OK from what I hear steering stabilizers are amazing and once you get one you wont ever want to go without it. Is this true? From what I hear hitting little stumps or bumps won't jerk your handle bars with a steering stabilizer. Whoever has one or has ridden a ATV with one please let me know you opinion on them. Thanks.
worth every penny! ;)
Alright cool so its deffinatley worth getting. My next question would be what brand would be best and lower cost. Elka & Precision Racing are the 2 brands that I know of. They are over $400.
Id say Precision from what I have heard is the best by far. Trx450Racer has one and loves it from what I hear.
I ride at Croom a lot do you think its worth it? Or only if I were to do MX racing?
I have a pep steering stabalizer, I think it was like 60 bucks and it has helped alot. My dad has one like that too but he says the precision is much better. For now you should just get the, I guess its kinda like a stick looking thing, or if you have the money the precision is the way to go.
I found a Denton Racing for $179. Thats more of my range in price. Not sure how good it is. http://store.albaaction.com/shop/D2050-400EX.html (http://store.albaaction.com/shop/D2050-400EX.html)
You definately need to ride a quad w/ it, words wont describe the feel and plus you can decide if thats what your looking for,,,,I would like to tell you buy it and you will love it but I don't know how aggressive a rider you are.....See if you can ride someones who has it and feel it for yourself....
They are nice to have......
Any stick style one will be an amazing difference. You don't need a $500 one. you will be happy with whatever you get.
quadracer1992 yours was more like $150 not $60.
Good to hear that its an great thing to have. Well aggressiveness I do about 60MPH over the whoops on some trails and I try to ride faster than 450's. So I guess I'm somewhat aggressive?
i have this one on my bike. scroll down on the page you will see it. for the price and style you cant beat it! http://www.triumphmotorsports.com/ (http://www.triumphmotorsports.com/)
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on June 30, 2007, 02:14:06 PM
Any stick style one will be an amazing difference. You don't need a $500 one. you will be happy with whatever you get.
quadracer1992 yours was more like $150 not $60.
Oh, well I dont know whatever. But it works.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK the one you have looks like its a really good quality for a good price under $200. :)
Quote from: FoxHondaRider on June 30, 2007, 02:45:01 PM
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK the one you have looks like its a really good quality for a good price under $200. :)
it works great too. also there is no binding where the stabilizer connects to the steering stem mount.
For the money, Dentons are great stabilizers.
I was going to get a stabilizer for my girlfriends quad for her birthday, but she was like..."Nah, the rest of the girls will laugh at me and think I'm a wuss".
Quote from: UncleRico on June 30, 2007, 03:02:34 PM
I was going to get a stabilizer for my girlfriends quad for her birthday, but she was like..."Nah, the rest of the girls will laugh at me and think I'm a wuss".
well if my girlfriend was 6'4" 260 she wouldnt need one either! lol J/K
i just saw this one and figured it looks good atleast
http://nossmachine.com/steeringstabilizers.htm
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on June 30, 2007, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on June 30, 2007, 03:02:34 PM
I was going to get a stabilizer for my girlfriends quad for her birthday, but she was like..."Nah, the rest of the girls will laugh at me and think I'm a wuss".
well if my girlfriend was 6'4" 260 she wouldnt need one either! lol J/K
OH SNAP!
BURN!
Quote from: UncleRico on June 30, 2007, 03:08:50 PM
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on June 30, 2007, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on June 30, 2007, 03:02:34 PM
I was going to get a stabilizer for my girlfriends quad for her birthday, but she was like..."Nah, the rest of the girls will laugh at me and think I'm a wuss".
well if my girlfriend was 6'4" 260 she wouldnt need one either! lol J/K
OH SNAP!
BURN!
BIG BURN.
http://www.werproducts.net/quad.php
Cake to rebuild and easy adjustments not as much as the precision and elka but just as good and I have loved it since!
There worth it. You probably wont notice the difference when you put it on, but you will feel the difference the next day. My stabilizer popped off a few days ago on the track. The steering was much looser and harder to control.
So to me its a great investment. I don't care to spend over $200 for a steering stabilizer. Also mounting them. They will work fine and just bold on using the stock steering stem right? Theres no holes I have to drill or brackets I have to weld I assume. Its just a bolt on thing.
Yes simple bolt on part.
I have a Scotts/Ohlins on my street bike (ZX-9r) and it is WELL worth the $$$ I paid. Keep in mind, on a street bike, you're not constantly hitting roots, stumps & whoops... so imagine how mush improvement you'll see on a quad.
I'm planning on getting the precision unit as soon as I can convince the g/f that it's not just another "fluff" accessory.
Tony
I have the Olins and Love it!!! Best thing I added to the KQ.
My friends 400ex he added 450R shocks and the steering stabilizer of his streetbike and it worked. I think after I get exhaust I will definitely be getting the steering stabilizer!
i have been trying to decide whether i should get one or not after reading this i think i just might order one lol.....
i also have a question,how often do you have to rebuild them??
since were on the topic of these things, does anybody know where to get one for a dirt bike for less than $450.00? i have looked and looked and cant seem to find a cheaper one. i had one on a DR-Z and loved it but i dont know if i loved it that much. thats alot of gas, gatorade, and oil to go ridin with.
Quote from: Hondabeefast on July 01, 2007, 07:39:37 PM
i have been trying to decide whether i should get one or not after reading this i think i just might order one lol.....
i also have a question,how often do you have to rebuild them??
In my case never....I dont get to ride as often as I would like :( Actually about every 500 hours of riding.
Quote from: Hondabeefast on July 01, 2007, 07:39:37 PM
i also have a question,how often do you have to rebuild them??
The one on my streetbike has about 2.5 years/20,000 miles on it & still seems fine, but I'd think the constant pounding of off-road riding would require more frequent attention.
Tony
anyone else have an opinion or like to suggest another brand? thank you every one for your help