Seminole MX - Saturday - February 18th

Started by Toomey, January 18, 2006, 12:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomey

A lot of the people who went on the recent Hump ride are going to get a group ride to the track going, and of course anyone who wants to come really should, it's a lot more fun to ride with friends than alone.
The weekend of February 18th is a three day weekend, that's why I think it's a good weekend. 

So far we've got:
Toomey
klutchbuster400
Miami416ex
Sweet Z
wheelie_boy
rancher350kid
chubbyEXboy300
florida400ex
lt2301987


Weather (Still far to know for sure)
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/33440?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

If we get enough people, we can get some bar-b-que action going and all that.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

klutchbuster400

cant wait to take the z to a REAL track >:D

Toomey

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on January 18, 2006, 03:00:27 AM
cant wait to take the z to a REAL track >:D

I'll tell ya, it's alot harder in real life than it looks from pics or videos.  >:D
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Sweet Z

Rite Klutch we all know wut happened to you at the hump. But ya im in for the track.
2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE

Miami450R

Dude ur never gonna let that one go are you? ROFLmao
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Toomey on January 18, 2006, 03:07:06 AM
Quote from: klutchbuster400 on January 18, 2006, 03:00:27 AM
cant wait to take the z to a REAL track >:D

I'll tell ya, it's alot harder in real life than it looks from pics or videos.  >:D
i've been before ;) it is alot harder, but i have a more track friendly quad now. ;D

Sweet Z

Yo know it cuz he talks all day about me and stuff.
2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE

wheelie_boy

Count me in for this one!!! ;D  my dad is finally going to take me to the track.man i cant wait.
05 kx 250f

Toomey

Alright, added you 2 up on the list.  We've got a solid 5 so far.  :stoogies.gif
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Sweet Z

Looks like we will have another good group of people goin.
2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE

rubicon500kid

count me and chubbyEXboy300( he should have a new atv or he will use his 300)  also a friend with a 06 crf 450
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

wheelie_boy

Man i cant wait ive been wanting to hit a track for so long now..
05 kx 250f

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Sweet Z on January 18, 2006, 12:32:07 PM
Yo know it cuz he talks all day about me and stuff.
because you suck :) you ride like gib, and just becuase you fall doesnt mean you suck, you show me a rider that hasnt fallin and ill show you a rider that has'nt done anything.

Sweet Z

Dude you are right on that. But I said but ther is a diff on falling doin something and then fallin turning left. Am I right people?
2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Sweet Z on January 19, 2006, 03:05:42 AM
Dude you are right on that. But I said but ther is a diff on falling doin something and then fallin turning left. Am I right people?
when youre turning left going 45mph, yes theirs a difference.

Sweet Z

I have heard that the speed was a lot slower. I can not tell you my sources but they are good.
2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE

Exmx54

Quote from: Sweet Z on January 19, 2006, 04:24:17 AM
I have heard that the speed was a lot slower. I can not tell you my sources but they are good.

I fall all the time, it's called practice bud. You can't start off a pro. I'll most likely be there.

Sweet Z

Im just joshin klutch here cuz he is allways talkin mad crap.
2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE

Toomey

Quote from: florida400ex on January 20, 2006, 02:17:17 PM
Quote from: Sweet Z on January 19, 2006, 04:24:17 AM
I have heard that the speed was a lot slower. I can not tell you my sources but they are good.

I fall all the time, it's called practice bud. You can't start off a pro. I'll most likely be there.

I've fallen there a few times myself.  A good 3 or 4 times just the last time I was on my dirt bike there.  And then of course the time that I totaly wrecked that medium sized double while riding the Blaster.  Hopefully I'll be able to try some bigger jumps on this ride.
When I had a Blaster, jumping was so much eaisier I thought.  Just pin and go.  It usually stayed level at all corners.  But that little bike had no power I tell ya.  This 250 is the opposite.  It's got enough power to clear any jump there, but I am nowhere near good enough to try.  :o
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Exmx54

I'm the opposite, I use to race 125, once you get use to a bike which will take a couple months, they are way easier to jump, you only need like half the speed, and when you mess up, you have way more suspension to soak it up.

lt2301987

i gonna be there me and my dad but i dont think my dads gonna ride
300ex mine
lt230e dads
5.5go kart

Toomey

Quote from: florida400ex on January 20, 2006, 11:03:51 PM
I'm the opposite, I use to race 125, once you get use to a bike which will take a couple months, they are way easier to jump, you only need like half the speed, and when you mess up, you have way more suspension to soak it up.

The suspension, yes, you got a ton of forgiveness there.  And since you've only got two wheels, you eliminate the side to side leveling.
It just seems that it feels really small under me when jumping, and that the front or rear is too high or low.
The slanted table type thing, the finish line on the motocross track, I over did it once, and over shot my little safe landing area, and ended up just going over the bars, I don't know exactly what caused it though.  I think the front end was really low.  The double tables though I could do.  Right as I was taking off the first one, this guy on a Kawasaki 250F flys by me, doing both tables at once.  I was so amazed at the sight, how much higher and faster he went off it.  Soon I'll be jumping more, the supercross track would be perfect for the jumping practice.  Turns, I at least go as fast as I did on the Blaster, which ain't that fast!  I've only had the bike for a few months though, and I love it.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

klutchbuster400

i went yesterday, i hope they keep the triple in, they just need to groom the track a bit, the turns were full of ruts and big ditched everywhere.

wheelie_boy

I might be late if i even make it at all i just found out yesturday that i have football games starting on the first week of feb.
05 kx 250f

Sweet Z

2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE