Poll
Question:
Pick who ya think has the HP, skills, and sack to bring home a win.
Option 1: Derek Browning- Honda 500R
votes: 8
Option 2: Dare Rambo- Yamaha YFZ450
votes: 1
Option 3: Bud Chancey- Whatever Bike He Hasn't Blown Up Yet
votes: 3
Option 4: Scott Sheffield- Honda 350R PV
votes: 1
Option 5: Brady Windsor- Honda 350R PV
votes: 4
Option 6: Travis Edwards- Yamaha YFZ450
votes: 3
Option 7: Dave Ware- Yamaha Banshee
votes: 4
Option 8: Dave Bohnstadt- Honda 330R
votes: 2
Option 9: Jody Hopkins- YFZ450
votes: 6
Option 10: Gary Sisson- Suzuki LTR450
votes: 3
We haven't had a poll in a while. They're a good way to talk smack. If I forgot to add someone to the list let me know and I'll add them in.
PS- I voted for that bad azz black Honda.....
Oh hell thats to easy. Dereks gonna bare bottom spank all them other punks. rolback1
I'm picking Dave Ware that Banshee is bad ass and this track is perfect for it, I hope Dave can hold on to that thing because he will probably be airborne if he holds it wide open.
S.M.
I see how it is with the Yamaha guys. They all stick together like a bunch of Pygmies
Quote from: Quad32x on April 29, 2008, 08:11:13 PM
Oh hell thats to easy. Dereks gonna bare bottom spank all them other punks. rolback1
i second that! ;)
im not sure if scott is going to race or not. but, if he does he will most likely be on steves MMR ktm550.
i have riden all the 2 strokes on the list and i like my chances. i cant wait to see dave and brady mix it up. bradys 350R sure runs GOOD at high speeds. dave gonna have his hands full. :P but on the other hand hopefully i will be ahead of them both ;) so i wont get to see it just hear about it after the race. cant wait till the 17th. its gonna be awsome! 8)
and i see that bamaquad is on the list. cant wait to show that raptor how us bigboys do it! ;D
ahh but you forgot that mad fast Gary Sisson!
Gonna be a good time! b:r
HEY come on now How come you didnt put me in there?
Quote from: HillKiller on April 30, 2008, 01:21:29 AM
ahh but you forgot that mad fast Gary Sisson!
did you say something? :-\
Man chet. Yall know that Mystic power gonna whoop that behind. Update I got tonite says I might be out there with my 500. Looks to me like it might be nothing more than a Mystic Motorsports beat down come the 17th. 8)
You think you'll have the hybrid back by then?
I've only seen one of these quads run other than mine and that was Daves shee.
I've never run on a 3/8 mile track but I have run on a 3/10 with 30 degree banking track and never got close to changing into 5th.
Should be fun, the torque of a hard pulling 4 stroke against the high reving hp of the 2 strokes.
Gonna pack my sprockets, that's for sure. ;)
Quote from: fastrnrik on April 30, 2008, 02:56:49 AM
You think you'll have the hybrid back by then?
Well Mr Skully said it will be done Monday then the paint got ordered tonite and everything else is ready and then take it to Derek to jet ........... Maybe. ;)
Quote from: derek330 on April 29, 2008, 08:31:48 PM
im not sure if scott is going to race or not. but, if he does he will most likely be on steves MMR ktm550.
i have riden all the 2 strokes on the list and i like my chances. i cant wait to see dave and brady mix it up. bradys 350R sure runs GOOD at high speeds. dave gonna have his hands full. :P but on the other hand hopefully i will be ahead of them both ;) so i wont get to see it just hear about it after the race. cant wait till the 17th. its gonna be awsome! 8)
and i see that bamaquad is on the list. cant wait to show that raptor how us bigboys do it! ;D
If you're lucky you will be the first. ;) They never learn. :(
I voted for the hillbilly. ;D
Quote from: Bamaquad on April 30, 2008, 03:12:02 AM
I've only seen one of these quads run other than mine and that was Daves shee.
I've never run on a 3/8 mile track but I have run on a 5/8 track and never got close to changing into 5th.
Should be fun, the torque of a hard pulling 4 stroke against the high reving hp of the 2 strokes.
Gonna pack my sprockets, that's for sure. ;)
What track was that? A 5/8 mile is quite a bit bigger than this 3/8 mile, 1/4 mile bigger actually.
and i see that bamaquad is on the list. cant wait to show that raptor how us bigboys do it! ;D
[/quote]
If you're lucky you will be the first. ;) They never learn. :(
[/quote]
luck has nothing to do with it playa. 8)
(http://maochan.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/oh-snap.jpg)
Quote from: fastrnrik on April 30, 2008, 02:09:16 PM
(http://maochan.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/oh-snap.jpg)
rolback1 rolback1
hey bama.... i changed my sig. just for you! ;D
OHHHHHHHH, How sweet, you did all that for me? You aren't sweet on ol Bamaquad are ya!!! :-*
I feel like you're rolling out the red carpet for me & I'm an honored guest. ;D
Quote from: Bamaquad on April 30, 2008, 10:15:58 PM
OHHHHHHHH, How sweet, you did all that for me? You aren't sweet on ol Bamaquad are ya!!! :-*
I feel like you're rolling out the red carpet for me & I'm an honored guest. ;D
You will be an honored guest for real. Its cool that you will come all that way to race. Hats off to ya man ! :ThumbsUp.gif
Dont worry boys and girls. Daddy is coming.
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on May 01, 2008, 01:46:58 AM
Dont worry boys and girls. Daddy is coming.
Did you mean to post in the intermediate race poll? This is the open class smack. ;D
Quote from: HillKiller on May 01, 2008, 02:25:30 AM
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on May 01, 2008, 01:46:58 AM
Dont worry boys and girls. Daddy is coming.
Did you mean to post in the intermediate race poll? This is the open class smack. ;D
Does that mean old people cant post here ? :o
Quote from: Quad32x on May 01, 2008, 01:13:37 AM
Quote from: Bamaquad on April 30, 2008, 10:15:58 PM
OHHHHHHHH, How sweet, you did all that for me? You aren't sweet on ol Bamaquad are ya!!! :-*
I feel like you're rolling out the red carpet for me & I'm an honored guest. ;D
You will be an honored guest for real. Its cool that you will come all that way to race. Hats off to ya man ! :ThumbsUp.gif
It's definitely going to be a long haul with gas prices as high as they are & getting about 10 miles a gallon pulling a trailer.
The only thing that would steer me away from coming as of right now would be the slightest hint of rain in the forecast for that Saturday. :-\
S'anyone know if turf tamers are Z rated cause thats what I'll be runnin for the knobbie class 8)
25% worth of the votes! i wont let yall down! 8)
Quote from: derek330 on May 02, 2008, 06:15:08 PM
25% worth of the votes! i wont let yall down! 8)
:}}
Quote from: derek330 on May 02, 2008, 06:15:08 PM
25% worth of the votes! i wont let yall down! 8)
You mean
20%?.....
dont sass me boy! LOL ;D
Quote from: derek330 on May 05, 2008, 12:39:49 AM
dont sass me boy! LOL ;D
No sass... I'm just sayin' that it looks like confidence in that black Honda is starting to climb..... :o
yeah its plenty FAST! all it needs is the rider to get RIGHT! ::) we spent all weekend working on the tooth and its running better than ever. less than 2 weeks to go. 8)
The rider will be just fine. Don't forget he has a key to that track.... ;)
Quote from: fastrnrik on May 05, 2008, 02:50:57 PM
Don't forget he has a key to that track.... ;)
So how are the tires holding up Derek
Quote from: jayman on May 05, 2008, 03:15:03 PM
Quote from: fastrnrik on May 05, 2008, 02:50:57 PM
Don't forget he has a key to that track.... ;)
So how are the tires holding up Derek
what tires are we talking about?
Sounds like you have had time to practice on the track and I was questioning as to how how the tires (Hoosier or American Racer) were holding up. I only ask because at Eastbay they were killing brand new tires in a day ???
no, i havent been to this track ever. i have only seen it on the videos. brady was just playing wit me. :P but my guess would be its gonna be a tire eater. ;) wont know till we get there. :dunno.gif
Quote from: derek330 on May 05, 2008, 07:15:02 PM
no, i havent been to this track ever. i have only seen it on the videos. brady was just playing wit me. :P but my guess would be its gonna be a tire eater. ;) wont know till we get there. :dunno.gif
Ok I guess you can never trust what comes out of Brady's mouth :deal.gif
i thought all floridiens were like that! :o
Just like all Georgians are gay. <sofa peeky>
hey...... leave all that gay talk at home fella. :N besides i know you aint talkin mr. sasuage man! :foot.gif
We rode on the track this past weekend. We didn't ride the whole track, but half on the clay, and half on the asphalt infield. I ran 10 compound Tri Trac rears, and they show minimal wear. I didn't notice anyone else with flat track tires showing substantial tire wear. The guys with knobbies were showing some good wear though.
The Raptor nation is alive & well. ;) WOO HOO!!!!
Where's my name. 8)
coming out of retirement!!! What about the 2 stroke?
Quote from: fastrnrik on May 06, 2008, 01:10:33 AM
We rode on the track this past weekend. We didn't ride the whole track, but half on the clay, and half on the asphalt infield. I ran 10 compound Tri Trac rears, and they show minimal wear. I didn't notice anyone else with flat track tires showing substantial tire wear. The guys with knobbies were showing some good wear though.
How are these people getting time to ride on the tracks, Ocala, Auburndale....
I have not seen any posting for open practice.....
Oh thats right I am no one ViO
Quote from: LostCause on May 08, 2008, 12:39:24 AM
coming out of retirement!!! What about the 2 stroke?
Brett, I don't want to get smoked now do I, just kinding the 2 stroke is set up for mx now.
I think time to switch to TT and FT now. I have a bad wrist, knee, right and left shoulders all from MX its time for a smoother style of racing. Do to my injury's I can only ride MX at about 80 percent but I think I can ride TT at nearly 100%.
I may also occasionally ride some MX. 8)
Quote from: jayman on May 08, 2008, 12:59:27 AM
Quote from: fastrnrik on May 06, 2008, 01:10:33 AM
We rode on the track this past weekend. We didn't ride the whole track, but half on the clay, and half on the asphalt infield. I ran 10 compound Tri Trac rears, and they show minimal wear. I didn't notice anyone else with flat track tires showing substantial tire wear. The guys with knobbies were showing some good wear though.
How are these people getting time to ride on the tracks, Ocala, Auburndale....
I have not seen any posting for open practice.....
Oh thats right I am no one ViO
It's because you're so fast you don't need any practice. Oh... wait... nevermind.... you ride a Suzuki, so that can't be it.
Seriously, Auburndale does have some practices. The riding at the Ocala track was for the "quad wars" for the Monster Jam they had there this past weekend. We didn't run the whole track, just a small course set up in the front of it.
I believe that the Suzuki Gary rides put it to you several times so you better watch it :-*
Just got through doing my Google search for directions. What a freaking haul, 536 miles and 8hrs driving time without a trailer. Can probably add 2-3 hours with a trailer on that 8 hours. GEEZ. :-\
536 MILES @ 10 miles per gallon of gas pulling the 24footer. :drive.gif Guestimating here!!!
That's 53 gallons of gas 1 way and 106 dowm and back @ $3.47 a gallon = $367.00 in gas there & back. Hotel room for 2 nights is roughly $300.00. Then there's food for 4, another $100.00. :'(
Roughly it's gonna take about $800.00 to come and race. :K
Forgot to mention my entry fee.
What is the entry fee and what is the payback? :dunno.gif
dang.. that sucks! you know what the problem is... everything costs more but we still make the same.
well, good luck on your trip and we should see you at the track. 8)
Looks like I'm going to have to punk out of this one. I drove the trailer to Huntsville last night and I get 200 miles to a tank of gas. If I travel to Ocala & back that's 1,072 miles and 200 to a tank. You do the math, almost 6 tanks to come race, I don't think so.
Just using a little common sense here, not worth it to come and race to me.
Sorry fellows, maybe if you have 1 scheduled in Georgia I will make it.
Quote from: Bamaquad on May 08, 2008, 07:40:46 PM
Just got through doing my Google search for directions. What a freaking haul, 536 miles and 8hrs driving time without a trailer. Can probably add 2-3 hours with a trailer on that 8 hours. GEEZ. :-\
536 MILES @ 10 miles per gallon of gas pulling the 24footer. :drive.gif Guestimating here!!!
That's 53 gallons of gas 1 way and 106 dowm and back @ $3.47 a gallon = $367.00 in gas there & back. Hotel room for 2 nights is roughly $300.00. Then there's food for 4, another $100.00. :'(
Roughly it's gonna take about $800.00 to come and race. :K
Forgot to mention my entry fee.
What is the entry fee and what is the payback? :dunno.gif
Is there a payback?
Looks like I picked the right guy. ;)
Quote from: Quad32x on May 18, 2008, 02:08:27 PM
Looks like I picked the right guy. ;)
x2 :ThumbsUp.gif
Ya, me too. ;D Great job to all the riders though, it sure was a good race.
thanks to all my voters! :Fp it was a long day but in the main i get my bike running good enough to pull out a win. theres still alot more left in it just needs more tuning time. we had a great time and thanks to everyone that helped put on the race. look forward to doing it again next weekend.
does anyone have any pics of the sabertooth on 2 wheels? 8)
Quote from: derek330 on May 19, 2008, 04:33:58 AM
thanks to all my voters! :Fp it was a long day but in the main i get my bike running good enough to pull out a win. theres still alot more left in it just needs more tuning time. we had a great time and thanks to everyone that helped put on the race. look forward to doing it again next weekend.
does anyone have any pics of the sabertooth on 2 wheels? 8)
I have pics in my mind, everytime you shifted that thing twisted up... It was awesome!
Wish my camera batteries hadn't died so early.
Congrats on the win Derek!