This Monday holey lands ride is becoming regular. TODAY was a good one!

Started by JackL, March 26, 2007, 10:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

I have always wanted to make it to I-75 from the Holey lands parking lot, and come out the boat ramp. Came close today, within 1.5 miles.


Found this poor guy. Thought about how cool a turtle helmet would be!!


I left him, bet it is illegal to take em..


Another dead softshell. Vultures ran away, so no cool pic.


Pretty far out!!


Survey maker on bridge.


Poor dead bastard. WTF is the rope on his neck, 12' er.


Hey buddy:


WELL, WELL, WELL: Crap


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

PLAYBOY_400

NICE LOOKING PICTURES. MAN ID LIKE TO GO WAYYY OUT THERE LIEK THAT. IVE NEVER BEEN ANY WHERE NEAR THAT FAR.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

Ida_Mann

I'm going to take a guess that the first pic was an accident and the guy is not actually operating the quad without a helmet right?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

JackL

Quote from: Ida_Mann on March 27, 2007, 10:38:35 AM
I'm going to take a guess that the first pic was an accident and the guy is not actually operating the quad without a helmet right?

Id@

Hehe, it was immobile, that is for sure..no riding going on there...but gone none the less.

No comments on the 12' gator with a rope around his neck?

I sure wanted the head and claws from Wally, and the turtle. Am I correct both would get me in jail?
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

Here are a few more:

Main road..you decide. :)



GPS, my best friend..:)










The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AintSkeered

This was yesterday? After the rains of the past few days? Cool. Sounds like a good time for a night ride and I'm off from work all next week!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

JackL

Quote from: AintSkeered on March 27, 2007, 06:07:31 PM
This was yesterday? After the rains of the past few days? Cool. Sounds like a good time for a night ride and I'm off from work all next week!

Yup!!!! 3/26/07  I got 1.6" of rain here off I-75 in Davie. You sure couldn't tell out there!!

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Inyourdraft2000

What kind of idiot Ropes an aligator and leaves the tail......................
Killed for no reason, When is aligator season? Wrong time of year for gator isn't it?
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

JackL

Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on March 28, 2007, 09:48:48 PM
What kind of idiot Ropes an aligator and leaves the tail......................
Killed for no reason, When is aligator season? Wrong time of year for gator isn't it?

I have no idea. I can't believe they only wanted one claw.
I don't figure getting tangled in that rope did em in. He smelled a few days
old at most.
It sucks that it is illegal to take a carcass like that.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

qt314nfla

Freaking sickening to see that gator just laying there killed intentionally and I'm sure w/o permit.  You wouldnt' want that tail even if it were legal considering it smelled old.  Beautiful area though and some good pics other than the poched gator.

FORD4X4GIRL

Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on March 28, 2007, 09:48:48 PM
What kind of idiot Ropes an aligator and leaves the tail......................
Killed for no reason, When is aligator season? Wrong time of year for gator isn't it?


gator season to hunt with permits was August 15, 2006 - November 2006 .... That definetly looks like the work of some poachers due to the fact that the number of permits issued for Rotenburg & Holeylands were very limited... I think there was only like 20 if that.... But the poachers are another reason we are going to have such a hard time trying to keep areas like holeylands open to ATV's & Buggy's ......
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

Ida_Mann

Quote from: QT314 on March 29, 2007, 12:32:56 AM
Freaking sickening to see that gator just laying there killed intentionally and I'm sure w/o permit.  You wouldnt' want that tail even if it were legal considering it smelled old.  Beautiful area though and some good pics other than the poched gator.

aint nothing wrong with old tail as long as the skin is still in decent shape.

:o

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Anoriginal

I've had some older tail many times in my life and always enjoyed it.  ::)

JackL

Quote from: QT314 on March 29, 2007, 12:32:56 AM
Freaking sickening to see that gator just laying there killed intentionally and I'm sure w/o permit.  You wouldnt' want that tail even if it were legal considering it smelled old.  Beautiful area though and some good pics other than the poched gator.

Thanks, it is a great place to get away from old Lauderdale.

That head and the claws would have made a nice prize. :)



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

cheropride

Wow it is really dry, can't believe you made it to that bridge.  Did you go over to the other side?  That really stinks w/the gator, people are idiots.  The snapper turtle says it all, it is friggin dry.  Really shows how bad we need the rain. We have alot plans lately to go to our camp, so we wont be out to the Holey Lands for a while, but perhaps we will make a run before it starts to rain.  Must be hot as hell out there right now though....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

JackL

Quote from: cheropride on April 03, 2007, 10:13:55 AM
Wow it is really dry, can't believe you made it to that bridge.  Did you go over to the other side?  That really stinks w/the gator, people are idiots.  The snapper turtle says it all, it is friggin dry.  Really shows how bad we need the rain. We have alot plans lately to go to our camp, so we wont be out to the Holey Lands for a while, but perhaps we will make a run before it starts to rain.  Must be hot as hell out there right now though....

;)  I told you I ride where mere mortals dream of... haha

Yes, it is dry. Very nice out there now. It is what 80, that is my favorite temperature. Went way over the bridge. I was trying to reach the boat ramp on the alley, but I came across those no vehicle signs 1.5 miles away and was unclear on the deal. A trail seemed to skirt them, but my buddy wanted to leave so we turned around.

I was thinking, the snappers hide would make a cool chest protector to go with the turtle helmet..haha

I'm having a hard time not taking a quick run out there right now..



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

miassmaro98

hey once you park on the side of the narrow bridge what direction did you travel in theses pics?from the rarking area
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com