need a bigger trailer and want to get around a 12' for 3 atv.
my question is how do peole load there atv sideways over the rails and wheel wells and then how the heck do you get them outover the rails.
i see them squeezed in there but never see them get them out.
any advice/
the smaller the trailer the better cause storage is tight
thanks
They aren't that heavy (the ATVs). Load them up and slide them sideways.
Quote from: KAW3604x4 on August 24, 2007, 04:09:18 PM
They aren't that heavy (the ATVs). Load them up and slide them sideways.
yep...... here's an example ;D
(http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/CANAMGATOR/IMG_4261_12.jpg)
You can alway do this....I just priced it out at a local welding shop $350.00 was the quote.
(http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/CANAMGATOR/1199701880_72564605a6.jpg)
I had a deckover built... ( deck over the 15" wheels ) 8x12 fits three just fine.
we have a 6x12 with a side ramp and we load them with the side ramp and slide them down. its not too hard. i can do it by myself. it holds 3 ranchers fine.
I bought a new side loader with a split rear loader from Lowes. It works fine for me beacuse I have 3. ::)
I use an aluminum trifold ramp to drive 1 full-sized ATV on the front end of trailer, sideways. Then drive 2 sport quads on and turn sideways by hand. Finally, I just drive another full-size ATV onto to the rear of trailer just like I did for the front. Important!! Use a ramp which comes with steel cables you can use to secure the ramp to the side rails. Or else, you can be seriously hurt and/or hurt someone.
Reverse the process for unloading. It helps if your ATVs have skid plates, mine don't.
It's hard to explain but I put the front tire against the side of the trailer and hit the gas and the bike spins sideways into place. If you don't have reverse unloading is a bit harder. Most of the time I slide them on the skid plate over the side.