My dad was looking at those new dodge megacabs. We were trying to get an idea what kinda gas mieage the HEMI gets. If anybody has a hemi (dosent have to be a megacab, reg too) we would like to know. any info would be appreciated.
well, my Ford hemi gets about 19MPG on the highway with the 5.4L V-8 :N
Id@
I have a 2004 Dodge Quad 4x4 w/ Hemi. I average 12.5 in the city and about 15-16 hwy.
12/15 according to the govt. Check out this site: http://www.fueleconomy.gov (http://www.fueleconomy.gov)
jayman you get 15-16 highway?! wow thats good for a hemi. My dad does alot of highway driving with his work and was worried that it would suck up to much gas. well thanks guys for the input so far.
If you get a 2wd the mileage will be better. My GMC Z71 4X4 5.3 with a 6" lift, with 305/70's gets 14MPH going back and forth to work. Some highway and some city.
yeah he is getting a 2wd. He isnt going to lift it up or anything like that. At the most, tires, but nothing big b/c like i said he does alot of highway driving with work.
Try Gallon per mile. Seriously though, with the 4x4 package you're looking at 13mpg probably depending on how you drive. Also, mega cab only comes on the 2500 I think, so maybe get the Diesel cause I think it get's better gas mileage.
they have a 1500. we looked at them yesterday. he isnt gettin 4x4. we need a truck with a big back seat and he likes dodge. The diesel cost 5000 more for the motor and diesel gas prices are higher
The Ram I have is a 1500 and it is a quad cab. i am usually on the pedal pretty hard and always get atleast 12mpg in the city. My father has the same yaer,make and model with standard tires (I have 33's) and he averages 13-14 mpg in the city.
You won't get 12 city/15 highway unless you drive like an old man. Oops, I'm an old man and I get 10/12 and less when towing my ATVs or PWCs w/passengers.
I got a ford diesel. I drive the piss out of my truck and still get 17 mpg, if I'm easy on the pedal 20 is easily do-able, city/ highway combo. On the highway if i cruise at 70 it gets like 24. I get 17 going to work, hard on the gas off the lights and going fast on the highway, diesel is the only way to go. I will never get a gas again.
I get about 12 to 14 on interstate...
i would suggest gettin a toyota and if ur against jap cars get a ford. dodges arent very reliable from our past experiences.
Gm's get the best gas mileage of all the full size trucks.
Quote from: Z400BADBOY on June 29, 2006, 12:53:34 AM
I get about 12 to 14 on interstate...
what kind of truck do you have?
HEMI/GAS MILAGE?? they are actually used in the same sentence? that is almost like Jumbo Shrimp or Little Big Town ;)
Quote from: fox17 on June 29, 2006, 01:39:04 AM
i would suggest gettin a toyota and if ur against jap cars get a ford. dodges arent very reliable from our past experiences.
Ok....I have read enough about you and yor d*mn yota's...Any post asking about cars..Toyota this and that.
What are you a saleman for toyota?
Are Toyota's supposed to be better than everything else manufactured?
If thats the reason I highly disagree.
My family alone owns a dozen chevies w/ well over 200K miles that have not had a wrench to them. And I've had a few that i beat the piss out of and never quit on me...But my Jap. Made Nissan blown an engine...
Its all about how you take care of your vehicle..Too many people are reading magazines thinking ohh..we should buy this or that car..American cars suck
Well keep buying your Japanese
vehicles..and while your at it move to Japan.. Burn an american flag or 2 and lets just grant all the illegals amnesty. We shoudl love homo's and God doesn't exist..
I'm sorry for ranting but I am tried of readin this B. S.
BTW..
If your looking for Hemi gas mileage (which its not even a true hemi) Your gonna look at about 12-15...not the greatest..
IMO Diesel is the best way to go...the inital cost is higher but the price saved in the long run off sets it..
And for whoever said Diesel Gas prices..NO..Its Diesel Fuel...
Your right on the gas milage .the company I work for has about 40 for service trucks and none of the ones with the hemi get over 13 but the magnum motors are getting about 16.1.and the air in the dodges suck buy a ford .
Quote from: blupits04 on June 29, 2006, 05:23:43 AM
dodges suck buy a ford .
WWW.BOYCOTTFORD.COM (http://www.boycottford.com)