we do it to ourself

Started by big-daddy, March 24, 2008, 11:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big-daddy

I installed new shocks on the TJ this weekend and this is what piss me off. I bought skyjacker shock to replace the worn ones on the Jeep. I removed old skyjacker shocks made in the USA and replaced them with the SAME part number skyjacker, but made in Mexico.  ??? ..............(us company since 1964)  WTF?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

JackL

Outsourcing is subcontracting a process, such as product design or manufacturing, to a third-party company. The decision to outsource is often made in the interest of lowering firm costs, redirecting or conserving energy directed at the competencies of a particular business, or to make more efficient use of labor, capital, technology and resources. Outsourcing became part of the business lexicon during the 1980s.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

big-daddy

I think its more about profit and using cheaper labor.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Joedirt

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Able

Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2008, 11:30:57 AM
Lowest price always wins.

Not always. After watching the Walmart movie - the high cost of....  on demand I no longer shop there regardless of price. I'd rather pay a little more than support that company.

rdm225

This is your N.A.F.T.A. trade agreement working for you hows your arse feel, lol

Joedirt

Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 11:36:22 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2008, 11:30:57 AM
Lowest price always wins.

Not always. After watching the Walmart movie - the high cost of....  on demand I no longer shop there regardless of price. I'd rather pay a little more than support that company.

I know the movie..and no matter what is said a Business will outsource to the cheapest labor....because We as Americans do not want to pay extra for American Made products.. We are all about the deep discounts  regardless of where it comes from.

I do not like shopping at wal-mart...same reason I do not eat at Chain Restaraunts if I can help it...

I have found myself walking out of Stores that charge me .50 surcharge on using my debit card...or if there is a 5.00 minimum on credit debit.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Able

Quote from: rdm225 on March 24, 2008, 11:37:47 AM
This is your N.A.F.T.A. trade agreement working for you hows your arse feel, lol

Absolutely correct.


Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2008, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 11:36:22 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2008, 11:30:57 AM
Lowest price always wins.

Not always. After watching the Walmart movie - the high cost of....  on demand I no longer shop there regardless of price. I'd rather pay a little more than support that company.

I know the movie..and no matter what is said a Business will outsource to the cheapest labor....because We as Americans do not want to pay extra for American Made products.. We are all about the deep discounts  regardless of where it comes from.

I do not like shopping at wal-mart...same reason I do not eat at Chain Restaraunts if I can help it...

I have found myself walking out of Stores that charge me .50 surcharge on using my debit card...or if there is a 5.00 minimum on credit debit.


You're right they'll all outsource to save a few bucks. It's up to us to become more aware of where we shop. And that's hard to do when it means us paying more. It's a terrible situation.

big-daddy

SO WANT DOES THE MEXICAN PEOPLE THINK..?  If the Americans cant build there own stuff and Mexicans have to build it for them.... I guest they need more Mexicans in the USA.

Look at Rooms to go and all the furniture company's, its ALL make in China. Screw them I drove to NC to buy my furniture, Why because I want Cherry wood and not Cherry colored wood from China
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

renmus

Well, if you need a new bedroom set, you better schedule a trip.  I know quite a few workers put out of jobs due to outsourcing in the NC/TN area.  Most of the Levi and Wrangler plants have been closed and sent to foreign countries.

shogun323

Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
You are a complete azzhole & a disgrace to are whole military !!!!





Go wash your brothers ferraria or what ever HE bought outside the USA


DR Walum !

Whoa there... I am confused....... How does big-daddys remark merit this response? Are you employed by Room-to-go?
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

big-daddy

I guest? 


Dr walnut...... What does the military have to do with this thread?



I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Able

it's an unfortunate situation with no easy resolution. If we complain loud enough long enough the companies that are outsourcing will perhaps bring some of the business back to the US, but then people will cry about the increase in cost at the register.

On a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.

shogun323

Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 03:54:44 PMOn a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Acer's support is located in Texas. I have dealt with them a few times and had good experiences!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

big-daddy

apple too!  best customer service I seen in a long time ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

budman

Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 02:02:08 PM
SO WANT DOES THE MEXICAN PEOPLE THINK..?  If the Americans cant build there own stuff and Mexicans have to build it for them.... I guest they need more Mexicans in the USA.

Look at Rooms to go and all the furniture company's, its ALL make in China. Screw them I drove to NC to buy my furniture, Why because I want Cherry wood and not Cherry colored wood from China
You are a complete azzhole & a disgrace to are whole military !!!!





Go wash your brothers ferraria or what ever HE bought outside the USA


DR Walum !

??
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Able

Quote from: shogun323 on March 24, 2008, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 03:54:44 PMOn a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Acer's support is located in Texas. I have dealt with them a few times and had good experiences!!!

any feedback on their computers as far as how good they are ? I've had Compaq, HP, Gateway, Emachines and so far I think the best one has been the cheapest.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: budman on March 24, 2008, 04:16:47 PM
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 02:02:08 PM
SO WANT DOES THE MEXICAN PEOPLE THINK..?  If the Americans cant build there own stuff and Mexicans have to build it for them.... I guest they need more Mexicans in the USA.

Look at Rooms to go and all the furniture company's, its ALL make in China. Screw them I drove to NC to buy my furniture, Why because I want Cherry wood and not Cherry colored wood from China
You are a complete azzhole & a disgrace to are whole military !!!!





Go wash your brothers ferraria or what ever HE bought outside the USA


DR Walum !

??

WTF....someone forgot to take their MEDS.

Able

He just chose this thread to make a statement based upon his azzesment of another member  :D

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 04:38:38 PM
He just chose this thread to make a statement based upon his azzesment of another member  :D

0 I C  ;)

klutchbuster400

Quote from: budman on March 24, 2008, 04:16:47 PM
Quote from: DRWalum on March 24, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 02:02:08 PM
SO WANT DOES THE MEXICAN PEOPLE THINK..?  If the Americans cant build there own stuff and Mexicans have to build it for them.... I guest they need more Mexicans in the USA.

Look at Rooms to go and all the furniture company's, its ALL make in China. Screw them I drove to NC to buy my furniture, Why because I want Cherry wood and not Cherry colored wood from China
You are a complete azzhole & a disgrace to are whole military !!!!





Go wash your brothers ferraria or what ever HE bought outside the USA


DR Walum !

??
Hmm, maybe it makes sense if you change the are, to our....


Nope, I cant find anything worth giving a cr@p about in that post ::)

DRWalum

Quote from: big-daddy on March 24, 2008, 03:29:44 PM
I guest? 


Dr walnut...... What does the military have to do with this thread?





How bout the ( gaydirt homoplex ) next to the USMC symbol

you are a disgrace   >:D
DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!

big-daddy

Homoplex thing a Joke...... Are you Gay there Doc?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

shogun323

Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 04:34:58 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on March 24, 2008, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Able on March 24, 2008, 03:54:44 PMOn a topic related note.......... is there any computer company that still has customer service here instead of India ? I want a new computer and components, but absolutely HATE trying to talk to someone with such an accent that I can't understand them when I bought the item here in America.
Acer's support is located in Texas. I have dealt with them a few times and had good experiences!!!

any feedback on their computers as far as how good they are ? I've had Compaq, HP, Gateway, Emachines and so far I think the best one has been the cheapest.

I have positive feedback on Acers for ya. I am an IT guy by trade. I currently have 23 Acer desktops in my company and they are great.   I have used them for the last 4 years with no complaints!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

big-daddy

Acers laptop are use by ferrari F1 team to setup there cars...... nice looking laptop.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com