ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: 2006YFZ450 on February 04, 2006, 03:38:53 AM

Title: Air Box....Help
Post by: 2006YFZ450 on February 04, 2006, 03:38:53 AM
Im trying to take out the silver screen off.  I already have loosen the clamps and it wont come off!  Any help will be appreciated ;D
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: 53yfz450 on February 04, 2006, 03:39:57 AM
are you talking about the air filter ???
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: 2006YFZ450 on February 04, 2006, 03:44:44 AM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on February 04, 2006, 03:39:57 AM
are you talking about the air filter ???

I already took off the air- filter..........

But theirs a steel screen inside it where the air filter screws in.  And im trying to take that off to put my adapter in for my Pro Design....
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: 53yfz450 on February 04, 2006, 03:46:02 AM
oh. well i dont know about that one. never dealed with stock filter. ;)
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on February 04, 2006, 03:47:32 AM
you have to drill out the rivets! ???
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: 2006YFZ450 on February 04, 2006, 03:48:37 AM
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on February 04, 2006, 03:47:32 AM
you have to drill out the rivets! ???

Thanks Maverick ;)

So will the adapter screws fit in the rivet holes????????
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on February 04, 2006, 03:50:32 AM
the bolts in the holes might be a little tight so you might have to drill them out a little bigger! but i will bolt right up.
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: 2006YFZ450 on February 04, 2006, 03:53:26 AM
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on February 04, 2006, 03:50:32 AM
the bolts in the holes might be a little tight so you might have to drill them out a little bigger! but i will bolt right up.

O ok.....Thanks

I'll go and get my drill and see if I can do it right the first time ;)
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: 2006YFZ450 on February 04, 2006, 04:14:15 AM
I give up........... :banghead.gif

I dont have the right drill for the job and dont want to screw anything up ???

I'll just have it done by a pro....... ;D
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: svtbolt04 on February 04, 2006, 06:31:11 PM
Send it to me, I can do it. I installed mine in 15minutes.


You drill out the holes using the specific bit size they recomend in the instructions. You only need a power drill, a steady hand and maybe another person to hold the air box, or a ViseGrip will work.


Good luck.
Title: Re: Air Box....Help
Post by: 2006YFZ450 on February 05, 2006, 01:18:43 AM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on February 04, 2006, 06:31:11 PM
Send it to me, I can do it. I installed mine in 15minutes.


You drill out the holes using the specific bit size they recomend in the instructions. You only need a power drill, a steady hand and maybe another person to hold the air box, or a ViseGrip will work.


Good luck.

Thanks anyways I got it done.................. ;)