Questions about L-Cross

Started by Justardnck, September 28, 2008, 12:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justardnck

Can anybody tell me how big the place is, the type of riding there and are there a lot of trails? The website goes more into events than the property conditions. Looks like a fun place so I'd like to get more info.

LostCause

Property is divided into 3 sections.  Mud, MX and trails.

Total property is around 900 acres.

Trails are around 6 - 10 miles.

MX Track is about 1 mile.

Mud section is close to 600 acres.

Hope this helps
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

Turboderf

we are going l-cross tomorrow your welcome to join us leaving loxahatchee about 630-700 am

Justardnck

Quote from: Turboderf on September 28, 2008, 12:58:04 AM
we are going l-cross tomorrow your welcome to join us leaving loxahatchee about 630-700 am
Thanks for the offer but I can't. My buddy is supposed to race at L-Cross on the 11th so I figured I'd go with him and just cruise the mud or trails while he's racing.

Whats the best way to L-Cross? I live at Northlake and Seminole Pratt, I was thinking 710 to 441 in Okeechobee but some say to go out Belle Glade to 27

TRX450R_Racer

It's about the same either way. If i leave from my house, I live at Cocnut & Temple, I go 710 to 441. If I pick up Turboderf on the way, he lives at Sycamore and Manderin, we go Southern to the Whoop rode, that goes through Canal Point. I don't know the name of it. Maybe Turboderf will chime in with the answer.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Rick16b

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 28, 2008, 01:34:56 AM
It's about the same either way. If i leave from my house, I live at Cocnut & Temple, I go 710 to 441. If I pick up Turboderf on the way, he lives at Sycamore and Manderin, we go Southern to the Whoop rode, that goes through Canal Point. I don't know the name of it. Maybe Turboderf will chime in with the answer.
Thats Hwy 98

Justardnck

Thanks for all the input and offers, does anybody know if L-Cross will allow people to ride other areas of the park while there is a race going on? My neighbor is running some race on Oct 11th and I was wondering if I could ride other areas of the park while he's racing.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Justardnck on September 28, 2008, 12:18:09 PM
Thanks for all the input and offers, does anybody know if L-Cross will allow people to ride other areas of the park while there is a race going on? My neighbor is running some race on Oct 11th and I was wondering if I could ride other areas of the park while he's racing.

Yes you can ride in the front where the mudding is. I'm not positive but I think the MX track will be closed.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

wheelie_boy

What race is that?  Anyone know anything about the race?
05 kx 250f

LostCause

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

wheelie_boy

05 kx 250f

Slo Poke

Quote from: LostCause on September 29, 2008, 12:41:16 AM
Round 2 of SSQSA XC


whooot!!! cant wait....2 more weeks and we RACIN AGAIN!!!! ;D


hows the course shaping up Brett??
SSQSA #294C
TBRD Racing Team
www.tampabayridindirty.com
www.ridindirtyperformance.com

Patricia Pearce

Yes, you are welcome to come in on Friday and stay the whole weekend the race will be going on Saturday, so no, you will not be able to ride the trails or MX track on Saturday but you can ride both of them on Sunday. You must have full safety gear to ride the track or trails. We do not require safety gear for the mud or just playing in the park.
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

Turboderf

Quote from: LostCause on September 29, 2008, 12:41:16 AM
Round 2 of SSQSA XC
WHOO HOO we will there friday afternoon cant wait

Justardnck

Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 03, 2008, 03:18:35 AM
Yes, you are welcome to come in on Friday and stay the whole weekend the race will be going on Saturday, so no, you will not be able to ride the trails or MX track on Saturday but you can ride both of them on Sunday. You must have full safety gear to ride the track or trails. We do not require safety gear for the mud or just playing in the park.
This is a very stupid question but I don't ride sport bikes so other than a helmet what safety gear constitutes "full" safety gear?

Patricia Pearce

Helmet, boots, shirt, pants, chest protector and gloves. I think that's all.
That gear is required on the MX track and hare scramble trails only. You can ride all over the park with out gear as well as the mud holes.
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

crom A zone

you really need   chest protecter for hair scramble trail;s
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 03, 2008, 10:27:54 PM
Helmet, boots, shirt, pants, chest protector and gloves. I think that's all.
That gear is required on the MX track and hare scramble trails only. You can ride all over the park with out gear as well as the mud holes.

Goggles
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Justardnck

Quote from: Patricia Pearce on October 03, 2008, 10:27:54 PM
Helmet, boots, shirt, pants, chest protector and gloves. I think that's all.
That gear is required on the MX track and hare scramble trails only. You can ride all over the park with out gear as well as the mud holes.
The hare scramble trails.... I assume because you need the gear they will be rough for a lumbering 4x4 bike?

This is going to sound awful but is the mud area a decent size? Do you have to dodge cow chips to get around? I'm not gonna mention names but one place I've ridden say they have 400 acres but there is no way they're letting you ride on the whole 400... maybe 100 acres and you have to navigate around all the cow chips and dead cows. For me that place was boring, disgusting and no fun at all.

laxhotrods

i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there.  were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.
07 honda rancher 420

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: laxhotrods on October 09, 2008, 09:26:23 PM
i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there.  were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.

What race you talking about?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Justardnck

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 10, 2008, 01:29:20 AM
Quote from: laxhotrods on October 09, 2008, 09:26:23 PM
i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there.  were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.

What race you talking about?
There is a race this weekend, it's the completion of another race I think. My neighbor and his cousin are racing in it which is why I was going to go. I'm not gonna now though because I don't have all that gear these guys say I need and the owners of L-Cross didn't answer my questions about the mud areas and I fear the mud areas are too small to entertain me for an entire day.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Justardnck on October 10, 2008, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 10, 2008, 01:29:20 AM
Quote from: laxhotrods on October 09, 2008, 09:26:23 PM
i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there.  were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.

What race you talking about?
There is a race this weekend, it's the completion of another race I think. My neighbor and his cousin are racing in it which is why I was going to go. I'm not gonna now though because I don't have all that gear these guys say I need and the owners of L-Cross didn't answer my questions about the mud areas and I fear the mud areas are too small to entertain me for an entire day.

Come on out you will have fun.

Don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you being kind of picky for someone that has nowhere to ride close to home?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

laxhotrods

I have places to ride it was that L cross sucks for the price and there is nobody there the mud is small
its a good place for sport bikes
07 honda rancher 420

Patricia Pearce

Sorry you had such a bad time. The band cancelled to do the rain. Yes, there was a small amount of people there compared to our usual Adult weekends but this is the 1st event we had on this date. We have been having Adult weekends 6 times a year. We were asked to have them every month. This happened to be the first one of the every month ones we have tried. People have been coming for 4 years on the scheduled dates so alot of them did not know about this event with out checking our web site. The economy is also playing a part in attendance every where, even Walmart has been effected. As for me not answereing questions there is not a need to when some one has already answered them. We have a 1,200 acre park at least 3X's larger than any other mud event that I know of. We also leave the park to do a 25 mile trail ride. You do not have to have gear to ride in the park or play in the mud or the 25 mile trail ride. You just need gear to ride the MX track and the Hare Scramble trails. The trails are tight. Any one who would even attempt to ride any track or trail like this with out gear would be foolish. We will be having another Adult weekend October 31st- Nov. 2nd and will have a much bigger crowd. We will give FREE passes to all contestants that compete in the Costume contest as well as the Wet-T-Shirt contest. The event is $40.00 for a weekend pass or a one day pass is available now on Sunday's only for $20.00. Again, sorry you had a bad time, hope you will give L-Cross another chance.

Mark & Patti Pearce
Owner's L-Cross Extreme Events

If you would like to visit our web site  www.l-cross.com
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"