does anybody know how much gas mileage a HEMI gets?

Started by Cory1020, June 28, 2006, 03:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory1020

My dad was looking at those new dodge megacabs. We were trying to get an idea what kinda gas mieage the HEMI gets. If anybody has a hemi (dosent have to be a megacab, reg too) we would like to know. any info would be appreciated. 
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Ida_Mann

well, my Ford hemi gets about 19MPG on the highway with the 5.4L V-8  :N

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jayman

I have a 2004 Dodge Quad 4x4 w/ Hemi.  I average 12.5 in the city and about 15-16 hwy.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Cory1020

jayman you get 15-16 highway?! wow thats good for a hemi. My dad does alot of highway driving with his work and was worried that it would suck up to much gas. well thanks guys for the input so far.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

TRX450R_Racer

If you get a 2wd the mileage will be better. My GMC Z71 4X4 5.3 with a 6" lift, with 305/70's gets 14MPH going back and forth to work. Some highway and some city.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Cory1020

yeah he is getting a 2wd. He isnt going to lift it up or anything like that. At the most, tires, but nothing big b/c like i said he does alot of highway driving with work.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

MachineDog

Try Gallon per mile. Seriously though, with the 4x4 package you're looking at 13mpg probably depending on how you drive. Also, mega cab only comes on the 2500 I think, so maybe get the Diesel cause I think it get's better gas mileage.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Cory1020

they have a 1500. we looked at them yesterday. he isnt gettin 4x4. we need a truck with a big back seat and he likes dodge. The diesel cost 5000 more for the motor and diesel gas prices are higher
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

jayman

The Ram I have is a 1500 and it is a quad cab.  i am usually on the pedal pretty hard and always get atleast 12mpg in the city.  My father has the same yaer,make and model with standard tires (I have 33's) and he averages 13-14 mpg in the city.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

AintSkeered

You won't get 12 city/15 highway unless you drive like an old man. Oops, I'm an old man and I get 10/12 and less when towing my ATVs or PWCs w/passengers.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Exmx54

I got a ford diesel. I drive the piss out of my truck and still get 17 mpg, if I'm easy on the pedal 20 is easily do-able, city/ highway combo. On the highway if i cruise at 70 it gets like 24. I get 17 going to work, hard on the gas off the lights and going fast on the highway, diesel is the only way to go. I will never get a gas again.

Z400BADBOY

YOSHIMURA EXHAUST
FLY CHROME HANDLEBARS
DYNO JETTED 155
AC NERFS
AC BUMPER
OURY GRIPS
2 STAGE RACE READY FILTER
EHS AIR BOX KIT
REAR HOLESHOTS
ITP RIMS

Fox17

i would suggest gettin a toyota and if ur against jap cars get a ford. dodges arent very reliable from our past experiences.

trx#9

Gm's get the best gas mileage of all the full size trucks.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Cory1020

99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Chuck_Norris

HEMI/GAS MILAGE?? they are actually used in the same sentence? that is almost like Jumbo Shrimp or Little Big Town ;)

Pro52R

Quote from: fox17 on June 29, 2006, 01:39:04 AM
i would suggest gettin a toyota and if ur against jap cars get a ford. dodges arent very reliable from our past experiences.


Ok....I have read enough about you and yor d*mn yota's...Any post asking about cars..Toyota this and that.

What are you a saleman for toyota?

Are Toyota's supposed to be better than everything else manufactured?

If thats the reason I highly disagree.

My family alone owns a dozen chevies w/ well over 200K miles that have not had a wrench to them. And I've had a few that i beat the piss out of and never quit on me...But my Jap. Made Nissan blown an engine...

Its all about how you take care of your vehicle..Too many people are reading magazines thinking ohh..we should buy this or that car..American cars suck

Well keep buying your Japanese
vehicles..and while your at it move to Japan.. Burn an american flag or 2 and lets just grant all the illegals amnesty. We shoudl love homo's and God doesn't exist..

I'm sorry for ranting but I am tried of readin this B. S.

BTW..

If your looking for Hemi gas mileage (which its not even a true hemi) Your gonna look at about 12-15...not the greatest..

IMO Diesel is the best way to go...the inital cost is higher but the price saved in the long run off sets it..

And for whoever said Diesel Gas prices..NO..Its Diesel Fuel...
[url="http://www.fuelslut.net/hosting/uploads/profilepic.JPG"]http://www.fuelslut.net/hosting/uploads/profilepic.JPG[/url]

blupits04

Your right on the gas milage .the company I work for has about 40 for service trucks and none of the ones with the hemi get over 13 but the magnum motors are getting about 16.1.and the air in the dodges suck buy a ford .
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]