I think I broke new my truck!

Started by qt314nfla, December 18, 2005, 04:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qt314nfla

Ok, here it is.  Went to the ranch and took the truck out late.  Lights went out due to what I think is a fuse.  I sure hope so.  Either way I was way the hell away from camp and had to drive back w/o lights at 3am.  In the process I broke the truck!

Stearing is crap!  Need help fast!  Anyone in Manatee or Sarasota area that has a reliable mechanic please contact me.

No sence in clicking me on Nextel until tomorrow.  The ranch has claimed yet another freaking phone of mine!  ARRRRRGGGGGG!

Ok, not only am I dumb but I am certainly working my way quickly into the dumb blond books!

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: QT314Nfla on December 18, 2005, 04:34:49 PM
Ok, here it is.  Went to the ranch and took the truck out late.  Lights went out due to what I think is a fuse.  I sure hope so.  Either way I was way the hell away from camp and had to drive back w/o lights at 3am.  In the process I broke the truck!

Stearing is crap!  Need help fast!  Anyone in Manatee or Sarasota area that has a reliable mechanic please contact me.

No sence in clicking me on Nextel until tomorrow.  The ranch has claimed yet another freaking phone of mine!  ARRRRRGGGGGG!

Ok, not only am I dumb but I am certainly working my way quickly into the dumb blond books!

Dumb? Naaaaaaah. Drunk? Yeeeeeeep.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

qt314nfla

Can I make a movie.  I'd like to call it 'Broke and Broker'!

Muddbuggy

Quote from: QT314Nfla on December 18, 2005, 04:34:49 PM
Ok, not only am I dumb but I am certainly working my way quickly into the dumb blond books!

LMAO !!  anybody GOT any good brunette jokes .

sorry to here about your truck,  Damn you got more mud on the tires  :o and you told me you wouldnt do it again. :no
GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi


SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....

Chuck_Norris

let me know if I can help with the broken truck, I think Bigg Daddy can help in the phone dept.

Busta Nutt

Probably the steering box or the pump. Them dodges are notorious for that.  Look for leaking fluid around the sector shaft that is one indication. Might sound stupid but have you ever checked the fluid? Either way the parts should be available from your local parts store. You should be able to change them if you have a good tool kit. The steering box from a one ton is interchangable and probably a bit cheaper although it is not a variable rate unit.
Your fuse bx should have extra fuses in it if it were that but I doubt it. Their is a factory recall on the wiring harness I believe might want to check that. I think the relays for the lights is shizzit also probably could use an upgrade.

GSPKurt

Loren-
Another "learning experience". Let us know what went wrong.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

MrsPureLogic

Sorry to hear QT.....  and we would never make blonde jokes  b:r LOL

qt314nfla

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.  The phone isn't a big deal.  After I lost the last one I got another to keep as back up so I wouldn't have to wait for the insurance company to send one.  I just need to activate it.  I did copy some of the numbers on the card but it's been awhile since I had it copied so I lost a good deal of numbers again.

I haven't noticed any leaking fluid but good suggestion on checking the fluid.  That's exactly what it feels and sounds like when I turn.  I sure hope this stupid mistake doesn't cost me alot!  Sheldon checked the fuse briefly but I haven't gotten a chance to really look at it.

I didn't make it back to camp till 6-7 am.  Driving several miles at less than 2mph takes awhile.  Got back to camp and everyone was loading up.  So I chose to do the same and head home.  So far I've been too tired to really look at anything.

kawGIRL

Back when we had a Dodge pick-up I think we had to replace the steering column 2 or 3 times  :( It seems like it was always in the shop.

Good Luck with your truck ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

enniehall

No good, belive me and you know it I feel your pain.
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

qt314nfla

Well I've got it all figured out.  I blew the lights when I got water in them.  All lights will be fixed by tonight.  As for the steering.  Seems I must have hit a stump after the lights went out so I bent the steering stabilizer.  Waiting to get one ordered then having a shop put it back on.  Last problem is that the horn isn't working so well, I think that's probably because I need to clean the truck.  All in all this one isn't going to be as expensive as I had thought! 

Thanks for the sympathy at my own stupidity though!

cd4mud

If it's the steering stabilizer pull off or have a buddy pull it off and get a new one later on. You don't really need it with factory size tires. 

felix_z-4

I never go playing in the mud, but keep an old gym bag in my Jeep w/ tow rope, duct tape,jumper cables and a spotlight that plugs into the cig. lighter.Beleive me that spotlight will light up a stadium.So here's a few things you should put on your x-mas list.Hope everything works out.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: QT314Nfla on December 19, 2005, 10:13:25 PM
Well I've got it all figured out.  I blew the lights when I got water in them.  All lights will be fixed by tonight.  As for the steering.  Seems I must have hit a stump after the lights went out so I bent the steering stabilizer.  Waiting to get one ordered then having a shop put it back on.  Last problem is that the horn isn't working so well, I think that's probably because I need to clean the truck.  All in all this one isn't going to be as expensive as I had thought! 

Thanks for the sympathy at my own stupidity though!

I'll say it again.......Stupidity? Naaaaaaah. Drunk? Yeeeeeeep.   ;D

Glad to hear it's going to be an inexpensive fix.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

qt314nfla

Either way drunk or stupid I still had a blast.  No complaints and I'm glad it's not going to break the bank completely.  That spotlight is for sure going on my wish list.  That would have saved my butt!  Already have the steering stabilizer off and ordering one to put back on.  Thanks again for everyone's suggestion.  Need to remember to add a tow rope to my collection of things to haul around too.

Ida_Mann

note to self,,,NEVER let Lauren drive my truck.

:-*

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

qt314nfla

Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 20, 2005, 01:21:33 AM
note to self,,,NEVER let Lauren drive my truck.

:-*

Id@

Ida, I'd never do that to anyone's truck other than my own.

Moose

Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 20, 2005, 01:21:33 AM
note to self,,,NEVER let Lauren drive my truck.

:-*

Id@

At least not after midnight.  :drive.gif
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

Just poking fun QT, you have to rub the new off that truck some how.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

GSPKurt

You can get an aftermarket Rancho stabilizer online for about the same price and it'll be a much better unit. Really don't need one with the stock tires, as was mentioned earlier.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Moose

I feel for ya QT, I had a new 86 Bronco ll. Took it hunting and we partied at night. Well I ended up in a hole, deep, and stuck. As I sat there this brown water covered my new blue carpet up to the bottom of the electric seats. Ended up OK, I took the seats out, then the carpet. Cleaned the carpet and hung over the shrubs all day. Good as new after the dealer put a new computer in it.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

qt314nfla

I'm not sure how long this truck will stay stock.  Once it comes time for new tires I'm considering a lift and bigger tires.  Have heard great things about the BFG A/T's on Dodge's.  Need to check into that steering stabilizer you mentioned.  The truck handles very nicely with it and I'd like to replace it but it's nice to know I don't need one right now.

I feel for ya moose.  I'm glad I didn't have to sink much money into the truck to fix it.  Won't be doing any more playing with it till I can afford another daily driver.  Although it will still be at the play pen in the evenings I'm sure.  Just no more trail rides w/ it.  Which sucks because I had a blast taking it out.

Other than the clean up on the bronco did you have fun that night moose?