Trailer Extension...

Started by Agent, December 14, 2005, 12:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent

Hi all... Right now I have a really nice 5 x 8 utility trailer.. My girlfriend (fiance) is pretty sure shes going to get a quad, so I need to get about a 6.5 x 12, or extend the 5 x 8 to 5 x 12... Any ideas> I am pretty sure I would have to move the axle back if I eadded some metal to the back of it... Just looking for the help of if this is worth doing it... Thanks!
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

Moose

If it was me, I would get a larger trailer, all one piece. With the money invested in the quads, the trailer is cheap. People are always moving up or down with trailer size, just wait and you will find one for sale that's just right for your needs.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Roostin300ex

i agree i have seen a nice 3500 lb axle 22 inch tires brand new 6x12 for 725...it would be cheaper to sell urs now and get a new one I think
1997 Honda 300 Ex...some mods...FOR SALE
1993 KX-125 pro circuit exhaust, renthal bars, khlein carb, flywheel, excel rims, powdercoated rims and forks, moose bar guards, ceet, oh yea a spare engine!

Agent

holy crap! 750 brand new? where did you see that at?
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Agent on December 14, 2005, 02:24:49 AM
holy crap! 750 brand new? where did you see that at?

Alot of trailer shops sell them for that price, or close to it. Just shop around and stop by any trailer shop you see on the side of the road.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Moose

Mine's 5x14, 3500# single axle, 15" trailer tires, ramp gate, tongue jack. Got it new for $800.  Lawn service type with 2x12 wood floor.

So sell yours and get exactly what you need.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

I did extend my 10 foot trailer to 12 foot and had to move axle.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

GSPKurt

I lengthened mine and it was a PITA. If you do it, extend it in FRONT of the axle. Don't forget to add another cross-brace as well.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch