Ocala Speedway, May 17th Who's Going To Win?

Started by fastrnrik, April 29, 2008, 08:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick who ya think has the HP, skills, and sack to bring home a win.

Derek Browning- Honda 500R
8 (22.9%)
Dare Rambo- Yamaha YFZ450
1 (2.9%)
Bud Chancey- Whatever Bike He Hasn't Blown Up Yet
3 (8.6%)
Scott Sheffield- Honda 350R PV
1 (2.9%)
Brady Windsor- Honda 350R PV
4 (11.4%)
Travis Edwards- Yamaha YFZ450
3 (8.6%)
Dave Ware- Yamaha Banshee
4 (11.4%)
Dave Bohnstadt- Honda 330R
2 (5.7%)
Jody Hopkins- YFZ450
6 (17.1%)
Gary Sisson- Suzuki LTR450
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: May 15, 2008, 07:26:11 PM

Quad32x

Quote from: HillKiller on May 01, 2008, 02:25:30 AM
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on May 01, 2008, 01:46:58 AM
Dont worry boys and girls. Daddy is coming.
Did you mean to post in the intermediate race poll? This is the open class smack. ;D
Does that mean old people cant post here ?  :o
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Bamaquad

Quote from: Quad32x on May 01, 2008, 01:13:37 AM
Quote from: Bamaquad on April 30, 2008, 10:15:58 PM
OHHHHHHHH, How sweet, you did all that for me? You aren't sweet on ol Bamaquad are ya!!! :-*

I feel like you're rolling out the red carpet for me & I'm an honored guest. ;D
You will be an honored guest for real. Its cool that you will come all that way to race. Hats off to ya man !  :ThumbsUp.gif

It's definitely going to be a long haul with gas prices as high as they are & getting about 10 miles a gallon pulling a trailer.

The only thing that would steer me away from coming as of right now would be the slightest hint of rain in the forecast for that Saturday. :-\
Alabama Quad Flattrack Championship Series
07 Stock Class Champion &
Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
Soonsored by: [url="http://www.techquadshop.com/"]http://www.techquadshop.com/[/url]

HondaATC

 S'anyone know if turf tamers are Z rated cause thats what I'll be runnin for the knobbie class 8)
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

derek330

25% worth of the votes! i wont let yall down! 8)
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

bmd11

'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

fastrnrik


derek330

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

fastrnrik

Quote from: derek330 on May 05, 2008, 12:39:49 AM
dont sass me boy! LOL ;D

No sass... I'm just sayin' that it looks like confidence in that black Honda is starting to climb.....  :o

derek330

yeah its plenty FAST!   all it needs is the rider to get RIGHT!   ::)   we spent all weekend working on the tooth and its running better than ever.  less than 2 weeks to go. 8)
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

fastrnrik

The rider will be just fine. Don't forget he has a key to that track.... ;)

jayman

Quote from: fastrnrik on May 05, 2008, 02:50:57 PM
Don't forget he has a key to that track.... ;)

So how are the tires holding up Derek
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

derek330

Quote from: jayman on May 05, 2008, 03:15:03 PM
Quote from: fastrnrik on May 05, 2008, 02:50:57 PM
Don't forget he has a key to that track.... ;)

So how are the tires holding up Derek

what tires are we talking about?
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

jayman

Sounds like you have had time to practice on the track and I was questioning as to how how the tires (Hoosier or American Racer) were holding up.  I only ask because at Eastbay they were killing brand new tires in a day  ???
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

derek330

no, i havent been to this track ever. i have only seen it on the videos. brady was just playing wit me. :P  but my guess would be its gonna be a tire eater. ;)  wont know till we get there. :dunno.gif
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

jayman

Quote from: derek330 on May 05, 2008, 07:15:02 PM
no, i havent been to this track ever. i have only seen it on the videos. brady was just playing wit me. :P  but my guess would be its gonna be a tire eater. ;)  wont know till we get there. :dunno.gif

Ok I guess you can never trust what comes out of Brady's mouth  :deal.gif
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

derek330

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

derek330

hey...... leave all that gay talk at home fella. :N   besides i know you aint talkin mr. sasuage man! :foot.gif
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

fastrnrik

We rode on the track this past weekend. We didn't ride the whole track, but half on the clay, and half on the asphalt infield. I ran 10 compound Tri Trac rears, and they show minimal wear. I didn't notice anyone else with flat track tires showing substantial tire wear. The guys with knobbies were showing some good wear though.

   

Bamaquad

The Raptor nation is alive & well. ;)  WOO HOO!!!!
Alabama Quad Flattrack Championship Series
07 Stock Class Champion &
Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
Soonsored by: [url="http://www.techquadshop.com/"]http://www.techquadshop.com/[/url]

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

LostCause

coming out of retirement!!!  What about the 2 stroke?
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

jayman

Quote from: fastrnrik on May 06, 2008, 01:10:33 AM
We rode on the track this past weekend. We didn't ride the whole track, but half on the clay, and half on the asphalt infield. I ran 10 compound Tri Trac rears, and they show minimal wear. I didn't notice anyone else with flat track tires showing substantial tire wear. The guys with knobbies were showing some good wear though.

   

How are these people getting time to ride on the tracks, Ocala, Auburndale....

I have not seen any posting for open practice.....


Oh thats right I am no one  ViO
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

trx#9

Quote from: LostCause on May 08, 2008, 12:39:24 AM
coming out of retirement!!!  What about the 2 stroke?
Brett, I don't want to get smoked now do I, just kinding the 2 stroke is set up for mx now.
I think time to switch to TT and FT now. I have a bad wrist, knee, right and left shoulders all from MX its time for a smoother style of racing. Do to my injury's I can only ride MX at about 80 percent but I think I can ride TT at nearly 100%.
I may also occasionally ride some MX. 8) 
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

fastrnrik

Quote from: jayman on May 08, 2008, 12:59:27 AM
Quote from: fastrnrik on May 06, 2008, 01:10:33 AM
We rode on the track this past weekend. We didn't ride the whole track, but half on the clay, and half on the asphalt infield. I ran 10 compound Tri Trac rears, and they show minimal wear. I didn't notice anyone else with flat track tires showing substantial tire wear. The guys with knobbies were showing some good wear though.

   

How are these people getting time to ride on the tracks, Ocala, Auburndale....

I have not seen any posting for open practice.....

Oh thats right I am no one  ViO


It's because you're so fast you don't need any practice. Oh... wait... nevermind.... you ride a Suzuki, so that can't be it.

Seriously, Auburndale does have some practices. The riding at the Ocala track was for the "quad wars" for the Monster Jam they had there this past weekend. We didn't run the whole track, just a small course set up in the front of it.