What do you prefer!!

Started by CountryBoy, October 04, 2005, 05:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which do you think is better!

SUSUKI Quadsport 250
5 (35.7%)
YAMAHA Blaster
9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

CountryBoy

What do you prefer, the SUSUKI Qudsport 250, or the YAMAHA Blaster. Give details and information please.

[attachment deleted by admin]
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

96 warrior

susuki is 4 stroke, shaft driven
blaster 2 stroke, chain, no reverse, kick start, but its cheaper and faster (i think )
96 (and a 98) warrior

wheelie_boy

The suzuki is a great starter sport atv.  MY first sport atv was the sporttrax 250 and i loved it to death.
05 kx 250f

Southern4x4

neither honda 250ex is a good bike evenm tho i odnt got one id rather have my bike anyways but jus sayin
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

wheelie_boy

Quote from: Last Chance on October 04, 2005, 06:53:32 PM
neither honda 250ex is a good bike evenm tho i odnt got one id rather have my bike anyways but jus sayin

Right the honda 250ex is almost exactly like the suzuki 250, like same engine.
05 kx 250f

WOODY_450r

Get a z-400, you will like it a lot more, even if you dont know how to ride a clutch, I bet cody will teach you how to use a clutch
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4


Southern4x4

im suprised u didnt say get a warrior lol
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Last Chance on October 04, 2005, 07:54:59 PM
im suprised u didnt say get a warrior lol
o btw look into a warrior

2006YFZ450

#9
If yur looking to get a Suzukie 250 get a Honda 250ex its exactly the same.  It pops wheelies.  Goes 50+MPH.  Awsome reliabilty.  Runs quiet and clean. With reverse. 5 speed- auto clutch. 


The Blaster has too much work no reverse.  Kick start.  the kick start is the worst. On a cold engine it takes 10-15 kicks to get it started.  I know I owned a '03 Blaster. 6 speed- manual clutch.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

CountryBoy

#10
Thanks for all of the info. you all gave me. I think it will be a real help to me. :)      I CHECKED THE HONDA SPORTTRAX 250 OUT. IT LOOKS GOOD and it is cheaper than the SUSUKI 250, but when i saw the 2006 TRX 250EX I liked it better.Is so rad lookin.

[attachment deleted by admin]
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

Yamaha72

The Blaster has too much work no reverse.  Kick start.  the kick start is the worst. On a cold engine it takes 15-20 kicks to get it started.  I know I owned a '03 Blaster. 6 speed- manual clutch.
[/quote]


I don't know about that one mine starts the first or second kick every time...... If you take good care of them. Z250- 55 MPH    Blaster- 56 MPH. 75% more aftermarket parts for the Blaster than a Z250 and I haven't even thought about racing one.... To busy with the Z-400's
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Yamaha72

The 250EX is not really a contender with the Z250 and the Blaster even though it is in the same class...... The 300EX is more comparable. Top speed 250EX 51 MPH
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

clancooler

Quote from: Yamaha72 on October 09, 2005, 07:29:13 PM
The Blaster has too much work no reverse.  Kick start.  the kick start is the worst. On a cold engine it takes 15-20 kicks to get it started.  I know I owned a '03 Blaster. 6 speed- manual clutch.


I don't know about that one mine starts the first or second kick every time...... If you take good care of them. Z250- 55 MPH    Blaster- 56 MPH. 75% more aftermarket parts for the Blaster than a Z250 and I haven't even thought about racing one.... To busy with the Z-400's

[/quote]


I agree something was wrong with your blaster, or maybe someone just ......, i started on the blaster and i loved it, and i think a blaster will teach you to ride better since there is no reverse and you cant just stall, since you have to kick start it, instead of oh well let me use my electric start...so you wont get into any bad habbits.
2004 DVX 400
full White Bros Pro Alum. Exhaust
Oneal Bars
Honda Throttle

Toomey

A Blaster is more of a sports quad than a Z250 or 250EX.  They are much much faster, if you modify them.  And no the kick start is not the worst, every now and then I could start it one kick without even standing up off the seat.
Now on the other side, the 250's are gonna need less maintainence for sure, add gas and go type deal.  Plus when it comes time to sell, if you keep it running and looking good, it'll be a snap and a half.
If you're buying new, get a 250, and resell for good $$$ in a few years.  If you're buying used, you can get a Blaster for $1500 easy.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

CountryBoy

#15
Now what about the Susuki Lt-z400 and the Honda trx400ex, which one is better.and what are the top speeds on both of these quads.

[attachment deleted by admin]
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

Yamaha72

Z-400 all the way. Better than the 400ex, faster top end and all around better. I race my friends 400ex which is not stock and I am only about 1 1/2 lengths behind. Same price but the Z-400 goes about 72 and the 400ex about 65-67. Bout both are better than a blaster,Z250,250EX. ;)
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com