I have always wanted to make it to I-75 from the Holey lands parking lot, and come out the boat ramp. Came close today, within 1.5 miles.
Found this poor guy. Thought about how cool a turtle helmet would be!!
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/IMG_3963.jpg)
I left him, bet it is illegal to take em..
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/IMG_3964.jpg)
Another dead softshell. Vultures ran away, so no cool pic.
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/Image1.jpg)
Pretty far out!!
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/IMG_3984.jpg)
Survey maker on bridge.
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/IMG_4024.jpg)
Poor dead bastard. WTF is the rope on his neck, 12' er.
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/IMG_3996.jpg)
Hey buddy:
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/IMG_4009.jpg)
WELL, WELL, WELL: Crap
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/stop.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/IMG_3987.jpg)
Cool pictures!
NICE LOOKING PICTURES. MAN ID LIKE TO GO WAYYY OUT THERE LIEK THAT. IVE NEVER BEEN ANY WHERE NEAR THAT FAR.
I'm going to take a guess that the first pic was an accident and the guy is not actually operating the quad without a helmet right?
Id@
Quote from: Ida_Mann on March 27, 2007, 10:38:35 AM
I'm going to take a guess that the first pic was an accident and the guy is not actually operating the quad without a helmet right?
Id@
Hehe, it was immobile, that is for sure..no riding going on there...but gone none the less.
No comments on the 12' gator with a rope around his neck?
I sure wanted the head and claws from Wally, and the turtle. Am I correct both would get me in jail?
Here are a few more:
Main road..you decide. :)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/mrIMG_3958.jpg)
GPS, my best friend..:)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/ennIMG_3987-1.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/endlessIMG_3969.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeyland3262077/ennIMG_3987.jpg)
This was yesterday? After the rains of the past few days? Cool. Sounds like a good time for a night ride and I'm off from work all next week!
Quote from: AintSkeered on March 27, 2007, 06:07:31 PM
This was yesterday? After the rains of the past few days? Cool. Sounds like a good time for a night ride and I'm off from work all next week!
Yup!!!! 3/26/07 I got 1.6" of rain here off I-75 in Davie. You sure couldn't tell out there!!
What kind of idiot Ropes an aligator and leaves the tail......................
Killed for no reason, When is aligator season? Wrong time of year for gator isn't it?
Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on March 28, 2007, 09:48:48 PM
What kind of idiot Ropes an aligator and leaves the tail......................
Killed for no reason, When is aligator season? Wrong time of year for gator isn't it?
I have no idea. I can't believe they only wanted one claw.
I don't figure getting tangled in that rope did em in. He smelled a few days
old at most.
It sucks that it is illegal to take a carcass like that.
Freaking sickening to see that gator just laying there killed intentionally and I'm sure w/o permit. You wouldnt' want that tail even if it were legal considering it smelled old. Beautiful area though and some good pics other than the poched gator.
Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on March 28, 2007, 09:48:48 PM
What kind of idiot Ropes an aligator and leaves the tail......................
Killed for no reason, When is aligator season? Wrong time of year for gator isn't it?
gator season to hunt with permits was August 15, 2006 - November 2006 .... That definetly looks like the work of some poachers due to the fact that the number of permits issued for Rotenburg & Holeylands were very limited... I think there was only like 20 if that.... But the poachers are another reason we are going to have such a hard time trying to keep areas like holeylands open to ATV's & Buggy's ......
Quote from: QT314 on March 29, 2007, 12:32:56 AM
Freaking sickening to see that gator just laying there killed intentionally and I'm sure w/o permit. You wouldnt' want that tail even if it were legal considering it smelled old. Beautiful area though and some good pics other than the poched gator.
aint nothing wrong with old tail as long as the skin is still in decent shape.
:o
Id@
I've had some older tail many times in my life and always enjoyed it. ::)
Quote from: QT314 on March 29, 2007, 12:32:56 AM
Freaking sickening to see that gator just laying there killed intentionally and I'm sure w/o permit. You wouldnt' want that tail even if it were legal considering it smelled old. Beautiful area though and some good pics other than the poched gator.
Thanks, it is a great place to get away from old Lauderdale.
That head and the claws would have made a nice prize. :)
Quote from: Anoriginal on March 30, 2007, 08:39:46 AM
I've had some older tail many times in my life and always enjoyed it. ::)
Hahaha..
Wow it is really dry, can't believe you made it to that bridge. Did you go over to the other side? That really stinks w/the gator, people are idiots. The snapper turtle says it all, it is friggin dry. Really shows how bad we need the rain. We have alot plans lately to go to our camp, so we wont be out to the Holey Lands for a while, but perhaps we will make a run before it starts to rain. Must be hot as hell out there right now though....
Quote from: cheropride on April 03, 2007, 10:13:55 AM
Wow it is really dry, can't believe you made it to that bridge. Did you go over to the other side? That really stinks w/the gator, people are idiots. The snapper turtle says it all, it is friggin dry. Really shows how bad we need the rain. We have alot plans lately to go to our camp, so we wont be out to the Holey Lands for a while, but perhaps we will make a run before it starts to rain. Must be hot as hell out there right now though....
;) I told you I ride where mere mortals dream of... haha
Yes, it is dry. Very nice out there now. It is what 80, that is my favorite temperature. Went way over the bridge. I was trying to reach the boat ramp on the alley, but I came across those no vehicle signs 1.5 miles away and was unclear on the deal. A trail seemed to skirt them, but my buddy wanted to leave so we turned around.
I was thinking, the snappers hide would make a cool chest protector to go with the turtle helmet..haha
I'm having a hard time not taking a quick run out there right now..
hey once you park on the side of the narrow bridge what direction did you travel in theses pics?from the rarking area