I installed new shocks on the TJ this weekend and this is what piss me off. I bought skyjacker shock to replace the worn ones on the Jeep. I removed old skyjacker shocks made in the USA and replaced them with the SAME part number skyjacker, but made in Mexico. ??? ..............(us company since 1964) WTF?
Outsourcing is subcontracting a process, such as product design or manufacturing, to a third-party company. The decision to outsource is often made in the interest of lowering firm costs, redirecting or conserving energy directed at the competencies of a particular business, or to make more efficient use of labor, capital, technology and resources. Outsourcing became part of the business lexicon during the 1980s.
I think its more about profit and using cheaper labor.
Lowest price always wins.
Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2008, 11:30:57 AM
Lowest price always wins.
Not always. After watching the Walmart movie - the high cost of.... on demand I no longer shop there regardless of price. I'd rather pay a little more than support that company.
This is your N.A.F.T.A. trade agreement working for you hows your arse feel, lol
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 11:36:22 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2008, 11:30:57 AM
Lowest price always wins.
Not always. After watching the Walmart movie - the high cost of.... on demand I no longer shop there regardless of price. I'd rather pay a little more than support that company.
I know the movie..and no matter what is said a Business will outsource to the cheapest labor....because We as Americans do not want to pay extra for American Made products.. We are all about the deep discounts regardless of where it comes from.
I do not like shopping at wal-mart...same reason I do not eat at Chain Restaraunts if I can help it...
I have found myself walking out of Stores that charge me .50 surcharge on using my debit card...or if there is a 5.00 minimum on credit debit.
Quote from: rdm225 on March 24, 2008, 11:37:47 AM
This is your N.A.F.T.A. trade agreement working for you hows your arse feel, lol
Absolutely correct.
Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2008, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 11:36:22 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2008, 11:30:57 AM
Lowest price always wins.
Not always. After watching the Walmart movie - the high cost of.... on demand I no longer shop there regardless of price. I'd rather pay a little more than support that company.
I know the movie..and no matter what is said a Business will outsource to the cheapest labor....because We as Americans do not want to pay extra for American Made products.. We are all about the deep discounts regardless of where it comes from.
I do not like shopping at wal-mart...same reason I do not eat at Chain Restaraunts if I can help it...
I have found myself walking out of Stores that charge me .50 surcharge on using my debit card...or if there is a 5.00 minimum on credit debit.
You're right they'll all outsource to save a few bucks. It's up to us to become more aware of where we shop. And that's hard to do when it means us paying more. It's a terrible situation.
SO WANT DOES THE MEXICAN PEOPLE THINK..? If the Americans cant build there own stuff and Mexicans have to build it for them.... I guest they need more Mexicans in the USA.
Look at Rooms to go and all the furniture company's, its ALL make in China. Screw them I drove to NC to buy my furniture, Why because I want Cherry wood and not Cherry colored wood from China
Well, if you need a new bedroom set, you better schedule a trip. I know quite a few workers put out of jobs due to outsourcing in the NC/TN area. Most of the Levi and Wrangler plants have been closed and sent to foreign countries.
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
You are a complete azzhole & a disgrace to are whole military !!!!
Go wash your brothers ferraria or what ever HE bought outside the USA
DR Walum !
Whoa there... I am confused....... How does big-daddys remark merit this response? Are you employed by Room-to-go?
I guest?
Dr walnut...... What does the military have to do with this thread?
it's an unfortunate situation with no easy resolution. If we complain loud enough long enough the companies that are outsourcing will perhaps bring some of the business back to the US, but then people will cry about the increase in cost at the register.
On a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 03:54:44 PMOn a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Acer's support is located in Texas. I have dealt with them a few times and had good experiences!!!
apple too! best customer service I seen in a long time ;)
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 02:02:08 PM
SO WANT DOES THE MEXICAN PEOPLE THINK..? If the Americans cant build there own stuff and Mexicans have to build it for them.... I guest they need more Mexicans in the USA.
Look at Rooms to go and all the furniture company's, its ALL make in China. Screw them I drove to NC to buy my furniture, Why because I want Cherry wood and not Cherry colored wood from China
You are a complete azzhole & a disgrace to are whole military !!!!
Go wash your brothers ferraria or what ever HE bought outside the USA
DR Walum !
??
Quote from: shogun323 on March 24, 2008, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 03:54:44 PMOn a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Acer's support is located in Texas. I have dealt with them a few times and had good experiences!!!
any feedback on their computers as far as how good they are ? I've had Compaq, HP, Gateway, Emachines and so far I think the best one has been the cheapest.
Quote from: budman on March 24, 2008, 04:16:47 PM
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 02:02:08 PM
SO WANT DOES THE MEXICAN PEOPLE THINK..? If the Americans cant build there own stuff and Mexicans have to build it for them.... I guest they need more Mexicans in the USA.
Look at Rooms to go and all the furniture company's, its ALL make in China. Screw them I drove to NC to buy my furniture, Why because I want Cherry wood and not Cherry colored wood from China
You are a complete azzhole & a disgrace to are whole military !!!!
Go wash your brothers ferraria or what ever HE bought outside the USA
DR Walum !
??
WTF....someone forgot to take their MEDS.
He just chose this thread to make a statement based upon his azzesment of another member :D
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 04:38:38 PM
He just chose this thread to make a statement based upon his azzesment of another member :D
0 I C ;)
Quote from: budman on March 24, 2008, 04:16:47 PM
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 02:02:08 PM
SO WANT DOES THE MEXICAN PEOPLE THINK..? If the Americans cant build there own stuff and Mexicans have to build it for them.... I guest they need more Mexicans in the USA.
Look at Rooms to go and all the furniture company's, its ALL make in China. Screw them I drove to NC to buy my furniture, Why because I want Cherry wood and not Cherry colored wood from China
You are a complete azzhole & a disgrace to are whole military !!!!
Go wash your brothers ferraria or what ever HE bought outside the USA
DR Walum !
??
Hmm, maybe it makes sense if you change the are, to our....
Nope, I cant find anything worth giving a cr@p about in that post ::)
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 03:29:44 PM
I guest?
Dr walnut...... What does the military have to do with this thread?
How bout the ( gaydirt homoplex ) next to the USMC symbol
you are a disgrace >:D
Homoplex thing a Joke...... Are you Gay there Doc?
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on March 24, 2008, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 03:54:44 PMOn a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Acer's support is located in Texas. I have dealt with them a few times and had good experiences!!!
any feedback on their computers as far as how good they are ? I've had Compaq, HP, Gateway, Emachines and so far I think the best one has been the cheapest.
I have positive feedback on Acers for ya. I am an IT guy by trade. I currently have 23 Acer desktops in my company and they are great. I have used them for the last 4 years with no complaints!!
Acers laptop are use by ferrari F1 team to setup there cars...... nice looking laptop.
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 09:25:30 PM
Homoplex thing a Joke...... Are you Gay there Doc?
Far from it big d. I think your joke is wrong IMO. I won't go into the big internet debate. I'll remove the posts ;D
Time for my meds ;)
DR Walnut!
Great Doc........ ;)
Thanks have a great day
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 09:48:36 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 09:25:30 PM
Homoplex thing a Joke...... Are you Gay there Doc?
Far from it big d. I think your joke is wrong IMO. I won't go into the big internet debate. I'll remove the posts ;D
Time for my meds ;)
DR Walnut!
I just took mine :P
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 09:55:54 PM
Great Doc........ ;)
Thanks have a great day
Thanks buddy ;D
Posts some pics of that bad azz jeep !!
Sorry to go off topic , but the meds work a lot better with beer :drink.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
No problem.... I'll post them on another thread
Quote from: shogun323 on March 24, 2008, 09:36:17 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on March 24, 2008, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 03:54:44 PMOn a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Acer's support is located in Texas. I have dealt with them a few times and had good experiences!!!
any feedback on their computers as far as how good they are ? I've had Compaq, HP, Gateway, Emachines and so far I think the best one has been the cheapest.
I have positive feedback on Acers for ya. I am an IT guy by trade. I currently have 23 Acer desktops in my company and they are great. I have used them for the last 4 years with no complaints!!
Thanks for the info.
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 11:28:21 AM
I think its more about profit and using cheaper labor.
NAFTA / GATT / Free Trade I guess ,
You know whats funny , somebody ought to tell all the mexicans that the jobs are over there . They need to look back and maybe they'll notice all the new factories that have been built on the border towns of Mexico.
Chrysler , GM ,
Scientific Atlanta, General Instruments ,PPC ,Raychem, Thomas and Bets ,Antec ,Siecor, Alcatel Fiber optic cables and jumpers ,Motorola to some degree ,Dayco ,Interco famous maker of Vampire ATV tires and on .....Just a few that come to mind , there must be thousands more that I dont know of.
We might be sneakin across the border headin south for jobs soon,so messed up . :(
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 10:11:35 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on March 24, 2008, 09:36:17 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on March 24, 2008, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 03:54:44 PMOn a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Acer's support is located in Texas. I have dealt with them a few times and had good experiences!!!
any feedback on their computers as far as how good they are ? I've had Compaq, HP, Gateway, Emachines and so far I think the best one has been the cheapest.
I have positive feedback on Acers for ya. I am an IT guy by trade. I currently have 23 Acer desktops in my company and they are great. I have used them for the last 4 years with no complaints!!
Thanks for the info.
What do they use for a processor?? I am like Cain I hate getting " tank yoo for cawwing micrsof , preese hold"
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 10:03:55 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 09:55:54 PM
Great Doc........ ;)
Thanks have a great day
Thanks buddy ;D
Posts some pics of that bad azz jeep !!
Sorry to go off topic , but the meds work a lot better with beer :drink.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
Did I miss something, I swear I must be getting old :dunno.gif
Quote from: FishaHallic on March 25, 2008, 12:15:10 AM
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 10:03:55 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 09:55:54 PM
Great Doc........ ;)
Thanks have a great day
Thanks buddy ;D
Posts some pics of that bad azz jeep !!
Sorry to go off topic , but the meds work a lot better with beer :drink.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
Did I miss something, I swear I must be getting old :dunno.gif
Maybe some meds. Some things here are best left undeciphered.
Quote from: foreman1 on March 24, 2008, 10:38:02 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 11:28:21 AM
I think its more about profit and using cheaper labor.
NAFTA / GATT / Free Trade I guess ,
You know whats funny , somebody ought to tell all the mexicans that the jobs are over there . They need to look back and maybe they'll notice all the new factories that have been built on the border towns of Mexico.
Chrysler , GM ,
Scientific Atlanta, General Instruments ,PPC ,Raychem, Thomas and Bets ,Antec ,Siecor, Alcatel Fiber optic cables and jumpers ,Motorola to some degree ,Dayco ,Interco famous maker of Vampire ATV tires and on .....Just a few that come to mind , there must be thousands more that I dont know of.
We might be sneakin across the border headin south for jobs soon,so messed up . :(
Yea.......... I feel the same way :-\