Which will be better??

Started by love2mud, October 11, 2005, 08:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love2mud

Hi
I am new here but hope I can get some help.  I want to buy my son (4) a little quad and there are two that I am looking at. KFX50 or Raptor 50. If anyone can give me some pointers, thanks.  He has riden a trx 90 a little bit already. Which one will last....easy to fix......

I ride out at Holey Land, well, my son does anyway.

Mark

themensh

  I say let HIM pick!!! LOL
  If he has any little friends that can tag along....make a day of it.
  Let them all sit on it......he can be BIG SH!T and then
you buy pizza for the gang.
  A lifetime of memories.......don't forget the camera.
  This is about HIM remember!
   (What a DAD!!!!)

            Chuck

05greengriz

I started my son out on a 40 Eton when he was 3 yrs old. I don't know how your son rides, but I know my son outgrew it in no time. If he handles the 90 ok, go for it you can always turn the throttle down. Just remember to get the protective gear.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Chillinthemost

get the kfx over the raptor. If he is a big 4yr old then get the kfx or lt 80 and turn it down. the kfx 50 is pull start the 80 is electric. Please buy helmet, goggles, chest protector, and boots. The safety gear will cost you $250 but 1 trip to the ER will be way more than that. I have 3 kids so it was 3 quads and 3 sets of gear, OUCH. Ive got a 50, 80 and 90 if you want to make the trip you're welcome to come try them all out.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

love2mud

Thanks for replies.
He is a little guy and I hate to see him get hurt...... My other son (8) has the trx 90 so that is why I want to get something really small. I need to get one for me soon............

Chillinthemost

If he is a lttle guy get the kfx 50 it is a small scaled machine. Get yourself something nice too. I had a plan, get the kids quads for Xmas 2 years ago, of course I couldn't properly watch them on foot. "Honey, I guess I'll have to buy something to ride with them" along came a new YFZ450 ;D.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

qt314nfla

My suggestion is that since these little guys and girls out grow their quad so fast why both buying a name brand?  For an older child or an adult name brand is the only way to go.  But most of these off brand quads cost half the money of the others.  And they tend to last 2+years in which time you'll be moving them up.  If you have younger children to pass a quad down to then go w/ a name brand.  Otherwise save the money.

love2mud

I think that name brands will save you money or grief over time because the parts/service are easy to get. I have heard some stories about the cheap ones and I want it to last.

TRX450R_Racer

I don't like off brand machines myself but, whatever you get try to get something with a-arms in the front. The Suzuki's have front a-arm suspension. The Yamaha Raptor 50 and 80 have a solid front axle sort of like the rear. If you go over obstacles or in an off camber situation it isn't good. The Yamaha's ride is terrible compared to the Suzuki's
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

love2mud

Thats good info, I am going to look at some this weekend at the store. Really need to sell my bike so I  can buy one. Anyone interested in trades?? ZX11 year 2000, nice stock bike asking 6000 but want to move on it.

2006YFZ450

My cousin has a Raptor 50 and its an awsome machine.   It'd good for children and wont be in the shop.  I ride it all the time when im over his house we put some much load on that Raptor 50 it crazy hoq it wont die.  Its a 4 stroke easy to ride.  Just change hte oil every 20-30hrs. or Twice a year or more depending on how much your son rides.  Well that's my 2 cents.  Awsome DAD.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com