Riding Ocala during the week

Started by superstroked, November 10, 2005, 03:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superstroked

Anyone think that the hunters will be out at Ocala during the week? Thinking about going Wed 11/16/05 for the first time and dont want to get shot! LOL
2002 Green Kawasaki Prairie 650
25" Bighorns on Black ITP Deltas
700 Belt and Spring

2000 Black Ford F-350 Powerstroke 4D 4x4
Banks,4" Stainless Exhaust 33" Pro Comps

adeese660

Yes,the hunters WILL be out there,I am a hunter myself,what happens is they have a Quota hunt,which means that you put your name in a drawing and if chosen you can have preferance over the other hunters and hunt the first 9 days,Wed. is only 5 days into general gun,there are alot of people that take off work to hunt those first 9 days.They only allow a certain amount of hunters during that time,but that amount is usually about the same as the number that hunt Ocala anyway,they have alot of land,so they allow more hunters.
Hope this helps you out.

superstroked

So I guess that means it would be a good idea not to go well heck I really didnt want to go to croom again :( Was hoping for a change of scenery!
2002 Green Kawasaki Prairie 650
25" Bighorns on Black ITP Deltas
700 Belt and Spring

2000 Black Ford F-350 Powerstroke 4D 4x4
Banks,4" Stainless Exhaust 33" Pro Comps

adeese660

If you do deside to go to Ocala,I would at least go between say 10:30 to 2:00 or so,after and before the hunters will be in their stands,of course thats just giving an estimate,they all have differant times they leave their stands in the morning and return afternoon,and some stay there all day,but be careful,I wouldn't ever shoot at someone in the woods unless they were shooting at me,but there are alot of differant people out there with differant frames of mind,most will just get p-oed at you,cuss a little and go on about their business but you never know.

themensh

super..sent you a reply.
  I think I have a 'day' of vacation I could BURN at Ocala.
  I have only been to BIG SCRUB and SEED ORCHARD.  I seemed to like SEED ORCHARD better....anyone else have preferences?
  Anybody up fo it?

           Chuck

Eworm

Quote from: themensh on November 11, 2005, 01:20:37 AM
super..sent you a reply.
  I think I have a 'day' of vacation I could BURN at Ocala.
  I have only been to BIG SCRUB and SEED ORCHARD.  I seemed to like SEED ORCHARD better....anyone else have preferences?
  Anybody up fo it?

           Chuck

Where is seed orchard??

Quad32x

I  think  its  north  of  316  on  88.
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

themensh

    SEED ORCHARD:

    Coming from the East on route 40....turn north toward the "Rifle Range" which is  on  road #88.  Drive on #88 seventeen miles.
About 2.2 miles north of road 316 you will see a large sign that says SEED ORCHARD on the left.  Park in grass behind the sign.  (hope this helps)

    Chuck