Air Box....Help

Started by 2006YFZ450, February 04, 2006, 03:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2006YFZ450

Im trying to take out the silver screen off.  I already have loosen the clamps and it wont come off!  Any help will be appreciated ;D
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

53yfz450

are you talking about the air filter ???
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

2006YFZ450

Quote from: 53yfz450 on February 04, 2006, 03:39:57 AM
are you talking about the air filter ???

I already took off the air- filter..........

But theirs a steel screen inside it where the air filter screws in.  And im trying to take that off to put my adapter in for my Pro Design....
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

53yfz450

oh. well i dont know about that one. never dealed with stock filter. ;)
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

you have to drill out the rivets! ???
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

2006YFZ450

Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on February 04, 2006, 03:47:32 AM
you have to drill out the rivets! ???

Thanks Maverick ;)

So will the adapter screws fit in the rivet holes????????
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

the bolts in the holes might be a little tight so you might have to drill them out a little bigger! but i will bolt right up.
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

2006YFZ450

Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on February 04, 2006, 03:50:32 AM
the bolts in the holes might be a little tight so you might have to drill them out a little bigger! but i will bolt right up.

O ok.....Thanks

I'll go and get my drill and see if I can do it right the first time ;)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

2006YFZ450

I give up........... :banghead.gif

I dont have the right drill for the job and dont want to screw anything up ???

I'll just have it done by a pro....... ;D
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

svtbolt04

Send it to me, I can do it. I installed mine in 15minutes.


You drill out the holes using the specific bit size they recomend in the instructions. You only need a power drill, a steady hand and maybe another person to hold the air box, or a ViseGrip will work.


Good luck.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

2006YFZ450

Quote from: svtbolt04 on February 04, 2006, 06:31:11 PM
Send it to me, I can do it. I installed mine in 15minutes.


You drill out the holes using the specific bit size they recomend in the instructions. You only need a power drill, a steady hand and maybe another person to hold the air box, or a ViseGrip will work.


Good luck.

Thanks anyways I got it done.................. ;)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]