Well my Fiance went and found her " Perfect dress" on wensday. Went back sunday for fitment, Go back thursday to put a downpayment. Well Stupid me I never asked for the price, I just assumed it would be like 300-500 bucks. WELL I WAS WRONG. Her dress cost so much that the bridal shop gave me a free suit and we either get two free airline tickets anywhere in the US or they will match any Cruise I buy. So if I go out and book a cruise that cost me 750, they'll Match it...... What have I gotten myself into............ I needed to vent :D
I would tell them if they can pay for two airlines tickets as a bonus for buying the dress then they could just take off that much money or I would not buy the dress.
P.S. this is only the begining, you can call it off now. LOL
LMAO... thats why you go to places like Davids Bridal. Most of thier dresses are under $1000 and are gorgeous ;) No free airline tickets needed, lol
Run man run, don't do it. Another end of a beautiful romance. RUN RUN RUN ;)
you think that it is expensive now, just remember it is cheaper to keep her..LOL
tell her the dress is out of yalls budg............wait a second, I thought it was her parents place to pay for the wedding ??? if your paying for it i would just say that it is out of yalls budget and if she argues with you then she is not for you. she will always be high maintenence.
Dreth and Chuck_Norris are both right!!
Thing is, you aint stuck yet!!!
At this point in the game it's gonna be cheaper to blaze.
If they want to give you a free vacation for buying a dress............RUN AWAY!!!
LISTEN TO MOOSE!!!!!!!!
RUN FOREST, RUN
Quote from: Moose on February 14, 2006, 06:35:34 AM
Run man run, don't do it. Another end of a beautiful romance. RUN RUN RUN ;)
couldnt have said it any better. ;D
We are getting it from Davids Bridal. And for her parents paying? Thier deadbeats...... She isnt High Maintance, Its just she has had a pretty rough life, like myself so I feel its my responsibility to make her feel like the angel that she is............... But this stuff does cost lots..... can you say prenup?
Quote from: SlowestYfz450 on February 14, 2006, 08:54:12 AM
We are getting it from Davids Bridal. And for her parents paying? Thier deadbeats...... She isnt High Maintance, Its just she has had a pretty rough life, like myself so I feel its my responsibility to make her feel like the angel that she is............... But this stuff does cost lots..... can you say prenup?
dont listen to these guys! good for you! congradulations!!! :ThumbsUp.gif :Clap.gif
I hear ya man! My fiancee's parents are paying for just about everything but somehow I am seeing hundreds flying out of my pockets for stupid stuff and then thousands for the honeymoon. My problem is I like to spoil her. I couldn't settle for just a week long cruise I had to have a fancy hotel(Ritz-Carlton Atlanta) after the wedding and a fancy hotel before the cruise for 2 nights. This whole thing keeps me broke, but its worth it.
dude hate to break it too you, but my fiancee did not buy her dress there, and i got a free tuxedo and the same cruise special. It is a special they are running. We are getting married march 18th. Our wedding is costing app. 15k - 20k, so get your wallet ready. It is not cheap. Oh by the way, where is your location? I would be more than glad to give you some of the information that we did for all the support for the wedding. Oh we are having 200 guest and we have a wedding planner, well worth the money.
Is everyone gettin cruise specials? looks like I got screwed outta that deal somehow, lol.
I picked a dress from the year prior and got it 1/2 price :o
This was quite awhile ago, but I sure they still do that sort of thing :dunno.gif No one will know it is from last year.
It was/is beautiful ;D
I have to cut a check this week for 3k for our wedding includes flowers , food, place to have ceremony, music, professional photagrapher..ect , seating for 40 is the only drawback..oh well more money for the Reception :drink.gif
Arent you like 16?
Who ?
When we got married she went to a local thrift store and she found a dress that someone had started making and did not finish. It was almost comeplete except the vail and a few other spots. She took it to a seamstress and had it finished and it was gorgeous. Her sister bought it from her and she got married in it also. Total $150 and she sold it for almost that used. It may have not costed a lot but was just as nice as any other, especially since we had to pay for everything also.
gotta go to david's bridal or after hours when they are running the cruise special, which is like all the time. We had a cruise given to us as a gift, 10 days in hiawii (however you spell it). Her dress was 1/2 off, the place she got her dress from was closing. I just want all you guys getting married, I do feel your pain with you. I just finished paying off her engagement ring, and we don't even want to get into details about that. can we say, one nice drag bike i could own.
If you think a wedding is expensive, wait until you get a baby. The wedding is a one time thing, but kids are forever. Don't get me wrong, having a family is great, but it ain't cheap, just know what you are getting into.
One piece of advice: if you want anything, buy it before you get married.
Good luck! Best wishes.
Quote from: Honda328i on February 14, 2006, 03:27:21 PM
If you think a wedding is expensive, wait until you get a baby. The wedding is a one time thing, but kids are forever. Don't get me wrong, having a family is great, but it ain't cheap, just know what you are getting into.
One piece of advice: if you want anything, buy it before you get married.
Good luck! Best wishes.
You aint kidding there. I told my wife a while back that if we could just get rid of the 3 kids that we could both be driving mercedes and I could also have a 3/4 ton diesel to pull the toys with. Needless to say, I was in the doghouse for a while for that comment. ;D
:M :M :M
(http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4603/bewareofdog0il.jpg)
I can see myself biulding my Dog house to be around 900Sq ft. ;)
Like yunt said, I found my wedding dress in a thrift store in parts, paid 25.00 and then had it put together and fitted, it was worth about 800.00 (15 years ago) had beads and a long train, but it was cheap in cost,
Good luck on spending that money, but you better start saving for the kids,lol
Quote from: Want2Ride2 on February 14, 2006, 06:22:24 PM
but you better start saving for the kids,lol
you got that right. my son just got a z400 and i'm peddling around on a warrior.....
go figure.
p.s. i wouldnt have it any other way. i live for my children ;D
I think I'll by pass the whole formal wedding thing if/when that day comes. Think I'd rather be in MX gear or cammo on our quads in the woods w/ friends. Sounds kind of redneck but it's better on the budget. Especially since my parents won't be paying for any of it.
Now the honeymoon....that's where I'd rather spend the funds.
Good luck with whatever your outcome is. I wish for happiness and longevity in your marriage.
Quote from: gery350 on February 14, 2006, 06:32:36 PM
Quote from: Want2Ride2 on February 14, 2006, 06:22:24 PM
but you better start saving for the kids,lol
you got that right. my son just got a z400 and i'm peddling around on a warrior.....
go figure.
p.s. i wouldnt have it any other way. i live for my children ;D
and i thank you again dad, but it isnt the actual quad that makes me thank you or love you even more, just the thought of you wanting to get me one was enough, i mean , who'm im kidden, my grades arent the bestm and i dont help around the house THAT much, yet you still do what you can to make me happy,and for that i love you and mom more then anyone on earth!!!!!!
the quad was nice too, you can ride it whenever :D
congrats on the wedding!
Well good luck to you both.............No horror stories on our kids wedding....dirtygirl80 and spacerider..........she found an awesome dress (which she wanted to get herself) and Hoss400 and myself were more than happy to pay for the wedding and reception (Starlight Princess Paddle Boat out of ST Pete Beach).............it's all about what your willing to do...............for a LIFETIME of togetherness...................lol
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on February 14, 2006, 10:11:28 PM
Quote from: gery350 on February 14, 2006, 06:32:36 PM
Quote from: Want2Ride2 on February 14, 2006, 06:22:24 PM
but you better start saving for the kids,lol
you got that right. my son just got a z400 and i'm peddling around on a warrior.....
go figure.
p.s. i wouldnt have it any other way. i live for my children ;D
and i thank you again dad, but it isnt the actual quad that makes me thank you or love you even more, just the thought of you wanting to get me one was enough, i mean , who'm im kidden, my grades arent the bestm and i dont help around the house THAT much, yet you still do what you can to make me happy,and for that i love you and mom more then anyone on earth!!!!!!
the quad was nice too, you can ride it whenever :D
Man I hope if/when my fiance and I have kids that our relationship is like you're fathers and you'res. We had to settle a not so good car so that we could better afford the wedding. its gunna cost us about 100-150 a week untill wedding date to afford everything..... But all in all I think its worth it. I would do anything to make her happy, thats my job. Now I gotta decide on what kinda quad she needs when the time comes. gotta be slow and automatic, i was thinking just about any honda out there should do the job :P
Note to the dog housers, HGTV Sweepstakes, custom dog house is a prize ::)
i was thinking about biulding a dog house with a 13'' TV, DVD player, microwave, 4^ft fridge, twin bed and love seat. My chiuawawa(sp?) should love it :)
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on February 14, 2006, 10:11:28 PM
Quote from: gery350 on February 14, 2006, 06:32:36 PM
Quote from: Want2Ride2 on February 14, 2006, 06:22:24 PM
but you better start saving for the kids,lol
you got that right. my son just got a z400 and i'm peddling around on a warrior.....
go figure.
p.s. i wouldnt have it any other way. i live for my children ;D
and i thank you again dad, but it isnt the actual quad that makes me thank you or love you even more, just the thought of you wanting to get me one was enough, i mean , who'm im kidden, my grades arent the bestm and i dont help around the house THAT much, yet you still do what you can to make me happy,and for that i love you and mom more then anyone on earth!!!!!!
the quad was nice too, you can ride it whenever :D
congrats on the wedding!
After reading this i am trying to figure out what you did wrong, or what mod you need. J/K its nice to see yall have such a good relationship.
I must say it took me by surprise, I went WOW. A young person being grateful for what mom and dad have done. It has brightened my day I tell ya. My hats off to you.
Hey you two love birds, I was only kidding. I wish you both all the happiness the world can offer. I have to admit my wedding day is still the best day of my life, though she's gone. ;D
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on February 14, 2006, 10:11:28 PM
and i thank you again dad, but it isnt the actual quad that makes me thank you or love you even more, just the thought of you wanting to get me one was enough, i mean , who'm im kidden, my grades arent the bestm and i dont help around the house THAT much, yet you still do what you can to make me happy,and for that i love you and mom more then anyone on earth!!!!!!
the quad was nice too, you can ride it whenever :D
[/quote]
Wow is right Moose, there's a kid who has his head screwed on right. It's not often a kid appreciates his parents until he has his own kids.
:Clap.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif klutch !
I apreciate everything my mom has done for me. She has givin up so much for me, something I dont know if I could do for anyone. I have given up stuff for my mom but nothing like she has. Kids need to start apreciating thier parents more and stop taking them for granted. Or someone needs to start smacking them when they talk back ahha