Wedding= lots of $$$$$$$

Started by SlowestYfz450, February 14, 2006, 12:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowestYfz450

Well my Fiance went and found her " Perfect dress" on wensday. Went back sunday for fitment, Go back thursday to put a downpayment. Well Stupid me I never asked for the price, I just assumed it would be like 300-500 bucks. WELL I WAS WRONG. Her dress cost so much that the bridal shop gave me a free suit and we either get two free airline tickets anywhere in the US or they will match any Cruise I buy. So if I go out and book a cruise that cost me 750, they'll Match it...... What have I gotten myself into............ I needed to vent :D

yunt2ride

I would tell them if they can pay for two airlines tickets as a bonus for buying the dress then they could just take off that much money or I would not buy the dress.


P.S. this is only the begining, you can call it off now. LOL
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

SkyHighT100

LMAO... thats why you go to places like Davids Bridal. Most of thier dresses are under $1000 and are gorgeous ;) No free airline tickets needed, lol
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Moose

Run man run, don't do it. Another end of a beautiful romance.   RUN  RUN  RUN  ;)
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Chuck_Norris

#4
you think that it is expensive now, just remember it is cheaper to keep her..LOL

dreth

tell her the dress is out of yalls budg............wait a second, I thought it was her parents place to pay for the wedding ???  if your paying for it i would just say that it is out of yalls budget and if she argues with you then she is not for you. she will always be  high maintenence.

Bo322

Dreth and Chuck_Norris are both right!!

Thing is, you aint stuck yet!!!

At this point in the game it's gonna be cheaper to blaze.

If they want to give you a free vacation for buying a dress............RUN AWAY!!!



LISTEN TO MOOSE!!!!!!!!




Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Moose on February 14, 2006, 06:35:34 AM
Run man run, don't do it. Another end of a beautiful romance.   RUN  RUN  RUN  ;)


couldnt have said it any better. ;D

SlowestYfz450

We are getting it from Davids Bridal. And for her parents paying? Thier deadbeats...... She isnt High Maintance, Its just she has had a pretty rough life, like myself so I feel its my responsibility to make her feel like the angel that she is............... But this stuff does cost lots..... can you say prenup?

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

Quote from: SlowestYfz450 on February 14, 2006, 08:54:12 AM
We are getting it from Davids Bridal. And for her parents paying? Thier deadbeats...... She isnt High Maintance, Its just she has had a pretty rough life, like myself so I feel its my responsibility to make her feel like the angel that she is............... But this stuff does cost lots..... can you say prenup?

dont listen to these guys! good for you! congradulations!!! :ThumbsUp.gif :Clap.gif
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Bigscrb15

#11
I hear ya man! My fiancee's parents are paying for just about everything but somehow I am seeing hundreds flying out of my pockets for stupid stuff and then thousands for the honeymoon. My problem is I like to spoil her. I couldn't settle for just a week long cruise I had to have a fancy hotel(Ritz-Carlton Atlanta) after the wedding and a fancy hotel before the cruise for 2 nights. This whole thing keeps me broke, but its worth it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Smoknbanshee

dude hate to break it too you, but my fiancee did not buy her dress there, and i got a free tuxedo and the same cruise special.  It is a special they are running.  We are getting married march 18th.  Our wedding is costing app. 15k - 20k, so get your wallet ready.  It is not cheap.  Oh by the way, where is your location?  I would be more than glad to give you some of the information that we did for all the support for the wedding.  Oh we are having 200 guest and we have a wedding planner, well worth the money.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Bigscrb15

Is everyone gettin cruise specials? looks like I got screwed outta that deal somehow, lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

kawGIRL

I picked a dress from the year prior and got it 1/2 price  :o
This was quite awhile ago, but I sure they still do that sort of thing  :dunno.gif  No one will know it is from last year.
It was/is beautiful  ;D
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Joedirt

I have to cut a check this week for 3k for our wedding includes flowers , food, place to have ceremony, music, professional photagrapher..ect , seating for 40 is the only drawback..oh well more money for the Reception :drink.gif
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

o4250


Joedirt

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

yunt2ride

When we got married she went to a local thrift store and she found a dress that someone had started making and did not finish. It was almost comeplete except the vail and a few other spots. She took it to a seamstress and had it finished and it was gorgeous. Her sister bought it from her and she got married in it also. Total $150 and she sold it for almost that used. It may have not costed a lot but was just as nice as any other, especially since we had to pay for everything also.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Smoknbanshee

gotta go to david's bridal or after hours when they are running the cruise special, which is like all the time.  We had a cruise given to us as a gift, 10 days in hiawii  (however you spell it).  Her dress was 1/2 off, the place she got her dress from was closing.  I just want all you guys getting married, I do feel your pain with you.  I just finished paying off her engagement ring, and we don't even want to get into details about that.  can we say, one nice drag bike i could own.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Honda328i

If you think a wedding is expensive, wait until you get a baby.  The wedding is a one time thing, but kids are forever.  Don't get me wrong, having a family is great, but it ain't cheap, just know what you are getting into.

One piece of advice: if you want anything, buy it before you get married. 

Good luck!  Best wishes.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Honda328i on February 14, 2006, 03:27:21 PM
If you think a wedding is expensive, wait until you get a baby.  The wedding is a one time thing, but kids are forever.  Don't get me wrong, having a family is great, but it ain't cheap, just know what you are getting into.

One piece of advice: if you want anything, buy it before you get married. 

Good luck!  Best wishes.

You aint kidding there. I told my wife a while back that if we could just get rid of the 3 kids that we could both be driving mercedes and I could also have a 3/4 ton diesel to pull the toys with. Needless to say, I was in the doghouse for a while for that comment.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

SlowestYfz450

I can see myself biulding my Dog house to be around 900Sq ft. ;)

Want2Ride2

Like yunt said, I found my wedding dress in a thrift store in parts, paid 25.00 and then had it put together and fitted, it was worth about 800.00 (15 years ago) had beads and a long train, but it was cheap in cost,

Good luck on spending that money, but you better start saving for the kids,lol
2001 Polaris Sportsman 500HO 4x4

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com