A lot of the people who went on the recent Hump ride are going to get a group ride to the track going, and of course anyone who wants to come really should, it's a lot more fun to ride with friends than alone.
The weekend of February 18th is a three day weekend, that's why I think it's a good weekend.
So far we've got:
Toomey
klutchbuster400
Miami416ex
Sweet Z
wheelie_boy
rancher350kid
chubbyEXboy300
florida400ex
lt2301987
Weather (Still far to know for sure)
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/33440?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/33440?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared)
If we get enough people, we can get some bar-b-que action going and all that.
cant wait to take the z to a REAL track >:D
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on January 18, 2006, 03:00:27 AM
cant wait to take the z to a REAL track >:D
I'll tell ya, it's alot harder in real life than it looks from pics or videos. >:D
Rite Klutch we all know wut happened to you at the hump. But ya im in for the track.
Dude ur never gonna let that one go are you? ROFLmao
Quote from: Toomey on January 18, 2006, 03:07:06 AM
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on January 18, 2006, 03:00:27 AM
cant wait to take the z to a REAL track >:D
I'll tell ya, it's alot harder in real life than it looks from pics or videos. >:D
i've been before ;) it is alot harder, but i have a more track friendly quad now. ;D
Yo know it cuz he talks all day about me and stuff.
Count me in for this one!!! ;D my dad is finally going to take me to the track.man i cant wait.
Alright, added you 2 up on the list. We've got a solid 5 so far. :stoogies.gif
Looks like we will have another good group of people goin.
count me and chubbyEXboy300( he should have a new atv or he will use his 300) also a friend with a 06 crf 450
Man i cant wait ive been wanting to hit a track for so long now..
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 18, 2006, 12:32:07 PM
Yo know it cuz he talks all day about me and stuff.
because you suck :) you ride like gib, and just becuase you fall doesnt mean you suck, you show me a rider that hasnt fallin and ill show you a rider that has'nt done anything.
Dude you are right on that. But I said but ther is a diff on falling doin something and then fallin turning left. Am I right people?
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 19, 2006, 03:05:42 AM
Dude you are right on that. But I said but ther is a diff on falling doin something and then fallin turning left. Am I right people?
when youre turning left going 45mph, yes theirs a difference.
I have heard that the speed was a lot slower. I can not tell you my sources but they are good.
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 19, 2006, 04:24:17 AM
I have heard that the speed was a lot slower. I can not tell you my sources but they are good.
I fall all the time, it's called practice bud. You can't start off a pro. I'll most likely be there.
Im just joshin klutch here cuz he is allways talkin mad crap.
Quote from: florida400ex on January 20, 2006, 02:17:17 PM
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 19, 2006, 04:24:17 AM
I have heard that the speed was a lot slower. I can not tell you my sources but they are good.
I fall all the time, it's called practice bud. You can't start off a pro. I'll most likely be there.
I've fallen there a few times myself. A good 3 or 4 times just the last time I was on my dirt bike there. And then of course the time that I totaly wrecked that medium sized double while riding the Blaster. Hopefully I'll be able to try some bigger jumps on this ride.
When I had a Blaster, jumping was so much eaisier I thought. Just pin and go. It usually stayed level at all corners. But that little bike had no power I tell ya. This 250 is the opposite. It's got enough power to clear any jump there, but I am nowhere near good enough to try. :o
I'm the opposite, I use to race 125, once you get use to a bike which will take a couple months, they are way easier to jump, you only need like half the speed, and when you mess up, you have way more suspension to soak it up.
i gonna be there me and my dad but i dont think my dads gonna ride
Quote from: florida400ex on January 20, 2006, 11:03:51 PM
I'm the opposite, I use to race 125, once you get use to a bike which will take a couple months, they are way easier to jump, you only need like half the speed, and when you mess up, you have way more suspension to soak it up.
The suspension, yes, you got a ton of forgiveness there. And since you've only got two wheels, you eliminate the side to side leveling.
It just seems that it feels really small under me when jumping, and that the front or rear is too high or low.
The slanted table type thing, the finish line on the motocross track, I over did it once, and over shot my little safe landing area, and ended up just going over the bars, I don't know exactly what caused it though. I think the front end was really low. The double tables though I could do. Right as I was taking off the first one, this guy on a Kawasaki 250F flys by me, doing both tables at once. I was so amazed at the sight, how much higher and faster he went off it. Soon I'll be jumping more, the supercross track would be perfect for the jumping practice. Turns, I at least go as fast as I did on the Blaster, which ain't that fast! I've only had the bike for a few months though, and I love it.
i went yesterday, i hope they keep the triple in, they just need to groom the track a bit, the turns were full of ruts and big ditched everywhere.
I might be late if i even make it at all i just found out yesturday that i have football games starting on the first week of feb.
Ill be there. Its goin to be fun.
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 21, 2006, 07:12:29 PM
Ill be there. Its goin to be fun.
i hope they groom the track, jack* the manager, i think thats his name anyways* said the track souldnt be taken cared of untill a few days before the ftr race the 29th. the track was real ruff thursday, ill see how bad it is tomorrow.
Dang, how come you're going so often now?
Ya ill fill yall in tomarow im goin with him. So we will see if he is as good as he says
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 22, 2006, 07:05:46 AM
Ya ill fill yall in tomarow im goin with him. So we will see if he is as good as he says
looks like we didnt get that chance. :'(
No we did not. But for my first time I did not do that bad. Everything still moves, thats allways good
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 23, 2006, 03:25:13 AM
No we did not. But for my first time I did not do that bad. Everything still moves, thats allways good
yeeah you did good actually, you double singled that triple, i cased the lift off for the last jump of the triple, just a bit more gas and i woulda had it.
That triple is goin down hard core next time.
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 23, 2006, 04:08:26 PM
That triple is goin down hard core next time.
dont act like you're gonna go for it, if anything you're going down hardcore, you couldnt even clear the tables in the back :-\ it took carlos a few tries to triple it, and he's better then me and you put together. im going for the triple, but only when all that dang safety gear i ordered comes in.
I wanna try it too. In my mind it seems so easy, but once I get on the bike I always chicken out. I'm going to try to try it though. The two tables in the back are the easiest things on the entire track I think.
Im doin that triple next time. And I was clearing on of the tables in the back.
that tripple is very easy in the begining of the day, towards the end it gets pretty rough though, if it's your first time hitting it, do it in the morning and work your way up. Just make sure you don't hit it first lap, I did and landed almost all the way in the corner :D
Quote from: florida400ex on January 23, 2006, 10:16:32 PM
that tripple is very easy in the begining of the day, towards the end it gets pretty rough though, if it's your first time hitting it, do it in the morning and work your way up. Just make sure you don't hit it first lap, I did and landed almost all the way in the corner :D
lol i double singled it on my firs lap and almost went over the bars :D
Ya we will all see how you do on the group ride.
I'll be doubling the tables out back... :Fp
So ya this ride is goin down for sure.
Yep, just like 17 more days. ::) I think I made this thread too early, but whatever, what's done is done. Anyone else planning on coming?
will probably make it ! should be fun................. ;D
Im in a place to ride and hang out without worrying about the cops. Im down
pending :-\
Hey uh jw do the quads still ride with the bikes and vice versa????
Hey klutch wut goin on with you goin up there.
Quote from: RAD 700r on February 04, 2006, 04:10:53 AM
Hey uh jw do the quads still ride with the bikes and vice versa????
yup,its usually like 10 quads, and 100 dirtbikes lol. we're outnumbered, most of the dirtbikes stay on the supercross track, i find the bigger track a lil more quad friendly. dont worry though, a dirtbike isnt gonna go and jump on top of you ;)
Quote from: RAD 700r on February 04, 2006, 04:10:53 AM
Hey uh jw do the quads still ride with the bikes and vice versa????
Yep man, but quads don't usually ride with the A class riders. You should try and come if you could.
ok, i think im going, new tires should be on by the ride, and chest protector is being shipped, nerf bars are on, and elkas should be here in like a year :P
im ready :)
Ya my quad with nothin on it is goin to be ready.
Oh ive riden there plentyyy of times lol, they used to have it so quads had there own track and dirtbikes there own, you would have the whole quad track to your yourself. Then came the dirtbikes, now im more then a hazard there than another quad rider lol. Havent been there since like july when it rained everyday, very muddy and not fun they changed the track and didnt really like it much. jw if the dirtbikes still ride with the quads
Quote from: RAD 700r on February 06, 2006, 02:20:22 AM
Oh ive riden there plentyyy of times lol, they used to have it so quads had there own track and dirtbikes there own, you would have the whole quad track to your yourself. Then came the dirtbikes, now im more then a hazard there than another quad rider lol. Havent been there since like july when it rained everyday, very muddy and not fun they changed the track and didnt really like it much. jw if the dirtbikes still ride with the quads
just how long ago did you go their, the very first time i went was in july 05 on my warrior, and they still had it the same way they do now...
oh man like back in early october 2004, first time there i broke my arm lol it used to be sooo straight there
Quote from: RAD 700r on February 06, 2006, 08:59:38 PM
oh man like back in early october 2004, first time there i broke my arm lol it used to be sooo straight there
lol first time their broke your arm!, thats like tramautizing. that place is bad @$$ right now, i bet it must have been empty when the quads were allowed to ride, now we get to compete with the dirt bike, nothin like shootin a buncha roost at a dirtbike for no apparent reason ;)
Yeah man, not that tramautizing lol, i went back like 2 weeks after i got my cast off it was awesome all quads on one track the set up was great i used to go atleast 1nce a month. havent been there in awhile though. Im in love with trail riding now i think im going to croom when this group ride is taking place otherwise I would go.
Shooting roost at dirtbikes huh? I've been passed by some 450 dirtbikes that it's been like a meteor shower coming back at me.
Quote from: Toomey on February 06, 2006, 09:31:30 PM
Shooting roost at dirtbikes huh? I've been passed by some 450 dirtbikes that it's been like a meteor shower coming back at me.
hehe, how about a pre-view if your bike is ready, i may be riding this weekend, and if i do, its either seminole or the hump.
Quote from: Toomey on February 06, 2006, 09:31:30 PM
Shooting roost at dirtbikes huh? I've been passed by some 450 dirtbikes that it's been like a meteor shower coming back at me.
haha i know exactly what you mean lol
Quote from: RAD 700r on February 06, 2006, 09:49:39 PM
Quote from: Toomey on February 06, 2006, 09:31:30 PM
Shooting roost at dirtbikes huh? I've been passed by some 450 dirtbikes that it's been like a meteor shower coming back at me.
haha i know exactly what you mean lol
yeah toomey and rad, it stinks, you have to pull over and get all the dirt out of your goggles.
One time it was a little rock like the size of a golf ball. My bike should probably be ready in time for the 18th, it better be. I'm going to replace the piston, clean the powervalve, need reeds, clean the filter, new packing in the silencer, and see what happens. I'll be ready though, I've got like 10 spark plugs and my trusty monkey wrench always by my side. If none of that fixes it, I'll preety much have the problem narrowed down to a leaking right crank seal, that the shop will get the pleasure of replacing.
Yo klutch were are you goin to ride this weekend I need to get out of the house. Let me know maybe we could hook up.
this wek's gonna pass SO slow . i cant wait till the 18th. remeber jess ,theres a reserved spot 4 me on the trailer lol
Quote from: Miami416ex on February 11, 2006, 04:06:02 AM
this wek's gonna pass SO slow . i cant wait till the 18th. remeber jess ,theres a reserved spot 4 me on the trailer lol
ehhh i dunno, after today i really dont like the idea of a packed track, if its going to be full like it was today i dont think i will be riding.....
Yo man I cant wait for next weekend. It was awsome today.
So who is finaly goin this weekend?
I goin for sure.
Ill be out there on my yfz #4 and my friend is probly coming with me on his 450r #29
ya,
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on February 13, 2006, 12:58:55 AM
Quote from: Miami416ex on February 11, 2006, 04:06:02 AM
this wek's gonna pass SO slow . i cant wait till the 18th. remeber jess ,theres a reserved spot 4 me on the trailer lol
ehhh i dunno, after today i really dont like the idea of a packed track, if its going to be full like it was today i dont think i will be riding.....
Its so hard to ride when its packed there
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on February 13, 2006, 12:58:55 AM
Quote from: Miami416ex on February 11, 2006, 04:06:02 AM
this wek's gonna pass SO slow . i cant wait till the 18th. remeber jess ,theres a reserved spot 4 me on the trailer lol
ehhh i dunno, after today i really dont like the idea of a packed track, if its going to be full like it was today i dont think i will be riding.....
One more person isn't gonna hurt, saturdays are usaully never packed. Just sunday.
Its gonna be empty the ftr is going on up in lakeland
Quote from: miamirider on February 15, 2006, 05:05:04 AM
Its gonna be empty the ftr is going on up in lakeland
i hope so, last sunday was just rediculous!
Im also goin 4sure. :)
Sweetness. So klutch wuts it goin to be you in or not.
Anyone with room on their trailor swinging by Ft. Lauderdale? :Dead.gif
i thought you had an enclosed trailer, whats up???
hey elliot, gio may be heading to seminole with you?
klutchbuster400
how long is your db? Maybe somehow we can put it on my 4x8? LMAO. i dont know
Quote from: svtbolt04 on February 17, 2006, 02:47:39 AM
Hey fellas, I think im going to be heading up there also!
I need to get some MX practice in before gatorback.
COUNT ME IN!!!
finally get to ride with you fred, its trail time >:D
Cant go, I dont want to ride up there without a parent and get turned around. I have gone up there before without having to sign the minor release, but I dont want to chance it.
Alright, my dad was wrong, he'll be gone next week. But it looks like I'll be putting around on the 400, the piston for my bike hasn't arrived yet. >:(
I'll be out there 2mr in like the afternoon.
This your quad? We'll keep an eye out then.
(http://www.z400central.com/qotm/2005/december/1.jpg)
thats him^^^
Hey guys, I gotta pull out of this trip last minute, my dad says we're too busy here at the house and that it would just be too hard to make it. Just as we were leaving out the front door too....! >:(
ya thats mine