side loading/trailering question

Started by johnny c, August 24, 2007, 04:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny c

need a bigger trailer and want to get around a 12' for 3 atv.
my question is how do peole load there atv sideways over the rails  and wheel wells and then how the heck do you get them outover the rails.
i see  them squeezed in there but never see them get them out.
any advice/
the smaller the trailer the better cause storage is tight
thanks

KAW3604x4

They aren't that heavy (the ATVs). Load them up and slide them sideways.
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: KAW3604x4 on August 24, 2007, 04:09:18 PM
They aren't that heavy (the ATVs). Load them up and slide them sideways.

yep...... here's an example  ;D


GrizzlyGator

You can alway do this....I just priced it out at a local welding shop $350.00 was the quote.


ananomaly

I had a deckover built... ( deck over the 15" wheels ) 8x12 fits three just fine.
05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

Fox17

we have a 6x12 with a side ramp and we load them with the side ramp and slide them down. its not too hard. i can do it by myself. it holds 3 ranchers fine.

VForcedave

I bought a new side loader with a split rear loader from Lowes. It works fine for me beacuse I have 3. ::) 
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

AintSkeered

I use an aluminum trifold ramp to drive 1 full-sized ATV on the front end of trailer, sideways. Then drive 2 sport quads on and turn sideways by hand. Finally, I just drive another full-size ATV onto to the rear of trailer just like I did for the front. Important!! Use a ramp which comes with steel cables you can use to secure the ramp to the side rails. Or else, you can be seriously hurt and/or hurt someone.
Reverse the process for unloading. It helps if your ATVs have skid plates, mine don't. 
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

exrider

It's hard to explain but I put the front tire against the side of the trailer and hit the gas and the bike spins sideways into place. If you don't have reverse unloading is a bit harder. Most of the time I slide them on the skid plate over the side.
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine