**NEED HELP** Valve Adjustment 06 Vinson

Started by Mr Beef, December 07, 2005, 05:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Beef

Would anyone have the spec to adjust the valve on a 06 Suzuki Vinson

Thanks in Advance

BEEF//

flmedic911

Have you had the initial service done by a Suzuki Dealer?  How many miles?  More than 100?

Just asking..I have same quad...unless you are 100%sure of what you are doing..spend the $200 dollars and let the dealer do the first service..they have to adjust and reseal many things on the quad after initial break in..trust me, just had mine done.

Now that the first one is done..I'll do the maintenance myself.  Read the manual..it explains about the first service in better detail.

good luck

FLMEDIC911 ;) ;)

otto

I did the first valve adjustment on my yfz450. I had to buy an assortment of valve pads and a feeler gage but it was pretty straightforward. The factory service manual (available from your dealer) should list the specs/procedure for valve adjustment and many other good things.  ;)
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

Mr Beef

The dealer quoted me $200.00 to do the first service, they said that it would take about 4 hours and they made it sound like a glorified oil change.

I will kick myself if this turns out to be the case but it sounds like flmedic911 was happy in giving them the business.

Thank you

Beef

otto

On my yfz it would have super easy if I didn't have to adjust the valves (pull the cover, check the clearances, put the cover back on). It was a little more work to change out the valve pads but no big deal. I suggest that u get the manual and read it over before deciding whether or not to do it yourself because special tools may be required etc. Good luck!  :)
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

flmedic911

Mr. Beef:

I dont know if the word "happy" is what I would use...but satisfied that all was good, and that my $7000 investment was protected...well ok I guess I am happy!!!!

You will be too!!!!!


FLMEDIC911 ;D