Orlando Sandpit

Started by Crispy, December 19, 2005, 07:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honda328i

Would like to join you sometime, never been to this place either  ;D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Crispy

Welp let me know a day all you fellas wanna go out there and i'll see about going to.
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Jellie400

hey fellas, im not familiar with this area at all, im from the miami area myself, but im going to the apopka area for christmas and im picking up the raptor i just bought in winter haven and i would like to take it out for a ride. the only rd im familiar with is the main rd my family lives off of which is Red Bug which is i guess about 4 or 5 miles east of I-4, is this riding area close to this spot and if so, how do i get there?

sct450

it's about 15 or 20 miles from redbug lake rd

take redbug west to 436 turn right stay on that rd until you get to apaopka.turn left on main street go a few miles you'll come to keene rd/sheeler rd turn right onto keene go about a mile or so turn left on mcqueen go to the dead end.
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

sct450

when you get down here let me know i'll give you my # just in case you get lost.
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

Crispy

yeah we can set up a date I guess this weekend and all head out there if you guys would like, just use mapquest for some directions to keene, once you find keene its pretty self explanitory from mcqeen on.
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Mr. Fixit

Just to give you a heads up. Traywick , my daughter and I went there last month. Just after we got unloaded and ready to go a police helicopter flew down and told evryone to leave. If you do go and don't get booted out have fun.

Crispy

Hm that sucks did you got booted out :(, what time of day & what day was it? Sometimes people party out there and it causes cops to keep a good watch on it.
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Mr. Fixit


Crispy

at night? If so that mayyybe why. If not then no idea why the cops we're out there.
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Jellie400

i will probably be going there on Saturday, directions dont seem that hard but i will let you know for sure so i can get your # in case i do get lost, how is the riding here, is it muddy or is it ok for a sport atv?  Thanks for the directons

NUM1STUNR

HOW DO YOU get to this sandpit from winter gardens on 50.

Crispy

Numster my suggestion is to use mapquest

I should be out there early saturday until about 12 maybe alittle longer.

The riding isnt muddy unless it rains before hand otherwise its sandy and perfect for a sport ATV.
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Honda328i on December 20, 2005, 03:04:32 AM
Would like to join you sometime, never been to this place eitherĀ  ;D

you sure your wife will let you out of the packing duties?  :-*

and hey, if you go, then YOU can ride what your 400 should do  8)

I'm gonna do my best to be out there early Saturday morning,,,,already set up the babysitting service, and will be grabbing my quad on Friday.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Crispy

Sounds good Ida looks like itl be a good day of riding, my friends bringing his Z and i'll be riding my 400 hopefully I can get it rejetted before saturday. By the way Ida you seem to know alot about 400's so I have an 05 and im grabbing the HMF slip-on, performance filter, air box lid off, any ideas on the jetting, the pilot jet, and the fuel mixture screw, any ideas on those settings with what im running?
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Ida_Mann

dude, I can break down the engine in a heartbeat now, but as far as tuning, I leave that to the professionals at ATP in Apopka.  All the work done on my quad has been done there.

As far as the jetting settings and such, give Mike a call at the shop 407-880-3171.

I might try to get out there briefly during the day tomorrow.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Crispy

#41
Well hey man im gonna order a jet kit and my exhaust and everything will be here tommrrow (Jet kit, slip-on) Should I call Mike up and try and get a price on labor to tune this thing if I cant do it, I basicly just need to change out the jet, pilot, and get the fuel mixture set, i'm pretty sure I can do it but is there anything else to it?

By the way whats ATP's number any chance they have Jet kits in stock?
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Ida_Mann

the number is in the post above yours, I'm sure he'd be able to help and his prices are probably the cheapest labor rates you will find anywhere.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Crispy

Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 22, 2005, 10:44:15 PM
the number is in the post above yours, I'm sure he'd be able to help and his prices are probably the cheapest labor rates you will find anywhere.

Id@

trying to call them now looks like they may have closed up early :( so much for getting jet kits cheaper haha next day air prices are gonna kill me.
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

Ida_Mann

dude, putting together a quad the night before a ride hardly ever works right,,,,unless your name is Dreth ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Crispy

Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 22, 2005, 10:50:11 PM
dude, putting together a quad the night before a ride hardly ever works right,,,,unless your name is Dreth ;-)

Id@

Haha ride day is saturday friday is gonna be workday :) Just gotta get the slip on in tommrrow jet it and get it tuned right haha guess I got alittle bit of work ahead of me :)
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

sct450

form 50 in winter garden... go to ocoee turn left at mobil/old time potery/ mcdonalds stay on that road about 4 or 5 miles keene rd is your first right past binion rd(there is a nursery on the corner of binion rd) go past the 1st stop sign about half a mile turn right onto mcqueen go ot the dead end.you're there
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

sct450

i talked to traywick today and law is watching that place and there is a guy from the dump that rides around on a mule.go have fun but be careful.
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

Crispy

Quote from: sct450 on December 22, 2005, 11:25:49 PM
i talked to traywick today and law is watching that place and there is a guy from the dump that rides around on a mule.go have fun but be careful.

I just went riding last saturday if that changes anything went from about 8am-12pm.
FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.

sct450

don't change anything for me my bike is still broke down for about 2 more weeks.
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS