John Natalie Jr rips up SandMountain today...

Started by Ride1Rob, December 19, 2005, 12:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTR_380/450R

Nicest guy in the world! Wish I had my quad running so I could have gotten beat by Natalie!  2nd place wouldnt have been to bad as long as I lost to him! 
You noticed how I threw that 2nd place thing in there! ;)

Seriously though! He was super nice.  The only nicer person there today was Steve LE Hollar!  Just handing over the vet class like it was a Christmas gift!! ;D  J/K   

Tim Farr last race and Natalie this race!?
To all that said sand mountain MX track wasnt very ridable!  Tell that to those guys!
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

Sandmountainspeedway.com

Natalie was very nice his whole group was great its nice to see that quad unfrendly MX track being put to good use. 

Ride1Rob

Quote from: RTR_380 on December 19, 2005, 03:04:14 PM
Nicest guy in the world! Wish I had my quad running so I could have gotten beat by Natalie!  2nd place wouldnt have been to bad as long as I lost to him! 
You noticed how I threw that 2nd place thing in there! ;)

Seriously though! He was super nice.  The only nicer person there today was Steve LE Hollar!  Just handing over the vet class like it was a Christmas gift!! ;D  J/K   

Tim Farr last race and Natalie this race!?
To all that said sand mountain MX track wasnt very ridable!  Tell that to those guys!


JT... was that you in the red Nissan Truck? Thought it was but wasn't sure. I'm not used to seeing you out of uniform.

And yeah, the track is a nice track (IF YOUR A PRO RIDER ::)   ) To the average rider riding like those guys do is nowhere possible. If you try... you get hurt. Look at what happened to Natalies friend on that step up.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Nightbreed

That track has to be one of my favorite tracks in the state. I dont think you have to be a Pro to ride there. The track has a lot to offer when your practicing MX.
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

#54
Quote from: Nightbreed on December 19, 2005, 06:07:58 PM
That track has to be one of my favorite tracks in the state. I dont think you have to be a Pro to ride there. The track has a lot to offer when your practicing MX.

nightbreed is right! it is my favorit track too! you definately do not need to be a pro to ride on the track! ;)

Quote from: Ride1Rob on December 19, 2005, 05:11:33 PM
And yeah, the track is a nice track (IF YOUR A PRO RIDER ::)   ) To the average rider riding like those guys do is nowhere possible. If you try... you get hurt. Look at what happened to Natalies friend on that step up.

the step up is not that bad! when i go there soon on my new yfz i am going to tear that thing up!!
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

#74 crf250r

the mx track is not that difficult i can hit every jump out there except the big step up i would say its one of the best tracks in the state and the most fun to ride.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

Ride1Rob

We're not speaking in terms of dirtbikes. Of course it was built for the dirtbike rider.

The track is fun and I have rode it. But I have seen some guys that can ride their arses off and almost crap out when they hit that step up. There have only been a few to hit that jump w/ no probs. Not saying that others can't, but if you hit that thing on a continuous basis your skill level is by no means AVERAGE.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

blindkaeta

The MX track is very rideable,  I made about four laps yesterday.  I think there is only a few jumps that are risky for quads.  I will go back and ride it again, I think it will make me a better rider.  I have to agree with nightbreed it is a great place to practice.  Just don't ride over your head. No pun intended.




Flea_Jumper

I agree with Rob, I can ride and hit alot of the jumps on the track.  They are no harder than Hardrock if you dont try the big step up.  I have only seen two guys clear that thing safly, Farr, and Natilie.  I know what can happen if you come up a little short or a little to far I have wittnessed both.  I really believe that it should be shortened a bit, it would make it a little easier for the average guy to make the jump the track as a whole would be funner. ;)

#74 crf250r

ya but its cool to have that one huge jump that over time you might eventually hit i like the track the way it is now, cant wait for the first race its jan 8th just so everyone knows.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

01ZX12R

"Seriously though! He was super nice.  The only nicer person there today was Steve LE Hollar!  Just handing over the vet class like it was a Christmas gift!!   J/K "


Steve, I thinks this is going to be one of those gifts that keeps on given. 
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

dreth

i have ridden 11 of the 15 tracks in florida and i also agree with Rob!! for the average rider that track is no fun and dangerous! how can something be fun if you spend all day flat landing :dunno.gif? the step up is dangerous and someone will die trying it before its all over :deal.gif. i hate to say that, but that is how i feel! even the first triple was giving Natalie a hard time, lap after lap he cased it and one time almost knocked him off the quad!

To the Sandmountain MX crew that is obviously reading this thread please take note that I LIKE YOUR TRACK! but its very difficult for quads!

PROOF: other than FARR and NATALIE how many quad riders can and have cleared every thing on the track???????????????????? Maybe 5 all together. so what is the ratio of quad riders that cant clear even half the jumps to those can clear everything?  im geussing 50 to 1!!  that speaks for itself!

If you have a genuine concern for your customers then i say poll all the quad riders with a survey and see what they say! im only trying to help your buisness grow and for that matter, STAY IN BUISNESS! Think about it like this...............someone gets paralized or dies at your track; what do you think their family is gonna do?

You can keep the track every bit as challenging as it is now and still make it more friendly for those less experienced!
1 example is something you have already done..........you filled in the big triple on the front straight away! its still hard to do but a lesser rider can inch his way out until he is capable of such a hard jump.
a 2nd example would be to make that first triple either shorter or just a double, or cut down the last hump so it doesnt buck you so bad.
a 3rd example would be to shave off about 2 feet of the landing on the big step up and round it off more so it as well dont buck you off as you have seen happen numerous times now!

i dont feel that these are unreasonable or difficult requests! i also feel that you would increase your number of return riders considerably. these are just suggestions and i mean them in a good way, like i said before, I LIKE THE TRACK! problem is, not many of my friends want to take that beating all day .

sorry if i offended anyone with my lenghty opinion but some of you that said that you like this track know as well as i do that it takes alot of motor, suspension, skill, and b@lls to ride this track.

LE450-RACER#77

Sorry Wayne but no you gift is over. I keep on making changes to my quad & that is throwing me off but it will be right soon enough so you WILL BE BACK BEHIND ME soon enough.   ;)   I PROMISE THE OVER SHOOTING THE CORNING IS GONE  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

01ZX12R

I do believe Dreth hit the nail right on the head.. The track is fun and I too like to ride it but I do think it is a little dangerous for the average rider. just my .02 please don't take the wrong way.
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

01ZX12R

Steve do you feel something,, I think it is pressure. The pressure will get you every time. It might be time for you to get your motor freshend up. Looks like it is getting a little week.
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

trx#9

People need to understand if your not a expert rider don't try to clear those monster jumps. Dirt bike riders know this but for some reason quad rider are a little slow in the head, until a few trips to the hospital. I don't see a C-class dirt bike rider doing the step up but for some reason a C-class quad rider will try it. The funny thing is that they don't even do the smaller jumps smoothly and they trying to hit the triple or the step up, RETARDS. Those riders can't even conquer dade city!!!  :stoogies.gif Anyway keep the track the way it is, they will learn in time.  :Wacko.gif
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

dreth

Quote from: trx#9 on December 20, 2005, 01:44:49 AM
People need to understand if your not a expert rider don't try to clear those monster jumps. Dirt bike riders know this but for some reason quad rider are a little slow in the head, until a few trips to the hospital. I don't see a C-class dirt bike rider doing the step up but for some reason a C-class quad rider will try it. The funny thing is that they don't even do the smaller jumps smoothly and they trying to hit the triple or the step up, RETARDS. Those riders can't even conquer dade city!!!  :stoogies.gif Anyway keep the track the way it is, they will learn in time.  :Wacko.gif

ok! take out the STEP UP, take out the TRIPLE, take out the BIG SINGLE TO TABLE, take out the DRAGONS BACK, and take out that good size DOUBLE in the middle of the track..............................whats left for those who arent as skilled? NOT MUCH!

blindkaeta

I have to agree with both points.  Your stupid c-class riders that don't have to work on monday can do stupid thigs like trying the triple and the step up.  I think that the track has some jumps on it that are only for pro or a-class riders but I also think you could give us smart c-riders an out such as waldo with mount waldo.  

I personally think that what Dreth is trying to say is don't take out the big air just make it easier not to take the jump and still have the landing that doesn't beat you up.  

When you fall off the ramp to the step up its like 5 ft straight down.  Make a small table top to the step up so you have a smoother landing for us retard c-class riders who can't conquer dade city.  LOL   Other that that just giving my .02

#74 crf250r

i agree with the dreth if i want to go to a track with smaller jumps ill go to sunshine or dade city the big jumps are the reason i make the drive out to sand mt the track is awsome lets keep it that way.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

#74 crf250r

they could work on some of the landings though
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

trx#9

They are going to make another track next to that one. Maybe they'll make it a little more friendly then everyone will be happy ::) ::)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

dreth

Quote from: trx#9 on December 20, 2005, 02:30:56 AM
They are going to make another track next to that one. Maybe they'll make it a little more friendly then everyone will be happy ::) ::)


that is another option! their current pewee track is small and the big track is BIG so and intermediate track would be great!

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

53yfz450

its not like they dont have the space. :P

i like the track i can hit all the jumps but the step-up. that i will soon hit. ;) and i think they are all fine. i mean i think they should work on the faces and landings of the jumps.

maybee they can use some of our advice to make the 1st mx race alot better. ;D
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

Sandmountainspeedway.com

All of you have great suggestions and I do print this for us to look at thank god there is such a forum for everyone to speak (thankyou ATVFlorida.com) . Here is my take and we are open for suggestions but if you are in a pinto and a Simi truck comes at you get out of the way. Don't try to fly like the bikes try to beat the track at your skill level I promises you wont get thrown out for not making a jump (there is no minimum speed limit.) Please just be safe and have fun I will let my father-in-law see all of this and we will talk about it safety is important to us but this track was designed by racers (not all pros ether). I will tell you we will look at this and let you know, we have made changes to the track from input from all you from this site our site and at the track. As far as a new track it takes all the time we have to keep these four tracks ride able we all work 40+ hours a week and then work on the track if we will hit the lottery and then Sand Mountain will be perfect until then we will do our best thanks so much to all of you for all you have done for us.

Sand Mountain Family