5x8 ATV trailer question

Started by Keeter, December 22, 2005, 09:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeter

I am using a car trailer to tote my 720 lb ATV around. I was thinking about getting a 5x8 trailer and using it instead, smaller easier to park and manage. How does a 5x8 handle on the highway? Wiggle wobble, walking or any major issues? How stable are they? I travel I75 and it is sorta bumpy.
Thanks
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

bigscrub79

I used to use my dads 4x8 and nevre had any problems with it. You just had to make sure you loaded it in the center and as close to the front as possible.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

It will work fine. I used to tow one all over the state for 3 years racing FTR no problems.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

bbf

a friend just pick one up and he tow with a f150 and tows well

GSPKurt

Quote from: bigscrub79 on December 22, 2005, 09:10:18 AM
I used to use my dads 4x8 and nevre had any problems with it. You just had to make sure you loaded it in the center and as close to the front as possible.

What he said.

Make sure the load is more than 50% ahead of the axle, or it will sway.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com