ride all over the park with out gear as well as the mud holes.
The hare scramble trails.... I assume because you need the gear they will be rough for a lumbering 4x4 bike?
This is going to sound awful but is the mud area a decent size? Do you have to dodge cow chips to get around? I'm not gonna mention names but one place I've ridden say they have 400 acres but there is no way they're letting you ride on the whole 400... maybe 100 acres and you have to navigate around all the cow chips and dead cows. For me that place was boring, disgusting and no fun at all.
i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there. were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.
Quote from: laxhotrods on October 09, 2008, 09:26:23 PM
i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there. were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.
What race you talking about?
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 10, 2008, 01:29:20 AM
Quote from: laxhotrods on October 09, 2008, 09:26:23 PM
i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there. were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.
What race you talking about?
There is a race this weekend, it's the completion of another race I think. My neighbor and his cousin are racing in it which is why I was going to go. I'm not gonna now though because I don't have all that gear these guys say I need and the owners of L-Cross didn't answer my questions about the mud areas and I fear the mud areas are too small to entertain me for an entire day.
Quote from: Justardnck on October 10, 2008, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 10, 2008, 01:29:20 AM
Quote from: laxhotrods on October 09, 2008, 09:26:23 PM
i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there. were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.
What race you talking about?
There is a race this weekend, it's the completion of another race I think. My neighbor and his cousin are racing in it which is why I was going to go. I'm not gonna now though because I don't have all that gear these guys say I need and the owners of L-Cross didn't answer my questions about the mud areas and I fear the mud areas are too small to entertain me for an entire day.
Come on out you will have fun.
Don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you being kind of picky for someone that has nowhere to ride close to home?
I have places to ride it was that L cross sucks for the price and there is nobody there the mud is small
its a good place for sport bikes
Sorry you had such a bad time. The band cancelled to do the rain. Yes, there was a small amount of people there compared to our usual Adult weekends but this is the 1st event we had on this date. We have been having Adult weekends 6 times a year. We were asked to have them every month. This happened to be the first one of the every month ones we have tried. People have been coming for 4 years on the scheduled dates so alot of them did not know about this event with out checking our web site. The economy is also playing a part in attendance every where, even Walmart has been effected. As for me not answereing questions there is not a need to when some one has already answered them. We have a 1,200 acre park at least 3X's larger than any other mud event that I know of. We also leave the park to do a 25 mile trail ride. You do not have to have gear to ride in the park or play in the mud or the 25 mile trail ride. You just need gear to ride the MX track and the Hare Scramble trails. The trails are tight. Any one who would even attempt to ride any track or trail like this with out gear would be foolish. We will be having another Adult weekend October 31st- Nov. 2nd and will have a much bigger crowd. We will give FREE passes to all contestants that compete in the Costume contest as well as the Wet-T-Shirt contest. The event is $40.00 for a weekend pass or a one day pass is available now on Sunday's only for $20.00. Again, sorry you had a bad time, hope you will give L-Cross another chance.
Mark & Patti Pearce
Owner's L-Cross Extreme Events
If you would like to visit our web site www.l-cross.com
Quote from: laxhotrods on October 10, 2008, 05:41:54 PM
I have places to ride it was that L cross sucks for the price and there is nobody there the mud is small
its a good place for sport bikes
L-CROSS is a good time. If you want more people to be there then bring a group LOL.
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 10, 2008, 12:08:15 PM
Quote from: Justardnck on October 10, 2008, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 10, 2008, 01:29:20 AM
Quote from: laxhotrods on October 09, 2008, 09:26:23 PM
i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there. were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.
What race you talking about?
There is a race this weekend, it's the completion of another race I think. My neighbor and his cousin are racing in it which is why I was going to go. I'm not gonna now though because I don't have all that gear these guys say I need and the owners of L-Cross didn't answer my questions about the mud areas and I fear the mud areas are too small to entertain me for an entire day.
Come on out you will have fun.
Don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you being kind of picky for someone that has nowhere to ride close to home?
Well picky might not be the right choice of words. My considerations are this... cost of fuel, cost of admission and lack of information causing an uncertainty if I'll like it. If it's an hour drive (and I'm sure it is) I know where I can go that's about 1.5 hour drive that rocks! I'd love to try new places but my neighbor and I have tried to get answers out of L-Cross for over a week and still don't have them. He was about to cancel his race there because he can't get info out of them. If your sole business is a riding park why don't they answer the people who are asking questions about riding there? If I'm limited to the mud area I'd like to know how big it is before I drag my rig there, answers like "It's big!" or "You'll like it!" are not gonna cut it because I've been sold those BS phrases before at Plant Cow-chip. It really amazes me what people call riding these days, people must have forgot what it was like to ride The Towers or Okeechobee Woods.
The whole park is pretty big. The mud is how you look at it. They seem to pump allot more water in for the Adult events then the Family events or the monthly Adult events. The Adult events held every other month are pretty packed and a whole sh*t load of fun. The Labor Day event must have been the muddiest one yet, even the back road in the camp area was full of mud and ruts. This was the first weekend they opened for the new monthly Adult event, which is why nobody was there.... because nobody knows about it yet. Even when the word is out, it will probably not be as busy as the semi monthly Adult event.
These pics are from Labor Day.
(http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/fltruck/L-Cross%20Labor%20Day%2008/13.jpg)
(http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/fltruck/L-Cross%20Labor%20Day%2008/14.jpg)
(http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/fltruck/L-Cross%20Labor%20Day%2008/15.jpg)
(http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/fltruck/L-Cross%20Labor%20Day%2008/16.jpg)
(http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/fltruck/L-Cross%20Labor%20Day%2008/26.jpg)
(http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/fltruck/L-Cross%20Labor%20Day%2008/4.jpg)
(http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/fltruck/L-Cross%20Labor%20Day%2008/9-3-2008-4.jpg)
(http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/fltruck/L-Cross%20Labor%20Day%2008/9-3-2008-26.jpg)
I'd like to know the friend that was going to cancel his race here. Just hosted a great race the past 2 days for the SSQSA round 2.This is the second year we have been hosting races for them and they cut a great 8 mile track. Every one had a great time and they will be back in March. Any organization who we have hosted races for has always come back!!! As for L-Cross being our SOLE business, THANK GOD it's not. The park is 1,200 acres in the middle of 13,000
acres that we have a commercial beef operation on that has been family owned and operated since the 1800's. We also have a domestic livestock auction barn as well as the only exotic animal auction in the state of Florida. I am the vice chair for the glades county school board. The care taker for my husbands soon to be 100 year old aunt that lives with us. The mother of 4 the grand mother of 8 shall I go on??? Evidently you never visited the web site or made a call to the contact #or emailed me personaly. So, don't write foolish things about something we take very seriously. >:(
The majority of people do not think that your bashing of L-Cross is helping matters. If it's not for you, stay away. Those folks provide a place to have fun and, in return, they get your careless criticism and constant attention from regulators who could give a rat's arse if you've any place to ride.
Quote from: AintSkeered on October 12, 2008, 01:08:45 PM
The majority of people do not think that your bashing of L-Cross is helping matters. If it's not for you, stay away. Those folks provide a place to have fun and, in return, they get your careless criticism and constant attention from regulators who could give a rat's arse if you've any place to ride.
I hope your not talking about me bashing L-Cross because I'm not bashing L-cross. My friend and I were trying to get answers, I tried here and didn't get all of the answers we were looking for and my friend called L-cross several times and never got the calls back that they said they would do. In the end I didn't go because of the lack of answers to my questions, my friend did however go and he said he had a good time and he told me I would more than likely have a good time too. He said the place was bigger than he thought and had some titer totter or something that he wants to mess with next time. I just wish L-cross would have answered the questions sooner and I might have gone. I personally prefer trails with a little mud and as it turns out if I wasn't in the race I would have been limited to just the mud area. He told me the trails were pretty good though so I will give them a shot in the future.
The only bashing I did was against a different place to ride and those were clearly words of truth, as it turns out a lot of people have the same opinion as I do. As far as L-Cross, communication is the heartbeat of any business so when customers ask questions the answers need to be relatively quick and precise, we tried to get answers for close to 2 weeks between phone and this site and still didn't have them the morning of the race that my friend was in. He finally got the answers the hard way, showing up on site. He mentioned there were a lot of issues with the race and the way people were recorded in the finish but he said there was some equipment malfunction and he said these races are really just for fun anyway so he said no harm no foul.
As a result he said L-Cross was a decent place to ride.
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 12, 2008, 12:35:29 AM
I'd like to know the friend that was going to cancel his race here. Just hosted a great race the past 2 days for the SSQSA round 2.This is the second year we have been hosting races for them and they cut a great 8 mile track. Every one had a great time and they will be back in March. Any organization who we have hosted races for has always come back!!! As for L-Cross being our SOLE business, THANK GOD it's not. The park is 1,200 acres in the middle of 13,000
acres that we have a commercial beef operation on that has been family owned and operated since the 1800's. We also have a domestic livestock auction barn as well as the only exotic animal auction in the state of Florida. I am the vice chair for the glades county school board. The care taker for my husbands soon to be 100 year old aunt that lives with us. The mother of 4 the grand mother of 8 shall I go on??? Evidently you never visited the web site or made a call to the contact #or emailed me personaly. So, don't write foolish things about something we take very seriously. >:(
I did visit your site many times, not much info regarding the information I asked here on this site. You are right though I should not have assumed it was your sole business, I apologize for that. The issue still remains that the questions never got answered until he showed up in person, he didn't mind because he was in the race. I was not in the race so it was not worth the gamble to me. Maybe I should have emailed you in person but He had calls into you guys and he said he still didn't know what was happening so why would an email be any different. In the end it boils down to a communications issue, I can understand that you probably have a lot on your plate being a mother of 8 but I wouldn't think that should be an issue when it comes to business.
L-cross just hosted the race. Why didn't he get the info he wanted from the producer (ssqsa). If I did not answer I'm sorry, but I just went through every correspondence I have received in the past 3 weeks and do not see anything that pertains to the race I did not answer.
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 13, 2008, 01:45:19 AM
L-cross just hosted the race. Why didn't he get the info he wanted from the producer (ssqsa). If I did not answer I'm sorry, but I just went through every correspondence I have received in the past 3 weeks and do not see anything that pertains to the race I did not answer.
His questions pertained to spending the night there before the race, bringing friends with bikes that were not in the race, he also wanted to know if he had to pay admission to the park while he was racing. It's not he end of the world but we had questions and couldn't get much for answers. In this post a couple of the questions got answered but not all of them. I don't know if he tried to get the answers to his questions from (SSQSA) I only know that he called you guys
Is full gear needed to ride the trails when not racing? I know you need the gear if you're racing but what if you're not racing and just cruising the trails. My friend told me your trail system is pretty nice.
Quote from: Justardnck on October 13, 2008, 02:12:38 PM
Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 13, 2008, 01:45:19 AM
L-cross just hosted the race. Why didn't he get the info he wanted from the producer (ssqsa). If I did not answer I'm sorry, but I just went through every correspondence I have received in the past 3 weeks and do not see anything that pertains to the race I did not answer.
His questions pertained to spending the night there before the race, bringing friends with bikes that were not in the race, he also wanted to know if he had to pay admission to the park while he was racing. It's not he end of the world but we had questions and couldn't get much for answers. In this post a couple of the questions got answered but not all of them. I don't know if he tried to get the answers to his questions from (SSQSA) I only know that he called you guys
Is full gear needed to ride the trails when not racing? I know you need the gear if you're racing but what if you're not racing and just cruising the trails. My friend told me your trail system is pretty nice.
you don't need any equipment to ride the mudholes and trails.......but I would suggest a functional ATV :)
u do need ur gear to ride the trails and motocross track
Quote from: fsterthanmydad92 on October 13, 2008, 07:45:56 PM
u do need ur gear to ride the trails and motocross track
didnt say anything about the motocross track.....of course you need your equipment for that.....as far as trails go, which trails are you talking about ?
You don't need any equipment to go on the 20-mile trail ride....and you don't need equipment to ride in the mud pits
u need ur gear to ride on the only trails l-cross has
On the other side of the gate that is North of the MX track is a Hare Scramble track. You need full gear to go back there and ride. It isn't a parade style slow trail ride. It is a ride as fast as you want by yourself ride.
helamt boots gloves and googles good enough i dont got chest protector
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 13, 2008, 09:59:20 PM
On the other side of the gate that is North of the MX track is a Hare Scramble track. You need full gear to go back there and ride. It isn't a parade style slow trail ride. It is a ride as fast as you want by yourself ride.
I can do a clean 39mph on mine if I don't eat breakfast and I have a stiff wind behind me 2:L
Quote from: 4x4Matt on October 13, 2008, 10:52:10 PM
helamt boots gloves and googles good enough i dont got chest protector
I would think so, but that's u to Mark and Patti, not me.
ten four i will check with them they are really good people just gotta wait for it to be dry i dont run my bike through mud and water like i seen in the pics it stays on pavment or sand
With that new intake I can understand.
If you go in on sunday for the mx track and trails can you also ride the whole park?
the new intake and stuff came out really good i am happy with it its got alot more power through all the gears
Yes, the whole park is now open every Sunday excluding Adult events. You may ride MX track, Hare scramble trails and play in the mud 8am-5pm for $20.00. Children under 12 are $5.00.
do u know if mark is going to keep wat me mowed for the race this past weekend mowed because after a couple months the grass is so tall u dont know where the track goes
Quote from: fsterthanmydad92 on October 13, 2008, 08:59:06 PM
u need ur gear to ride on the only trails l-cross has
i have a utility bike and the only trails I know of is the guided trail ride.....and you dont need equipment for that......if there is some other trail system for sport bikes then so be it......not my concern
You are right, there are 2 sets of trails. One is the guided trail for 25 miles. No gear necessary for that one. However, the fast hare scramble trails are where you have to have full gear. This is only open to sport racing quads and dirt bikes. The guided trail is only on Saturday morning of event weekends.
Quote from: fsterthanmydad92 on October 14, 2008, 01:50:51 AM
do u know if mark is going to keep wat me mowed for the race this past weekend mowed because after a couple months the grass is so tall u dont know where the track goes
I think it will stay cut in.
I think it will stay cut in as well. Also, it is going to be colder weather soon and the grass does not grow as much in the winter.
I can't wait for next weekend!!
Are you allowed to go on the guided 20mile trail by yourself and its only open on Saturday?? and can you cruise around at night?
Steve
You can't go on the 20-mile ride by yourself......and yes you can cruise around at night
why is it guided? To make sure no one veers off the trail?? And is it mudholes along the way or is it high and dry??
Whats the camping area like? Kinda like bamboo? Never been to L-cross yet, but have heard nothing but good things about it, so I'm stoked!
So who all is going?
It is guided because we leave the park and go 25 miles to the old river and back. Yes, it is high and dry however, there are places to play in the mud if you wish. Camping is open camping. First come first serve. You can camp close to the mud hole or go in the back away from it. There are clean portalets and warm showers. All of the entertainment for the Halloween bash is Saturday night. We have Nashville recording artist Tom Jackson, Cheetah Club Exotic dancers and Halloween costume contest.
Ladies coming in Friday the 31st before 5pm get in for half price. Also don't forget your costumes everyone dressing up and competing for the best costume gets a free pass to come back another time!!! Hope to see you there. This is an adult only event you must be at least 18 years old to attend.
We are going to have the best weather ever for this weekends event! Yeah!!!
Hey Patricia are you guys directly off 78?? Is it hard to miss? Any land marks to look for??
First time coming out and don't want to be lost.lol
and do you have firewood available out there, or should we bring our own?
Yes, we are directly off 78. If you are coming from 27 we are 22.5 miles on the left. If you are coming from 441 we are 12 miles on the right. There are some signs in the trees on the North side of the Highway starting 1 mile prior to the park in both directions. The is fire wood all over the property for camp fires. There is a vendor that is supposed to be bringing oak wood for sale you can use to cook on.
Just left the park and it is EXTREME!!!
PATRICIA COULD YOU TELL ME IF I CAN RIDE TRAILS AND TRACK ON ADULT WEEKENDS. SAT OR SUN? ARE YOU GETTING CRUSHED WITH RAIN THIS MORNING?
Sorry, we don't open the MX track or hare scramble trails on adult weekends. No, the weather is nice, no sign of rain. The track and trails are open every Sunday 8am-5pm on all other Sundays. We do offer a 25 mile trail ride on Saturday mornings of events at 10:30. This is a guided trail and you don't have to gear up for it.